GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I've been to one Virgin Megastore in New Orleans in the French Quarter. It was pretty cool. They had three floors of music of anything you can think of. Before Amazon and other places on the internet, I used to go there for CDs I couldn't get anywhere else. That was just my experience at that particular store.

As for the Pavilons, I just hope it turns out better than Bayou Place. I also hope the project completes itself with the office and residences without stopping at the retail.

Why a Virgin Megastore? I been to one, and it don't have nothing inside. It's just has a nice flashy sign on the outside. I'd rather a FYE then Virgin.

virgin is more exclusive and when i lived in san fran, it was a million steps up from the suburban mall store fye. may i ask which virgin did you visit? fye can be found anywhere, mostly in the suburbs. virgin is cool because they never fail to locate in an urban location, for the most part, and the designs of the store give true character to the streets at groundlevel. trust me, you wouldn't be disappointed. the ones in miami and chicago are pretty cool too.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that the sign advertising these three blocks is still up. I would put this in the wait-and-see column. From our experience with the Shamrock we know that developers can throw out dates and assurances as easy as anyone else can. It doesn't mean they're worth anything.

• Like 1

That one is called Pavilion at Post oak. This one is called Houston pavilions. Reading the thread would have shed light on this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...I have a little info to chime in on....

I usually post at Clutchfans.net. Great site, I'm from New York and it has helped me miss my Knicks less and less and now love the Rockets now more and more. Yesterday I chimed in on a rail spurring development debate with a little info I knew. I got called out for it by someone here, I will not mention who out of respect....

So since "spilt" this info, I might as well share it with you guys. Take it how you want it...every one of the 15,000 posters at CF.net knows me as a reliable source who is rarely wrong. I have already one scoop to my name here at HAIF as I found out about the redevelopement plans of Northwest Mall and it tying into a proposed Soccer Stadium for an MLS team, most likely to be owned by Mexico's Televisia, owner of Club America. But I assume few noticed that as it generated few replies...I guess no one likes soccer here. :D

I was planning on holding out with this info BELOW until I got more facts to back up what I say as this "my relative is..." source is shaky at best for most to believe. But with me getting 'called out" yesterday, I decided to hold out no more, here it is....

THE INFO: Virgin is coming to Houston. My Cousin is a top ranking manager at the Times Square Store. Sometimes, they have her and other managers travel to stores under construction to help prep new staff with the day to day operations of the business. She has alerted me that she is coming to Houston soon, no timetable has been set. The facts I need to garner is where in Houston. The location is not %100 official but they have scouted downtown and the Galleria. Of Downtown, she said there location would not be stand alone in downtown, rather be incorporated into a new mixed use development, which is a staple of Virgin stores. This leads me to believe that Virgin is looking to be apart of this Pavillions project, the only mixed us project with space downtown. She said she will provide me with more info as it comes in....

Again, take it for what its worth....if you dont believe me, that's fine. I can understand why. Just know this...when it happens, who know who said it.

• Like 1

No Probs.

One more thing to add....I was on Main at Grass hopper saturday night. Before I went there, I decided to walk the street. Its has a great atmosphere. I feel within a few years it will rival that of the French Quarter as more and more clubs are coming to Main.

While walking around downtown, I passed by the proposed Shamerock site, which still has activity of some sort. I dont know what's going on but "soil samples" can not take this long. I am convinced the delay for this project is due to the redesign, which was due to its new sight restrictions. Any major overhaul of project will delay it as floor plans, HVAC, Electrical, lighting, plumbing etc would all have to be redrawn. Shamerock was literally sliced in half, juging by the newest rendering. Furthermore, if the 'we've sold %60" thing is ture, this has to be a go because they sold these before the design revision, which probably sliced half of its square footage. With this design revision, that figure is probably at %85-90 percent, beased on the amount of vacant space lost in the revision. ut then again, they might have had to resell the project to those who bought already, as this revision could have reduced the square footages in the dwellings they had bought....which could also lead to a delay.

In any case, "the Sham" to me is not dead by a long shot.....