GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Oh yeah, seems to me like they're getting ready to put the crane up on the eastern most block sometime this weekend.

alot of earth being pushed around, so it should be interesting on how this site progresses. I'm fascinated by junk like that. ;)

As a Midtowner, I can tell you that more shopping and eating options in the area will be much appreciated.

With all the residential development in the area, the commercial development is lacking (or lagging). All in good time, I suppose. There is finally a CVS going in down the street. I know the Forum generally detests full blocks being swallowed up by a convenience store, but if you had to drive ten minutes to buy deodorant, you'd be singing a different tune.

Agreed. More CVS's > Greater livability > More population density > More luxury dining and retail offerings.

Could Virgin MegaStore come to Houston? Maybe at HP? Maybe elsewhere?

Check this out:

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/390288619...013332998563454

"Despite the chain's recent contraction, the suits at Virgin are mulling another Texas location, this one in H-Town. 'We are considering Houston as a new market,' Wright confirmed. 'But there are no definite plans to open a megastore in Houston at present.'"

------------------------------------

I'm a little concerned about the fitness of Virgin, and I wouldn't want the store in HP if all it'll do is shut down two years later. Nonetheless, it is 'interesting' at least that they are 'mulling' a Houston location.

i just frove by and they just put the base for an additional crane! that means TWO cranes on the middle block.

i

I can't get over how excited some of y'all get about cranes. Somebody should do a HAIF crane calendar... full of high resolution pictures of cranes from all angles, some of them scantily clad in their company logo, some of them oiled and shiny, some of them muddy....

I can't get over how excited some of y'all get about cranes. Somebody should do a HAIF crane calendar... full of high resolution pictures of cranes from all angles, some of them scantily clad in their company logo, some of them oiled and shiny, some of them muddy....

manitowoc.png

Miss April

Could Virgin MegaStore come to Houston? Maybe at HP? Maybe elsewhere?

Check this out:

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/390288619...013332998563454

"Despite the chain's recent contraction, the suits at Virgin are mulling another Texas location, this one in H-Town. 'We are considering Houston as a new market,' Wright confirmed. 'But there are no definite plans to open a megastore in Houston at present.'"

------------------------------------

I'm a little concerned about the fitness of Virgin, and I wouldn't want the store in HP if all it'll do is shut down two years later. Nonetheless, it is 'interesting' at least that they are 'mulling' a Houston location.

Maybe a relocation of their New Orleans location. I woudln't mind them here, but how much retail would they take up? I would rather have an ESPN Zone in their place.

I always thought Virgin Megastores were cool, but now they seems like they generate all the excitement of an abandoned amusement park. There's no future in music stores. Well, maybe a short one, but I can't imagine a Virgin going in at HP now.

ESPN Zone sounds like a lot more fun. And considering the proximity of HP to all the sport venues downtown, it would be highly appropriate to have the king of all sports bars. Just think of the business it would generate for Astros' games after work. Someone really needs to write the ESPN people and let them know what's going on here. Who knows, maybe they are already waiting in the wings.

I always thought Virgin Megastores were cool, but now they seems like they generate all the excitement of an abandoned amusement park. There's no future in music stores. Well, maybe a short one, but I can't imagine a Virgin going in at HP now.

There's a Virgin store right around the corner from where I've been staying. Nothing to write home about. Specialty music stores have been dying left and right.