GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Hey I drove by the area tonight thats supposed to be the new Houston Pavilions after the Rockets game and noticed some small structures along the 3 block area, such as a ticket office and a small white abandonded building that has a For Sale sign on it, I was just wondering when construction is supposed to start, and whats going to happen to these businesses? It was directed in front of the Hilton and right beside the tall white building like in the rendering, so im more than positive i was lookin at the right location, what a great place to build such a complex!

Hey I drove by the area tonight thats supposed to be the new Houston Pavilions after the Rockets game and noticed some small structures along the 3 block area, such as a ticket office and a small white abandonded building that has a For Sale sign on it, I was just wondering when construction is supposed to start, and whats going to happen to these businesses? It was directed in front of the Hilton and right beside the tall white building like in the rendering, so im more than positive i was lookin at the right location, what a great place to build such a complex!

Oye oye oye.

Is this a project partially done by City of Houston, or is it 100% private?

Well, some one is bound to say it I'm surprise DJ V Lawrence hasn't said it yet .......

welcome to PAGE 23 EVERYONE!!!!!

I'm thinking you might be mistaken. There are only three surface lots on the site that will soon be HP.

hou_pav.jpg

Might of mistaken the building and lot east of the three lots

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

Well, some one is bound to say it I'm surprise DJ V Lawrence hasn't said it yet .......

welcome to PAGE 23 EVERYONE!!!!!

I'm thinking you might be mistaken. There are only three surface lots on the site that will soon be HP.

Might of mistaken the building and lot east of the three lots

Darn you beat me to the punchline. Oh well welcome all to page rlhukm.jpg

Edited by eelimon

man i wish we would start seeing some sort of progress

They are going to have to start going pretty quick as the interest on that land will pile up in a hurry.

Residential is the sticking point. Too expensive and they are waiting on Mayor White to make a decision on ponying up more cash.

Without the cash from the city, and they are about $7MM apart, this deal goes nowhere....

You heard it here first...

I would figure the city being able to come up with 7 mil, right? please dont tell me this is all a bunch of bull, i mean can a place like the House of Blue lease space and the project never get done? or does something like the House of Blues leasing space mean the project is a go? i wish i was head of this project, lol

They are going to have to start going pretty quick as the interest on that land will pile up in a hurry.

Residential is the sticking point. Too expensive and they are waiting on Mayor White to make a decision on ponying up more cash.

Without the cash from the city, and they are about $7MM apart, this deal goes nowhere....

You heard it here first...

Elaborate.........sources?

• 2 weeks later...

The one regret for me with the upcoming Houston Pavilions, if I can consider it as such, is that I am not working at South Texas College of Law anymore.

To think if they had the Pavilions already back in my time there, 1994-2001. I'd being eating 'em up...taking two hour lunch breaks. But I'm sure I'd have still been doing my 45 minute tunnel walks...good for the heart.

But we move on. Keep building!

• 2 weeks later...

In the time I've been following these types of projects in the Houston area, I've noted that the groundbreaking usually gets pushed back two or three times - unless it happens to be in the Medical Center, in which case it seems happen before you've even heard of the project. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing doesn't get underway until August or September. But I'm still pulling for May.

interesting - and i love to bowl :D

i am still a little unsure about "upscale" bowling, though... :rolleyes:

I agree.. Maybe having something like Dave and Busters there... primary is billiards.

I think that would fit bvetter than something that is primarily bowling.

Also.. I don't agree with having it all-ages till 9. Not downtown.

All we need is a 2nd Jillians turning the Pavillions to crap.

This is great! A bowling alley is perfect for downtown. What I don't understand is the "upscale" bit. What is it that makes it "upscale"? Are ties required? Is that just the usual marketing baloney?

I don't understand why it shouldn't be all ages until 9 or whatnot. If the Pavillions is going to be successful, it is best to have places to attract a wide variety of people. There's no reason kids shouldn't be downtown.

I don't understand why it shouldn't be all ages until 9 or whatnot. If the Pavillions is going to be successful, it is best to have places to attract a wide variety of people. There's no reason kids shouldn't be downtown.

Have you been to the Marqi Center and Jillians lately ?

Jillians feels like a glorified Chucky Cheese.

The Edwards Theatre there is one of the worst I've been to as far as rowdy, loud teenagers are concerned.

Why do we need to make downtown kid-friendly ? They already have enough places throughout the city to ruin.

Is it really asking too much to keep downtown and the pavillions big-people only ?

This is great! A bowling alley is perfect for downtown. What I don't understand is the "upscale" bit. What is it that makes it "upscale"? Are ties required? Is that just the usual marketing baloney?

I think they are aiming to keep the teenie boppers out.....................

Have you been to the Marqi Center and Jillians lately ?

Jillians feels like a glorified Chucky Cheese.

The Edwards Theatre there is one of the worst I've been to as far as rowdy, loud teenagers are concerned.

Why do we need to make downtown kid-friendly ? They already have enough places throughout the city to ruin.

Is it really asking too much to keep downtown and the pavillions big-people only ?

I don't agree with this one bit, i think downtown should be open to all people to be a better place. It will also help draw in more activities for families as well. I think there should be some avenues that are open for teenagers, just not on main street. Maybe dedicate another street to family-filled oriented environments such as Ripleys, and other small tourist draws.

Subdude, i think its a matter of perception as far as upscale. I visited the lucky strike on the 3rd floor of the Denver Pavilions and they used a lot of neon lighting, people were dressed pretty well, and the place looked very shiny and squeaky clean. Maybe those aren't the best examples of upscale but that was the impression i got.

Edited by C2H