GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

OH MY GOD! I really think this is the tenants for Houston Pavilions, at lease I hope it is. I've checked Denver Pavilions web site. They don't have a 20-30 screen theater, it's only 15 screens. I'm guessing they decided to built a Multi-Use Cinema Complex to make up for the residental. So, pretty much this is a dream come true for downtown Houston!

KEY TENANTS...

HOUSE OF BLUES

UNITED ARTIST 20-30 SCREENS (THEY HEARD MY PRAYERS)

LUCKY STRIKE

COYOTE UGLY

HARD ROCK CAFE

YAO'S

MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY

CORNER BAKERY

MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB

VIRGIN MEGA STORE

BARNES AND NOBLE

BANNANA REPUBLIC

GAP/BABY GAP

ANN TAYLOR

EXPRESS

VICTORIA'S SECRET

NIKETOWN

FOREVER 21

BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES

BCBG

Edited by houstonsemipro

with the way the record industry is selling cds and the downtown population, it really surprises me that virgin megastore is on the list for houston at that location.

True but keep in mind the New Orleans Megastore never reopned after Katrina. This could be like a "replacement" location. I figure it won't be any bigger than the old NOLA location if it does indeed get built in Houston.

True but keep in mind the New Orleans Megastore never reopned after Katrina. This could be like a "replacement" location. I figure it won't be any bigger than the old NOLA location if it does indeed get built in Houston.

for me personally..i would like it. the size of the nola location was fine to me.

OH MY GOD! I really think this is the tenants for Houston Pavilions, at lease I hope it is. I've checked Denver Pavilions web site. They don't have a 20-30 screen theater, it's only 15 screens. I'm guessing they decided to built a Multi-Use Cinema Complex to make up for the residental. So, pretty much this is a dream come true for downtown Houston!

KEY TENANTS...

HOUSE OF BLUES

LUCKY STRIKE

COYOTE UGLY

HARD ROCK CAFE

YAO'S

MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY

CORNER BAKERY

MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB

VIRGIN MEGA STORE

BARNES AND NOBLE

BANNANA REPUBLIC

GAP/BABY GAP

ANN TAYLOR

EXPRESS

VICTORIA'S SECRET

NIKETOWN

FOREVER 21

BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES

BCBG

If this is really the list, then...then....then...I can't even say anything! This would be simply amazing and would go to changing downtown's image even more than we thought! Look how many first-time/one location names--Niketown, Lawry's, Virgin Mega Store, Coyote Ugly, Lucky Strike, and House of Blues! Mix that with retailers people already know and love--Barnes and Noble, Victoria's Secret, Maggiano's, and Yao's--and you have something that could almost make Houstonians rethink downtown--overnight (which seems to be Houston's M.O....nothing, nothing, nothing, then BAM--something, a whole lotta something).

KEY TENANTS...

HOUSE OF BLUES

LUCKY STRIKE

COYOTE UGLY

HARD ROCK CAFE

YAO'S

MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY

CORNER BAKERY

MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB

VIRGIN MEGA STORE

BARNES AND NOBLE

BANNANA REPUBLIC

GAP/BABY GAP

ANN TAYLOR

EXPRESS

VICTORIA'S SECRET

NIKETOWN

FOREVER 21

BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES

BCBG

All i gotta say is... WOW! That will mean a whole new downtown Houston.

Semipro, thanks for that list because the link wasn't showing up on my computer. Are you sure you didn't add anything to the list yourself just to play with my emotions? :blush:

KEY TENANTS...

HOUSE OF BLUES

LUCKY STRIKE

COYOTE UGLY

HARD ROCK CAFE

YAO'S

MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY

CORNER BAKERY

MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB

VIRGIN MEGA STORE

BARNES AND NOBLE

BANNANA REPUBLIC

GAP/BABY GAP

ANN TAYLOR

EXPRESS

VICTORIA'S SECRET

NIKETOWN

FOREVER 21

BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES

BCBG

Imagine... all of this... PLUS.... American Apparel and any other retail stores that open on Main Street, The Park Tower w/ street-level retail and Discovery Green... all new to Downtown by late 2008... well, the Park Tower will be later, but not too much later. :blink::D

i emailed the contact person regarding what stores will be in Houston. Here's the response.

The website has to be updated. We have fallen behind, since we were busy closing on $170 million in financing last week. Construction is underway, with our formal groundbreaking on Tuesday, the 27th. If you are interested, I assume you can see the event on television that night, or the Chronicle the next day. We will update the web site soon. Thank you for your interest in Houston Pavilions.

William E. Denton, President.

Entertainment Development Group, Inc.

i emailed the contact person regarding what stores will be in Houston. Here's the response.

The website has to be updated. We have fallen behind, since we were busy closing on $170 million in financing last week. Construction is underway, with our formal groundbreaking on Tuesday, the 27th. If you are interested, I assume you can see the event on television that night, or the Chronicle the next day. We will update the web site soon. Thank you for your interest in Houston Pavilions.

William E. Denton, President.

Entertainment Development Group, Inc.

very nice. Interesting that the president is the contact person.

KEY TENANTS...

HOUSE OF BLUES

LUCKY STRIKE

COYOTE UGLY

HARD ROCK CAFE

YAO'S

MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY

CORNER BAKERY

MCCORMICK & SCHMICKS

LAWRY'S PRIME RIB

VIRGIN MEGA STORE

BARNES AND NOBLE

BANNANA REPUBLIC

GAP/BABY GAP

ANN TAYLOR

EXPRESS

VICTORIA'S SECRET

NIKETOWN

FOREVER 21

BRIGHTON COLLECTABLES

BCBG

Wow! Could we have hand-picked a better representation of national name tenants? This will be huge for downtown!

Wow, I never realized how close this is to the Toyota Center, Discovery Green, the new Finger Building, and the Hilton!!! I think the ground floor retail on the Houston Center is going to do a lot better because of this project. Hopefully they compliment one another. It would be awesome if a few more residential projects sprout up on the empty lots around MMP and the Toyota Center. I would love to see those 4 empty blocks on Maint Street, just south of the HP project also turned into some sort of mix-use development.

Seems like that Italian restaurant will be in a nice prime location once Pavilions is done.

Exactly, this will be good for all of downtown businesses. Joesephine's has pretty good food, but a lot of people don't know about it because of it's location. I won't be able to recognize downtown Houston 5 years from now.

Seems like that Italian restaurant will be in a nice prime location once Pavilions is done.

You've never eaten at Josephine's'? Pretty good Italian food, but definitely a downtown favorite.

Parking is going to be a premium downtown after these lots are gone. This will be both a blessing and a curse--at least, a curse for those of us downtown.

Edited by bkjones98