GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

not anymore, I drove by this evening and they had a big stack of fencing and posts ready to be installed. I figured tomorrow or this weekend is when it'll be blocked off.

Oh, I can almost hear the screams from the people that are going to delicate flower about the parking.

The Main St. lot was completely fenced off this morning. There were cars there, but I suspect that it may be contractor parking.

that would be logical.

From what I can see, there are going to be a number of workers that are going to be working there for awhile, so it might be appropriate to allow them to park there as long as possible until that lot needs to be worked on.

I expect alot more hard hats to be on the rail in the near future unless they want to hike quite a few blocks for $3-4 a day parking. (do they get subsidies for parking?)

You know what would be cool? If they'd adopt the old giant roach from Jack Roach Ford as sort of a mascot for the Pavillions--a mix of the old Houston with the new.

"The New Houston: We're back, b****!"

I kid, I kid... sort of. :)

You mean Bubba, the neon roach from Holders Pest Control on the Southwest Freeway? I agree! Bring him back!! If there were ever a perfect Houston mascot, that would be it.

Well Lucky Strike will be awesome as long as the mgmt has a good maint. policy unlike Jillians (and the whole marquee for that matter).

I wouldn't be expecting ANY Gap Inc stores to be announced considering Gap has started closing houston stores due to poor sales (Highland Village, West Oaks Mall etc,.) and with their latest concept Forth & Towne getting the axe. Limited Inc stores are a possibility but that's nothing too exciting. A&F Inc stores are doubtful also. They've stopped building A&F, started converting abercrombie kids to Hollisters, building a Ruehl in the Galleria and have a new brand, Gilly Hicks that gets debuted next year. H&M would be awesome and it may be lip service but I contacted them about a Houston location and they said they were presently "looking for the perfect Houston location for Texas' 1st Store"... so maybe??

im soo happy that Forth & Towne is done ahahaha .... i see that space being a new kikass store (original penguin/ juicy couture) A&F Co. is building a store in Deerbrook, it will be pure sex if they build a Flagship in Houston Pavillions the one in NewYork is Craziee ! .. i think H&M is gonna land 1st in the Galleria before H.P.

I don't know if anyone has ever been to a Lucky Strike bowling alley, but I was visiting friends in LA this past week and I made a stop by the Lucky Strike in Hollywood. That bowling alley was bad@ss--light years beyond Jillian's.

One drawback was, at least in my opinion, bowling was something like $100 an hour or something completely ridiculous. Of course, this was in LA, so it may not be half as bad here. Anyways, if the Lucky Strike is anything like the one in LA, we should be pretty excited to have one downtown.

I don't know if anyone has ever been to a Lucky Strike bowling alley, but I was visiting friends in LA this past week and I made a stop by the Lucky Strike in Hollywood. That bowling alley was bad@ss--light years beyond Jillian's.

One drawback was, at least in my opinion, bowling was something like $100 an hour or something completely ridiculous. Of course, this was in LA, so it may not be half as bad here. Anyways, if the Lucky Strike is anything like the one in LA, we should be pretty excited to have one downtown.

Except that I won't be able to afford to bowl there. Wow, that's crazy.

$100 per hour seems a bit too high. According to a website I saw, the one in Las Vegas charges "$4.95 - $7.95 per game and from $55 - $75 per hour. Shoe rental is $3.95." The prices were a little lower for the Philidelphia location. I am sure Houston won't be this expensive either. I for one am really looking forward to bowling there... I think it will be a lot of fun and something different to do. Regular bowling alleys are fun to go to sometimes... but they are just so... well... they are just so bowling alleyish. he he

$100 per hour seems a bit too high. According to a website I saw, the one in Las Vegas charges "$4.95 - $7.95 per game and from $55 - $75 per hour. Shoe rental is $3.95." The prices were a little lower for the Philidelphia location. I am sure Houston won't be this expensive either. I for one am really looking forward to bowling there... I think it will be a lot of fun and something different to do. Regular bowling alleys are fun to go to sometimes... but they are just so... well... they are just so bowling alleyish. he he

They had a lucky strike near me in DC. As some have pointed out, Lucky Strike is not a conventional bowling alley and it is very expensive compared to a conventional bowling alley. Thus, if you're looking for an AMC lanes downtown, this is not it. It's more a cocktail lounge with bowling.

They had a lucky strike near me in DC. As some have pointed out, Lucky Strike is not a conventional bowling alley and it is very expensive compared to a conventional bowling alley. Thus, if you're looking for an AMC lanes downtown, this is not it. It's more a cocktail lounge with bowling.

Yea, my friends in Philly have been to the one up there and they said that while it is a bit expensive, it's well worth it. They said it's definitely not your typical bowling alley.

its got a fricking dress code?! lol! move that crap to pretentious mid-town or the suburbs where everyone dresses the same anyway. it's a BOWLING ALLEY no matter how you dress it up.

