GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Told yall. This is Shamrock Towers all over again. Groundbreaking pushed back. Then pushed back AGAIN. Then pushed back ridiculously further. Then indefinitely. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna laugh when the date construction was pushed back to rolls around and they say "oh, we had to push the date back again." :lol:

Or even funnier, when they take a page out of shamrocks book and put up "construction fences" around the site to go with the port-o-potty. :lol:

Told yall. This is Shamrock Towers all over again. Groundbreaking pushed back. Then pushed back AGAIN. Then pushed back ridiculously further. Then indefinitely. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna laugh when the date construction was pushed back to rolls around and they say "oh, we had to push the date back again." :lol:

Or even funnier, when they take a page out of shamrocks book and put up "construction fences" around the site to go with the port-o-potty. :lol:

Projects like this are a major boost for our home town. We should celebrate the ones that move forward and make Houston a better place for all of us. It is a loss we all share when the projects don't move forward.

Ok to add some additional fuel to the rumor mill on the Pavilions. At my company Christmas party the husband of the Accouting Manager works for ??? don't have the name but could get it that constructs a good percentage of all high rise construction in Houston. He is currently working on another project downtown that is just getting started but he knew of the Pavilions really well and said so and so from his company had just gotten assigned the project and construction would start end of January or early February.

So in conclusion the Construction Superintendent has been assigned apparently and construction end of January or early February.

Scharpe St Guy

Not denying, rejoicing.

Not denying, rejoicing.

77017, lets try saying, It will happen, It will happen, It will happen. Houston needs all the positive energy it can get right now.

Are you houstonsemipro's alias?

This is a little off-topic, but relevant enough. I didn't want to start a brand new thread just for this question.

But don't you guys think that in a way, Houston only does first-class projects?

Maybe I'm phrasing it wrong or something. But this is what I'm thinking. It just seems like a lot of the things going up in downtown or uptown are expensive things. What about ordinary every day things like some simple sandwhich shop?

I don't know, I'm probably out of my mind or something. And to tell you the truth, I don't visit downtown on a regular basis.

Are these things present? Or is everything expensive?

I was just thinking that they should make plans that cater to normal middle class people too.

^^ every time i go downtown i go to the Popeye's and grab me some quick food

I guess I'm talking about small local business owners. Not chains. I'm not saying everything is like that. But I've looked at some of the new resaurants that are going in and they sound expensive. I'm probably wrong.

I guess I'm talking about small local business owners. Not chains. I'm not saying everything is like that. But I've looked at some of the new resaurants that are going in and they sound expensive. I'm probably wrong.

No, the Houston Pavilions will be more upscale retail and restaurants. You won't be finding a Wendy's or a Taco Bell; however, you will be seeing Lucky Strike (cool bowling), House of Blues, and lots of restaurants that are trendy and some chains but not all. Downtown property values are such that upscale works best. Houston Pavilions is coming. 2007, I think, will be Houston's year to show off lots of new highrises, restaurants and downtown fun spots. Hey, we may break ground for the University Line. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
That site says that groundbreaking was scheduled for November of '06...it never officially says that ground was ever broken on the project.

Yeah, I saw that. The wording was really awkward. I just felt like it was from a credible source, Mcgraw-Hill.

I'm sure the article was written sometime before November or whenever groundbreaking was slated. It definitely isn't from the last couple of months, the title is misleading.

If you scroll to the top of the screen, it shows that it comes from their December 2006 news section.

Beats me...it doesn't really make sense that the article was written for December...yet it says "ground breaking was scheduled for early November." You think they would be able to know whether or not they started construction if the article was written a month after scheduled start time.

• Like 1

Beats me...it doesn't really make sense that the article was written for December...yet it says "ground breaking was scheduled for early November." You think they would be able to know whether or not they started construction if the article was written a month after scheduled start time.

I know, that's why I said the wording was awkward. Weird, huh? I hope it's true, but I'm still a little skeptical if it really happened. Houstonpavilions.com didn't say anything about a groundbreaking, and I googled news for houston pavilions and came up with nothing there as well.

I know, that's why I said the wording was awkward. Weird, huh? I hope it's true, but I'm still a little skeptical if it really happened. Houstonpavilions.com didn't say anything about a groundbreaking, and I googled news for houston pavilions and came up with nothing there as well.

Well, I'm scheduled to be by the area tomorrow, so I'll let you know, but since I was by it a week or so ago, I could have sworn I saw some more equipment on the block where I took a pic of that porta-potty.

i didn't even know where this was going to be until last nite... i've gone by the site several times, the ground is broken in that the parking lots are no longer parking lots, but not much else has happened.

this is right across Polk from South Texas, 1301 Fannin (ExxonMobil) and a parking garage... I'll go by again pretty soon to go to lunch with my XOM buddies... I don't think this will happen anywhere near 'on-time' and i don't even know what the schedule is.