GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I called that number on the website, and you can too at, 818-991-2964. I was looking for blueprints, and she turn me over to Harvey Construction CO. Those are the project builders, but I haven't spoke to them yet. I'm planning on to some time tomorrow.

(818)?? that is my neck of the woods! Is the company based in LA?

m. B)

I went and checked out the proposed site today. It looks like about 3 or 4 parking lots starting at Main and running directly back to the Hilton. Aside from that there's good density all around it, so this project would fit quite snuggly into the area. I could definitely see people on their lunch hour strolling through the Pavillion. How it would make out on the weekends is a whole other question.

Also, the fact that this would border Foley's (Macy's) and The Shops would pretty much establish a downtown retail district. A well executed project by a recognized developer could help secure some of the high-end retailers that have typically passed on downtown up to this point. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk, but the potential certainly seems to be there.

• 2 weeks later...
You're really not missing anything in either location. All the shops & restuarants seem to be really catered to a lunch crowd.

I often wonder how they would fare if they were all street level and didn't close at 6pm though?

Well, it definitely wouldnt hurt the efforts to increase the nightlife downtown

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited about this project. What a great way to create density within the central business district. This will surely add a much needed connection between Main Street and the East End.

One thing though, I do not like that website. You can not look at any of the rendering in detail. The towers will be office or residential?

I am guessing that the "central park" the city is planning will be at the Eastern end of this project? This should send downtown into critical mass in terms of entertainment choices.

Personally I would like to get to a point where we get rid of every surface parking lot in downtown. The days of the downtown ghost town are over. It is time to fill in the blanks in our CBD.

I am so excited about this project.  What a great way to create density within the central business district.  This will surely add a much needed connection between Main Street and the East End.

One thing though, I do not like that website.  You can not look at any of the rendering in detail. The towers will be office or residential?

I am guessing that the "central park" the city is planning will be at the Eastern end of this project?  This should send downtown into critical mass in terms of entertainment choices.

Personally I would like to get to a point where we get rid of every surface parking lot in downtown.  The days of the downtown ghost town are over. It is time to fill in the blanks in our CBD.

It will be both. Office and Residential.

Wow the old render is 100010201230 times better than the "new render"

Looks like they forgot to add details to their VIZ/3DSMAX renders like, textures/real glass.....ect....ect....

just nit picking

But this would be great for downtown development.

• Like 2

Wow the old render is 100010201230 times better than the "new render"

Looks like they forgot to add details to their VIZ/3DSMAX renders like, textures/real glass.....ect....ect....

just nit picking

But this would be great for downtown development.

You're... back?

Where the heck've you been for two years?

There's light rail on main street now.

• Like 1

You're... back?

Where the heck've you been for two years?

There's light rail on main street now.

Yep - as to the old rendering being better - its true, granted they dont have that much detail on the new one, but hopefully its a work in progress.

i called the number listed on the website and asked the lady who answered the phone if the project was really going to happen. She almost bit my head off and said, "Off course it'll happen!" She said there's going to be plenty of variety including House of Blues. Estimated time for completion: 2007.

I'm just like the next guy, I hope this isn't one of many other Houston projects that fall through but let's hope for the best!

Guest Professional Hornblower

I also called the number, I must have had the same lady- she did say there would be A House of Blues, along with a T-shirt store, pet shop, UNOS pizza, teather ball court, and a laser tag area.

She said those were just some ideas of places taht would occupy the lower level.

I also called the number, I must have had the same lady- she did say there would be  A House of Blues, along with a T-shirt store, pet shop, UNOS pizza, teather ball court, and a laser tag area.

She said those were just some ideas of places taht would occupy the lower level.

Teatherball? No kidding?

That is an interesting choice of tenants. I thought this was more clothing retail oriented like the one in Denver. Also I wonder what are the chances of Virgin Megastore building in downtown in this development. The one in Denver is pretty cool, but hopefully they will update the design.