GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Is that list for real, or just a fantasy?

I kinda think it might be a combination of real, signed tenants, and a listing of retailers that represent the type of additional tenants they plan to have. For example, I'd be very surprised to see Corner Bakery either move, or open a second location that close to their location 2 blocks up Main Street.

Red Cat is supposed to open a location in HP while keeping their original open, though. We'll see how well that works out.

Good point, and that was a surprising announcement as well. (But it's also fair to point out that the original Red Cat is at least 3-4 times further away from HP than is the original Corner Bakery.)

i kinda think adding another Corner Bakery Cafe in the Pavilions is a waste of good space. Bring on somethin' new like an ESPN zone or something else. Same goes with the Red Cat Jazz Cafe. We don't need the HP project being a repeat of what Main Street already got. Next we're going to here about new CVSs lining up HP. Ewwww!

Red Cat is supposed to open a location in HP while keeping their original open, though. We'll see how well that works out.

red cat is surprising b/c several of their employees come into warren's to complain about the mgmt there. evidently things don't go smoothly.

I have mixed feeling about HRC moving to HP. I would like their present location to thrive, especially in conjunction with the Venue that is there and I think it will get more busines once more office and maybe residential spaces are taken up.

So far, there are surveyors running all over the property and they seem to be building some sort of office with a concrete slab.

As far as equipment being on there, the only thing there is a hoe. :)

i think the announcement of new anchor stores will be underwhelming for haifers who've been following this thread.

i will be a little surprised if it includes clothing stores.

The Pavilions' website is not up-to-date, so there is no reason to assume that Haifer's know anything not already released.

In my opinion, "Anchor" implies a major tenant, and waiting to announce there will be a "Gap" would be anti-climactic.

Edited by bkjones98

The Pavilions' website is not up-to-date, so there is no reason to assume that Haifer's know anything not already released.

In my opinion, "Anchor" implies a major tenant, and waiting to announce there will be a "Gap" would be anti-climactic.

haifers are aware of what anchors this development company has a current relationship with. readers of HBJ or the chronicle may not be.

let me be more specific. haifers who have investigated the developers of HP may be underwhelmed at the announcement.

haifers are aware of what anchors this development company has a current relationship with. readers of HBJ or the chronicle may not be.

let me be more specific. haifers who have investigated the developers of HP may be underwhelmed at the announcement.

Listen kid, you can forgo the condescension and pretentious attitude.

As far as the key tenants, I do not tink those are guaranteed for the Pavilions. Those are just some of the tenants that usually make their way to pavilion projects. The one in Denver does not even have all those tenants I believe. Plus, with the announcements that have been made as far as who have signed with the project, do you all really believe all of those stores listed as key tenants can fit with what has already been released in 350,000 square feet of retail. House of Blues alone is over 40,000 square feet correct?

As far as the key tenants, I do not tink those are guaranteed for the Pavilions. Those are just some of the tenants that usually make their way to pavilion projects. The one in Denver does not even have all those tenants I believe. Plus, with the announcements that have been made as far as who have signed with the project, do you all really believe all of those stores listed as key tenants can fit with what has already been released in 350,000 square feet of retail. House of Blues alone is over 40,000 square feet correct?

Relax. The list is fairly accurate.

Relax? I'm just curious.

With HOB, Lucky Strike Lanes, Yaos, Red Cat, Antica Osteria, McCormick & Schmick's, Tuscany, and Lawry's already announced, I thought these tenants would take up a lot of space alone. With Lucky and HOB taking up about 65,000 square feet by themselves, I am pretty sure these are some of the largest tenants and maybe a bookstore, I would be surprised if that list of other tenants would fit with what has already been announced. After looking at the Denver layout, some stores look a little claustrophobic, so I guess it can work after all.

Relax. The list is fairly accurate.

I don't know, WesternGulf might have a point. That list was only a list of possible tennants, not ones that will be actually filling the space. The ones i'm really hoping that will still make the list are: Niketown, Movie Theater, Forever 21, and Barnes/Nobile.

But i wouldn't expect all those tennants to be in there. It's just too many for the amount of space available.

I don't know, WesternGulf might have a point. That list was only a list of possible tennants, not ones that will be actually filling the space. The ones i'm really hoping that will still make the list are: Niketown, Movie Theater, Forever 21, and Barnes/Nobile.

But i wouldn't expect all those tennants to be in there. It's just too many for the amount of space available.

I'd say Niketown, Movie Theater, Barnes/Noble, Virgin MegaStore, and ESPN Zone!!!

That said, the tenants do seem a little specific as far a 20-30 screen theater. Denver's is 15 isn't it. Plus is a local in the list such as Yao's.

The main point is that we'll be able to spend hours nitpicking the tenants and their clientelle, which is better than spending hours arguing over whether the project is even going to get off the ground.

Wee!

That said, I tend to believe as WG believes that not all tenants listed will actually come to be. Most of them? Sure. All of them... not quite as confident. For example, does Hard Rock Cafe really want to move? Possible but not sure.

And I'm also a little concerned about Red Cat's ability to support two locations downtown. Sure, the RC is one of the few places DT that has good business 7 days a week but even so, two locations less than a mile apart seems like a stretch to me.

And I think the big contributors to the development WILL BE the bookstores, music stores and specialty shops.

That said, I tend to believe as WG believes that not all tenants listed will actually come to be. Most of them? Sure. All of them... not quite as confident. For example, does Hard Rock Cafe really want to move? Possible but not sure.

when the president of the development company said the list was not updated, you have to give his statement some merit. tomorrow's groundbreaking will end the speculation.

Edited by musicman