GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Bon Appetite !!

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories...23/daily17.html

New restaurant tenants at the Pavilions include:

* Lawry's, The Prime Rib: The restaurant will feature prime rib specialties in what will be its first location in the Houston area and only its fifth location in the U.S.

* Tuscany: The old world gourmet coffee shop's third Houston location is headed for the Pavilions.

* Yao's Restaurant and Bar: The second Houston location for the sports-themed restaurant, owned by the family of Houston Rockets superstar Yao Ming.

* Antica Osteria: One of the most popular Italian restaurants in the city, will serve northern and southern Italian delicacies that its loyal patrons have enjoyed in the restaurant's existing location on Bissonnet for years.

* Red Cat Jazz Cafe: Already one of the top live music venues in Houston, Red Cat Jazz Cafe will feature soulful blues and cool jazz with its Creole and southern cuisine at its second downtown location.

* McCormick & Schmick's: The Pavilions will be the second Houston location for this nationwide seafood restaurant.

That's sounds like a lot of space. Hopefully they will have a decent amount of room for soft goods retail.

Edited by WesternGulf

yea i hope that they start buildng more shopping and stores to shop off main to acomodate this pavilon thing once it opens and kind of turn it into like a 16th strt like mall in Denver does anyone know if the pavilon in denver mushrooomed the deveopment off 16th street mall because the way i see it houston has way more comming to help the pavilions in houston more than denver like the downtown park & park tower.

yea i hope that they start buildng more shopping and stores to shop off main to acomodate this pavilon thing once it opens and kind of turn it into like a 16th strt like mall in Denver does anyone know if the pavilon in denver mushrooomed the deveopment off 16th street mall because the way i see it houston has way more comming to help the pavilions in houston more than denver like the downtown park & park tower.

i think you need your own track to do all that runnin' on!

Just a thought (spawned by this morning's rain), if HP is going to be an open-air type of deal with a central walkway and so forth, I wonder if they'll include in its design an overhang that will sort of shelter people from the elements while they're out. It certainly would make the project more appealing year round. This is Houston of course; when it rains, it's usually a pretty good shower.

Again, just a thought.

Just a thought (spawned by this morning's rain), if HP is going to be an open-air type of deal with a central walkway and so forth, I wonder if they'll include in its design an overhang that will sort of shelter people from the elements while they're out. It certainly would make the project more appealing year round. This is Houston of course; when it rains, it's usually a pretty good shower.

Again, just a thought.

I don't know how they'd work out the on-ground retail, but I wouldn't expect any overhead. They'll probably be just as opened as Rice Village's retail. But all the buildings will be connected with circular sky-tunnels, so if you were inside one building, you could just walk to the other without worrying about the elements. But the idea is to be open-air, I presume.

Again, just a thought.

A close inspection of the renderings shows virtually all of the walkways have overhangs or other roofs that shade or protect pedestrians from the elements. The open area along Main Street is surrounded by overhangs next to the buildings.

Heard some bad news the other day. Looks like the residential isn't going to work. And, the date is being pushed back until around February or March 2007. If there is a silver lining, it does sound like they've secured some other really great tenants including a book store. But, the delay and the lack of residences is a bummer. Still might be a chance, but it looks pretty slim :(

Heard some bad news the other day. Looks like the residential isn't going to work. And, the date is being pushed back until around February or March 2007. If there is a silver lining, it does sound like they've secured some other really great tenants including a book store. But, the delay and the lack of residences is a bummer. Still might be a chance, but it looks pretty slim :(

If the two apartment towers aren't going to work, maybe they should ditch at least one of them and drop in a hotel or hotel/condo (the original plan included a hotel; Through the first 7 months of 2006, downtown hotels ran at 70% occupancy, a large jump over last year; If that growth continues, the market would be more than able to handle new entrants by the time construction would be completed. ). W Hotels comes to mind...

• Like 1

this is definitely not good news! I was looking forward to someone telling me that they were starting to get some dirt moving for construction in the next week. MAJOR LET DOWN!

Hey largeTEXAS, did your sources tell you WHY the residential towers wouldn't work out?

BTW: Semipiro is bathing in his laughter of him being right after all! :(

BTW: Semipiro is bathing in his laughter of him being right after all! :(

I don't see how this makes semipro right. The Pavilions are still being built, there's just speculation that it could be pushed back again. We'll see. Anyhow, they're adding more tenants all the time, I don't see how this news spells the end of the project.

Edited by ProHouston

I hate to admit it but i think i'm starting to join Captain Semipro's team of negativity. This thing has been pushed back too many times and now i'm starting to think the developers are going to pull out alltogether. The residential componenets have been cancelled which will hinder the idea of residential/walking environments on a consistent level. I really pray that it will still go forth but i'm very skeptical now!

Edited by tierwestah

Have some faith, people.

This is a HUGE project right in the heart of the city. These things take TIME. This isn't like plopping down a TGI Fridays out in Katy.

Last I heard, the condo towers were dead. Instead, they were going to build apartment towers and had lined up Wood Partners out of Atlanta to develop the buildings. Wood Partners is part of the team on the Mosaic project and they just recently completed a project on Almeda (rehab of a 10 story building and new buildings around it) under the name Alta Lofts. The Alta brand is what I heard was going to be rolled out for the Pavilions project.

That said, the Pavilions WILL BE BUILT. They are lining up quality tenants. They have secured construction financing from a Houston bank. They have secured loans/bonds from the City of Houston and Harris County.

It is not uncommon at all for a project of this magnitude to be delayed. Get a grip.

• Like 1

Hey, largeTEXAS, any chance the Pavilions can go forward without the residential component?

Well, looks like the project will more likely happen now that they are getting rid of the residential. All indication is that leases are signed and continue to be signed. It is a bummer the residential probably won't happen, but it might actually help the flow of the retail better (not as many service ramps and back doors on the street). The opening date is still set for October 2008, it just looks like the start date is pushed back because the need to build those towers has been eliminated.

Thanks, Kindaid. I agree. First, lining up six restaurants, a bowling alley and a jazz club is one thing. Next, comes putting together a package that includes apartments and retail. In a downtown that has grown, but not moved to the level where we want it to be, this will take some time. The financing ($140 mil.) has been secured. I guess where the other $60 mil. comes from is what they are working on at this time. Since Houstonians eat out more than any other city dwellers in the USA, those new restaurants will be filled with diners. ;)

Have some faith, people.

This is a HUGE project right in the heart of the city. These things take TIME. This isn't like plopping down a TGI Fridays out in Katy.

Last I heard, the condo towers were dead. Instead, they were going to build apartment towers and had lined up Wood Partners out of Atlanta to develop the buildings. Wood Partners is part of the team on the Mosaic project and they just recently completed a project on Almeda (rehab of a 10 story building and new buildings around it) under the name Alta Lofts. The Alta brand is what I heard was going to be rolled out for the Pavilions project.

That said, the Pavilions WILL BE BUILT. They are lining up quality tenants. They have secured construction financing from a Houston bank. They have secured loans/bonds from the City of Houston and Harris County.

It is not uncommon at all for a project of this magnitude to be delayed. Get a grip.

I don't see how this makes semipro right. The Pavilions are still being built, there's just speculation that it could be pushed back again. We'll see. Anyhow, they're adding more tenants all the time, I don't see how this news spells the end of the project.

You both are right, i think i probably freaked a little. It's just i want SOO much for Houston. I guess Denver Pavilions has come this far and i don't think it even has any residential complexes attached to it

Does anyone think that the residential projects might be able to be added back in to the project later, even after its built ..IF the residential population improves?

Edited by C2H