GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

no, i can see that but also saw a phrase new construction in one article. doesn't the garage exist already and they are just leasing it? either way they are doing three blocks with aerial attachments above fannin and sanjac and one to the garage.

I don't think I saw anything about 4 blocks of new construction, but you are correct: Whatever "they" intended by that four block reference (and I don't even know who said it), the project is as you say. And yes, they have a long-term master lease on the parking garage and it will be attached by skywalk.

Edited by Houston19514

Requests for stores like these just illustrate Houston's insecurity that so many have. It's as if these chains somehow would make Houston legit.

Instead of wanting something unique we crave chains.

I don't really see us developing our own unique music megastore, so I'll take Virgin. Same goes for Niketown and ESPNZone - cool places all.

Has there been any announcements on a big-name sports bar there like Fox Sports Grill in the Galleria? I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA or ESPN announce a location there soon. That'd be awesome :)

That would definitely make sense since it's going to be so close to the stadiums... particularly the Toyota Center. I am looking forward to hearing what other tenants will be coming to HP... and what other developments will be going up downtown. All along we kept hearing that to get people downtown you need retail... but to get retail you need people... one had to come first (chicken or the egg).... well, we got our chicken! ha ha

It is my understanding that the eastern-most lot will house the House of Blues. It's always appeared that the House of Blues was kinda doing their own thing with regards to design so maybe it makes sense that that is where construction is starting...

Yea... according to the renderings, House of Blues will be on the eastern-most side... probably on the northeast corner.

Will we be getting some moving HDTV's?

That'd be cool but i wouldn't count on it. Denver Pavilions doesn't have them.

I think that a place in the new downtown Park would be cool for a large TV or jumbotron. So we don't hi-jack this thread, it can be discussed here.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=6331

That would definitely make sense since it's going to be so close to the stadiums... particularly the Toyota Center. I am looking forward to hearing what other tenants will be coming to HP... and what other developments will be going up downtown. All along we kept hearing that to get people downtown you need retail... but to get retail you need people... one had to come first (chicken or the egg).... well, we got our chicken! ha ha

Why don't you contact the sport bars you'd like to see at the Pavilions and suggest they open a location and give them your reasonings. They may not be aware of the upcoming Pavilions and it's location in relation to the arenas / stadiums.

I dunno, those bars might already like their locations at its stands. The B.U.S. by MMP does great business on game nights, especially on weekends.

concur. HP should have its own UNIQUE things otherwise people wouldn't be inclined to go.

Imagine where we would be if the Pavilions was built before the Galleria--all that development might be downtown. C'est lavi. Whatever the case, I am just happy that I will finally be able to go to a mall and not have to deal with all the Galleria madness.

I asked this question a few pages back, and got no replies. However, a few people have touched on it. From looking at the list of tenants, it doesn't look like they are anywhere near full-occupancy. Does any one have any idea at what rate they are at? Not the exact numbers necessarily, but what sort of availability is there for new stores joining the fold?

Imagine where we would be if the Pavilions was built before the Galleria--all that development might be downtown. C'est lavi. Whatever the case, I am just happy that I will finally be able to go to a mall and not have to deal with all the Galleria madness.

I asked this question a few pages back, and got no replies. However, a few people have touched on it. From looking at the list of tenants, it doesn't look like they are anywhere near full-occupancy. Does any one have any idea at what rate they are at? Not the exact numbers necessarily, but what sort of availability is there for new stores joining the fold?

See post #2093. In summary, it looks like nearly half of the total space is still available. LOTS of room for many small and versatile shops.

I'm pretty sure they're not even at half-occupancy yet (that's a guess, not from any officials). They're still in a good position though because there's already some dynamic names announced there, and between now and opening day, I'm sure we're going to hear more store and restaurant announcements to help build up the Pavillions PR. I wonder what their office-space occupancy is though, because I haven't heard any mention of it.

Also, it was mentioned in the Chronicle that the reason why Pavillions excluded residential retail was because it was going to cost much more for more parking spaces to accomodate. Smart move, but what are the odds of another block one day being added to Pavillions for residential?

I would not call it a mall, more like an entertainment district, like Pleasure Island in Orlando, or at most a lifestyle center.

A mall this is not. :mellow:

I think half filled.

Also, it was mentioned in the Chronicle that the reason why Pavillions excluded residential retail was because it was going to cost much more for more parking spaces to accomodate. Smart move, but what are the odds of another block one day being added to Pavillions for residential?

Do to the lack of parking you mentioned they'd have to incorporate it into the developed block.

I would not call it a mall, more like an entertainment district, like Pleasure Island in Orlando, or at most a lifestyle center.

A mall this is not. :mellow:

"Lifestyle center"? Please. Call it whatever you want, but lets not get carried away.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)