GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I recieved an e-mail today from a rep from HP. She said their were a zillion complications setting the date back several times, but now financing is set and the ground breaking will be Nov. 6th. It will be completed for the shopping season in Oct.'08. She gave me a link to the Chron. article from Sat, I must have over looked it reading the paper. The article stated an outside company could add two residential towers.

Personaly I feel 95% sure trucks will be on the property on Nov. 6th... When this breaks ground and the park tower with the park, DT is getting a huge upgrade. I am very excited with the things that are going on, things are booming all over the city....

Two more tower?? I think we have a Victory on our hands ^_^ . Not bad. I wish High Street was in Downtown, though. Maybe Trump will look around Downtown :blush: . Wishful thinking I know, but it could happen.

I would not hold my breath on this. The website had zero information except renderings.

I heard that Crescent is going to re-do the shops to offer more of a urban feel vs suburban feel. I would love to see both projects.

Still uncomfortable Tophy?

With HP taking up three blocks, the new park approx. 7 or so blocks and the new 37 story One Park Center taking up a block, we are seeing over 10 blocks of downtown prime property being utilized. Kool. B)

Edited by houstonfella

Still uncomfortable Tophy?

With HP taking up three blocks, the new park approx. 7 or so blocks and the new 37 story One Park Center taking up a block, we are seeing over 10 blocks of downtown prime property being utilized. Kool. B)

Don't forget about the Catholic Cathedral or the new Fire Station, each under construction and taking a full block.

GROUNDBREAKING ANNOUNCED!!!

Nov. 6th. Boo -Yah!

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories.../09/daily3.html

A contact at the Houston Pavilions web site directed me to Wood Partners for information on the condos. This is the reply I received from them:

Thank you for your call. At this time the residential is planned as rental apartments and not condominiums. The project will be called Alta Pavilions and will have 218 units in two residential towers - 13-stories and 15 stories. Each tower will have its own swimming pool, fitness center, outdoor fireplace, grills, and clubroom. The units will have loft finishes with hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen and tile in the bathrooms. All appliances will be stainless steel and gas will be provided for the cook tops.

Don't forget about the Catholic Cathedral or the new Fire Station, each under construction and taking a full block.

Add the Christ Church Cathedral expansion on a full block of Texas Avenue, plus the new parking garage on Main taking up a half block, and you have 14.5 blocks under (or about to be) construction. Except for the parking garage, I believe all of the other 14 blocks were empty, or nearly empty, prior to construction.

Slowly, but surely... In the last ten and coming two years, we've chipped away at a TON of surface lots, but lord, there are still a lot of 'em out there.

The Jury Assembly building will take away another block in the Courthouse District, too. That's 15 1/2.

In the last 6 years or so, I count at least 30 blocks that have been redeveloped, in addition to the 15 that were mentioned. Downtown has approximately 300 city blocks. 15% of the CBD redeveloped in 6-8 years is not chump change.

Minute Maid Park - 9 blocks

Toyota Center & garage - 6 blocks

Hilton Americas & garage - 2.5 blocks

GRB expansion - 2 blocks

METRO headquarters - 1 block

Criminal Courts - 1 block

Civil Courts - 1 block

Courthouse Garage - 1 block

Hobby Center - 2 blocks

Calpine - 1 block

Houston Center 5 - 1 block

UHD Classrooms - 1 block

Enron - 1 block

1000(?) Main - 1 block

The Jury Assembly building will take away another block in the Courthouse District, too. That's 15 1/2.

In the last 6 years or so, I count at least 30 blocks that have been redeveloped, in addition to the 15 that were mentioned. Downtown has approximately 300 city blocks. 15% of the CBD redeveloped in 6-8 years is not chump change.

Minute Maid Park - 9 blocks

Toyota Center & garage - 6 blocks

Hilton Americas & garage - 2.5 blocks

GRB expansion - 2 blocks

METRO headquarters - 1 block

Criminal Courts - 1 block

Civil Courts - 1 block

Courthouse Garage - 1 block

Hobby Center - 2 blocks

Calpine - 1 block

Houston Center 5 - 1 block

UHD Classrooms - 1 block

Enron - 1 block

1000(?) Main - 1 block

That's pretty amazing. I think you can add a second block for Enron (Chevron) for the new parking garage.

I count something in the neighborhood of 50 remaining blocks of surface parking (not including those that are currently or very soon to be built upon (eg. the Pavilions). Another ten years (or hopefully fewer) at this pace, and bare land may be pretty scarce in downtown Houston

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

OK, so shoot me. Actually, it is three quarters of a block, wrapping around the Lancaster on it's eastern and northern flanks. ;)

You are right ... right behind Longhorn and Charlies 517. But, actually, I forgot what was there before? I remember some building being demolished to make way for Calpine. It escapes me what that building was. Do you remember?

You are right ... right behind Longhorn and Charlies 517. But, actually, I forgot what was there before? I remember some building being demolished to make way for Calpine. It escapes me what that building was. Do you remember?

I think someone told me a while back that it was the Rice Rittenhouse parking garage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see: HP now has Lucky Strike, House of Blues and lots of upscale restaurants. Financing in place. This is going to be BIG for downtown. Discovery Green is under construction. One Park Tower will be breaking ground. Rocbar is going up at Bayou Place. I noticed lots of construction in Midtown and across I-45 as well. Cool B)

Bon Appetite !!

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories...23/daily17.html

New restaurant tenants at the Pavilions include:

* Lawry's, The Prime Rib: The restaurant will feature prime rib specialties in what will be its first location in the Houston area and only its fifth location in the U.S.

* Tuscany: The old world gourmet coffee shop's third Houston location is headed for the Pavilions.

* Yao's Restaurant and Bar: The second Houston location for the sports-themed restaurant, owned by the family of Houston Rockets superstar Yao Ming.

* Antica Osteria: One of the most popular Italian restaurants in the city, will serve northern and southern Italian delicacies that its loyal patrons have enjoyed in the restaurant's existing location on Bissonnet for years.

* Red Cat Jazz Cafe: Already one of the top live music venues in Houston, Red Cat Jazz Cafe will feature soulful blues and cool jazz with its Creole and southern cuisine at its second downtown location.

* McCormick & Schmick's: The Pavilions will be the second Houston location for this nationwide seafood restaurant.

• Like 1