Any dress code people in Downtown or Midtown (or any urban area) follow is NOTHING like the dress code they follow in the suburbs! :lol: I think the point of the dress code at this bowling alley is to keep things looking more urban, and LESS suburban. B)

Any dress code people in Downtown or Midtown (or any urban area) follow is NOTHING like the dress code they follow in the suburbs! :lol: I think the point of the dress code at this bowling alley is to keep things looking more urban, and LESS suburban. B)

i never said they were the same. my point was that in mid-town (at places with dress codes) everyone dresses the same. as in the way everyone in the suburbs dresses like each other.The suburbs have an "unwritten" dress code. The whole reason for any kind of dress code comes out of fear of losing control over their clientele which shows insecurity in a product. Thats only my opinion, i hate places with dress codes. I'm not a sheep and don't need to be "herded".

Edited by joshuajbp

i never said they were the same. my point was that in mid-town (at places with dress codes) everyone dresses the same. as in the way everyone in the suburbs dresses like each other.The suburbs have an "unwritten" dress code. The whole reason for any kind of dress code comes out of fear of losing control over their clientele which shows insecurity in a product. Thats only my opinion, i hate places with dress codes. I'm not a sheep and don't need to be "herded".

I don't know... when I hear "dress code"... I just think that they want people to actually put thought into what they are wearing... they don't just want people to roll off the couch and put on an oversized nascar tshirt and dirty jeans. People who do that can bowl at any of the wonderful bowling alleys scattered across rural Texas. I don't see "dress code" as people dressing the same... I see it as people actually "dressing". I personally see more diversity in the way people dress when I go to more upscale places with dress codes as opposed to the local rodeo where everyone has big belt buckles and cowboy hats on. :lol: Just my opinion of course. B)

Ever since the condominium proposal was axed it's been hard for me to get excited about Houston Pavilions. Minus the condos what's so special about the Pavilions? As a consumer what about the Pavilions would drive me away from Bayou Place or the shops at Houston Center? Is the office space anymore preferable than the other office spaces available in Downtown? What am I missing?

Why do you feel like it has to have a condo building anyway ? the galleria doesn't have a condo building connected to it. The pavilions is probably one of the largest high end retail projects/malls that this town has seen (actually going up/ not just announced) in a long time. I see Bayou Place as an alternative project with good concepts like Rocbar (sp.) . With more places to go and things to do that will be a a good situation for downtown to have and offer people, and with each on 2 different sides of downtown. Well as far as the new office building above Pavilions being neat...maybe it isn't neat to you, but it is going to be brand new and that in of itself might be very desirable to companies. You tell us what are you missing ? What is so great about glorified air-space anyway to you on a personal level ? I believe that the condos that you are talking about were going to be rental units anyway ? Eventually, it will be good to hear about more and more things to do instead of complaining about less. Sorry, but i don't get how having more to do downtown is a bad thing for you anyway.

Edited by what

Why do you feel like it has to have a condo building anyway ? the galleria doesn't have a condo building connected to it. The pavilions is probably one of the largest high end retail projects/malls that this town has seen (actually going up/ not just announced) in a long time. I see Bayou Place as an alternative project with good concepts like Rocbar (sp.) . With more places to go and things to do that will be a a good situation for downtown to have and offer people, and with each on 2 different sides of downtown. Well as far as the new office building above Pavilions being neat...maybe it isn't neat to you, but it is going to be brand new and that in of itself might be very desirable to companies. You tell us what are you missing ? What is so great about glorified air-space anyway to you on a personal level ? I believe that the condos that you are talking about were going to be rental units anyway ? Eventually, it will be good to hear about more and more things to do instead of complaining about less. Sorry, but i don't get how having more to do downtown is a bad thing for you anyway.

Huh? Who's complaining? I choose my words very carefully so please don't misquote me. I just want to know what all the hoopla is about. 22hundred posts and over 100K views later and we basically have a new medium rise office tower. Don't get me wrong I love office towers; I just don't know why this one is so special. If the first floor of the Pavilions was a flagship whole foods market for example then I could see the Pavilions as something to get excited about as that would be the catalyst to bigger things like, more living in Downtown as opposed to commuting.

ummm... first downtown upscale or any scale bowling (almost spelled that blowing ... :lol: ) ... ahem.... let's get back to da stuff. Houston Pavilions is going to be bigger by scale and I think by volume than Denver Pavilions. Go check out how well that DP is doing, and picture Houston doing it bigger and better. At any rate, Discovery Park, Discovery Green (new office tower and I feel I had to restate this) and One Park Tower going up very soon, excluding Houston Pavilions and a host of other new highrise skyscrapers, I would say (like the New York Times indicated), can we mention "BOOM" again in Houston? Of course, our biggies said "Let's don't go there ..." grinning and Houston Proud. B)

Also, Bayou Place is rocking! Don't believe me??? Been there, done that.