GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

when the president of the development company said the list was not update, you have to give his statement some merit. tomorrow's groundbreaking will end the speculation.

What all do they normally do at a groundbreaking? Will they announce all the tennants or are there still some spaces to be filled?

That said, the tenants do seem a little specific as far a 20-30 screen theater. Denver's is 15 isn't it. Plus is a local in the list such as Yao's.

Yeah Denver's is only 15, so maybe the movie theatre did make the list.

I'd say Niketown, Movie Theater, Barnes/Noble, Virgin MegaStore, and ESPN Zone!!!

Oh yeah! I forgot about Vigin Records and ESPN Zone. I hope they make it too!

After looking over that list more closely and comparing it to the current tenant list at Denver Pavilions, I think it is pretty clearly a combo list of tenants who are currently in the Denver Pavilions and tenants who have signed leased for Houston Pavilions. Some tenants are in both categories. Perhaps others to be announced are on the list and are currently in Denver Pavilions. But I would not expect all of the businesses on that list to end up in Houston Pavilions. Personally, I would be very surprised, for example, if we see either Corner Bakery of Hard Rock Cafe in Houston Pavilions. But of course, one never knows (at least until tomorrow)...

I would love for them to announce a new hotel as one of the anchors they are supposed to be announcing tomorrow...

After looking over that list more closely and comparing it to the current tenant list at Denver Pavilions, I think it is pretty clearly a combo list of tenants who are currently in the Denver Pavilions and tenants who have signed leased for Houston Pavilions. Some tenants are in both categories. Perhaps others to be announced are on the list and are currently in Denver Pavilions. But I would not expect all of the businesses on that list to end up in Houston Pavilions. Personally, I would be very surprised, for example, if we see either Corner Bakery of Hard Rock Cafe in Houston Pavilions. But of course, one never knows (at least until tomorrow)...

I would love for them to announce a new hotel as one of the anchors they are supposed to be announcing tomorrow...

That's why i hope they don't waste good space by putting in the same tennants we already have. Seriously, if they put another Red Cat Jazz cafe or a Corner Bakery, i'm gonna be sick to my stomach. We need more variety, something we don't have down there already: Barnes and Noble, NikeTown, ESPN zone, Virgin Megastore, or Movie Theater. PLease, Please, PLease lets not waste this thing on things they have a block away. I thought the idea was to bring in more exclusives to downtown.

It won't help bring people downtown if we're rebuilding the same Main Street we already have all over again.

Edited by C2H

People , people. Let's just wait until tommorow before we start pulling our hair out! I seriously doubt they're going to put another Corner Bakery in the Pavilions. If we get a movie theater, that will have me at least 60% happy. I'm with some others, i do want to see more big name tennants like NikeTown, ESPN zone, and Virgin Megastore. A bookstore would be good as well.

I also like Houston19514 idea of a hotel to replace the condo concept.

groundbreaking ceremony 10:30am today!

Yes!!! I saw the tent up this morning, complete with the "Houston Pavilions" sign and logo!

Actually, I must admit that I am more eager to hear what the new anchors will be--but I am still excited about the "official" turning of dirt. I saw the Caroline lot tore up last night, too on my way to that excuse of a game the Rockets played.

Edited by GovernorAggie

You stole my thunder. They had some clean cut dude holding a mike and looking "really" serious and stoic, but you could tell that deep inside, he couldn't wait to throw on some bowling shoes and hit Lucky Strike when it opens up.

;)

it was the new guy eric james who knows nothing about houston so his stories tend to sound serious.