GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

no but apparently they havent even begun bidding on the retail shops, only the two towers have been bid on

I recieved a piece of info today. My doctor is looking into a satallite office in the Pavilions. His main office is at Park Plaza at the Museum stop so a Pavilions location would allow him to get from A to B on the train far faster than driving in his car and would give his downtown patients a more convenient location for their health care-not to mention more $$ in his pocket ;) ...but he's a great doc so I don't fault him with that.

B)

like ive said time and time again, when a business signs a lease they expect progress where they plan to expand that business, and this is definate progress, like brijonmang said, they havent even started bidding on the retail shops, just the two towers, they still got business to do before groundbreaking and i cant wait to expect them to start saying places like American Eagle, Radioshack, etc., etc., thats gonna be exciting, i cant wait for the day when i can go to a great city center mall, before a Stros game, lol

• 2 weeks later...

sense my other topic was closed, i'll ask the question here.

when if ever is the pavilon gona git start? its already the end of may. i thought that it was suppose 2 break ground so is this another disapoint for houston? anyone with some info would really be appereciate.

Another disappointment I'll say. That's why these types of projects I don't get excited about. I let y'all do the talking, and I just listen.

Its going to be alot of sad people if this project don't get off ground. Maybe the urban park downtown get built before the Pavillions do.

Edited by houstonsemipro

welcome to page w1uzqb.jpg

You ever heard of the 24 drinking game? :lol: Everytime Bauer says "damn" or "dammit", you and your friends are supposed to drink a shot :lol: Just throwing that out there. Ah, DJ games :D

Back on subject, can anyone see a Barnes & Noble or Borders with extended hours at the Pavillions? It'd be nice to walk to a bookstore/coffee shop at 3:30am and read a book or hang out all night on a balcony or patio downtown with no alcohol involved. I'd DEFINATELY go there after a dj set, clubbing, or hanging out at House of Blues or Main Street. Do you think other Houstonians would also?

You ever heard of the 24 drinking game? :lol: Every-time Bauer says "damn" or "dammit", you and your friends are supposed to drink a shot :lol: Just throwing that out there. Ah, DJ games :D

Back on subject, can anyone see a Barnes & Noble or Borders with extended hours at the Pavillions? It'd be nice to walk to a bookstore/coffee shop at 3:30am and read a book or hang out all night on a balcony or patio downtown with no alcohol involved. I'd DEFINATELY go there after a dj set, clubbing, or hanging out at House of Blues or Main Street. Do you think other Historians would also?

I think if downtown gets a large bookstore like that it will be some time after they build the new apartment high-rise on the plans and I also think it would make sense to build it next to the Spaghetti Warehouse to catch the university of Houston downtown crowd

DJ that sounds like a fun game but I don't drink did y'all see the finally last night I cant wait until next season Jan 7, 07

Yeah, they announed it a couple months ago, but they also mention that it suppose to break ground this month (May). You know what that is? False adverstiment. Same crap they mention about Shamrock Tower, and did it get off ground?

Ahh, brilliance raises it's head again. <_<

Guest danax
i think houston semipro and zebra should get married. they'd fit very well together negative attitude and bad grammar skills!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Or, we could pit them gladiator style in a no-holds-barred HAIF spelling/grammar bee while we bide our time and wait for SUMMER (when ground breaking is supposed to happen). Summer starts around 6-20 this year, unless they've changed that just to make the Pavillions happen sooner.

If by Halloween nothing's happened then maybe I'll start getting cynical.

When the last time I was wrong on this forum? I've been right about the Texans pass two seasons so far. The Shamrock Tower? Orion?

And talking about my grammer and spelling? Please! Half of y'all on here can't even spell "where." Let's not talk about grammar on here. Half of the people on here have run-on sentence like they typing blind.

While pointing the finger at someone else, your thumb is pointing back at you.

While pointing the finger at someone else, your thumb is pointing back at you.

I think thats the other 3 fingers...but ok

Youre right on those because you say nothing will ever get built...I have faith in this project. Much more than orion and shamrock put together. There is hardly a doubt in my mind it will go through

Edited by brijonmang
  • Like 1

these projects are slow and methodical. the denver pavilions had the same type of reaction by the community before they broke ground. this project seems to be moving ahead quite steadily. and, you didn't hear it from me but that book store you're talking about... it might just be there. and, many of us are going to be excited by news surfacing about this project in the next couple of months. be patient guys things aren't looking that bad ;)

these projects are slow and methodical. the denver pavilions had the same type of reaction by the community before they broke ground. this project seems to be moving ahead quite steadily. and, you didn't hear it from me but that book store you're talking about... it might just be there. and, many of us are going to be excited by news surfacing about this project in the next couple of months. be patient guys things aren't looking that bad ;)

Always the voice of reason and full of knowledge

THANK you largeTEXAS

I e-mailed GHCVB (I didn't know who else to contact on the spur of the moment aside from Bill White), asking when the groundbreaking would take place and they replied saying the last information they received had it sometime between August 1st and September 1st.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

In defense of the naysayers, this project is following a familiar pattern: the ever-receding groundbreaking date. This has always frustrated posters, going all the way back to 1982 when the forum was just a bunch of penpals, writing letters in longhand and sending them out. The big discussion topic back then was the Bank of the Southwest tower - would it be built? Communication in those days took a long time, because each post had to be sent to a central mimeograph machine, from which copies were sent out to all the members. Everyone contributed to take care of the 19 cent postage. This historic topic garnered seven posts, at that time a record, and as us oldtimers will recall, the project experienced several delays before finally being cancelled. I still remember sitting at Gilley's in my stenciled jeans and cowboy hat, crying into my Lone Star.

In defense of the naysayers, this project is following a familiar pattern: the ever-receding groundbreaking date. This has always frustrated posters, going all the way back to 1982 when the forum was just a bunch of penpals, writing letters in longhand and sending them out. The big discussion topic back then was the Bank of the Southwest tower - would it be built? Communication in those days took a long time, because each post had to be sent to a central mimeograph machine, from which copies were sent out to all the members. Everyone contributed to take care of the 19 cent postage. This historic topic garnered seven posts, at that time a record, and as us oldtimers will recall, the project experienced several delays before finally being cancelled. I still remember sitting at Gilley's in my stenciled jeans and cowboy hat, crying into my Lone Star.

:lol: