GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Don't get mad cause Everybody Hates Houston.

Everybody Hates Houston: Coming to UPN this Fall...if UPN still exists, that is.

Houston Pavillions should not be seen as the crown jewel of downtown, but rather as something to build upon. It would be nice to have all these stores that we are mentioning added to Houston Pavillions, but the fact is that the buildings around it need just as much focus, and I hope, for example, if a Louis Vuitton store is not opened in the Pavillions, that it's opened across the street instead. And if not there, than at least another development similar to Houston Pavillions on the opposite side of Downtown where development is needed anyway. (Think about Rice Village. Great Shopping district. Always seems to expand little by little each year.)

I would like to know who's redeveloping the buildings across the streets from Pavillions, and what they have in mind.

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

The Pavilions will be a nice destination for folks, but it won't be a great impact like Uptown area.

I will check out the Pavilions when it open, but it won't be my final destination, oooooooh, Final Destination! Final Destination 3 going be a bigger hit then the Pavilions, :). I'd rather Woodlands, Uptown, Galleria, etc. Now Pearland is coming up.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I don't know why, but until I saw this rendering, I thought the streets wouldn't go threw it, and it would be just pedestrian streets... :( Thats alot of traffic, for such a "pedestrian friendly" project. Look how close the people are, just a foot or so away from a herd of cars. Looks angry.

According to their website, "The entire second floor of the development will be connected through walkways spanning Fannin St. and San Jacinto St." There probably won't be as many peds crossing the street within the complex, but people still will have to access the complex using the mode (vehicle) of their choice, whether car, light rail, or foot. There also appears to be a skybridge to the adjacent parking garage.

The renderings on their redesigned website are really great, though!

The traffic lanes aren't really scaled correctly. Those streets are very wide, and the sidewalks are fairly wide as well. The renderings make it look far tighter than it really is. If you'd like to get a feel for how traffic and peds will move, go look at The Park Shops. They have an overhead section, too, and there is no problem.

The streets Fannin and San Jac are major thoroughfares. For no other reason than emergency vehicles [Fannin=straight shot to the TMC] the city would never agree. Even in the preliminary plans was there any question that Fannin and San Jac would remain open.

Edited by nmainguy

The originally plan included a hotel. That's probably what that third tower was.

I believe you are right. And frankly, I'm glad they decided (at least at this point) to scrap it. I'd like the Houston DT hotel market to stand pat for a few more years to see if we can get area occupancy back up to a more healthy 67% (non-Katrina related).