GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

um yeah, their site doesn't mention the development (that i can find). dead in the water perhaps?

::edit::

found it, under "on the boards"... isn't there a stat somewhere that says like 2% of projects "on the boards" actually make it off?

and semipro -- just because an artists rendering shows something doesn't mean it actually will have it. anyone remember what the artist rendering of the courthouse looked like? not like the actual building. and artists always seem to throw in a lake or ocean in front and a jungle behind buildings.

http://www.altoonporter.com/projects/on_th...enter/index.php

• 5 weeks later...

Houston Pavilions now has a website.

Pavilions

Here is an OLD render of the project.

http://img240.exs.cx/img240/9297/pavilions2wg.jpg

The renders on the site seem to correspond with the recent chronicle article about the project, unlike the old image above.

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/373/newpavilions5ln.jpg

The light rail on main is at the bottom of the picture and it looks like the new Hilton is also in the background.

There are a few more random pictures on the site.

Atleast they are serious about the project and are updating the renderings. The last time, they were talking about the Toyota Center was proposed now they actually have the Hilton Americas in the rendering and light rail. The location is also awesome, not sprawly like some of these awesome developments happening 10 miles away from downtown or in the suburbs. lol. This is happening right next door to Main Street Square across from the Courtyard by Marriott. Hope this gets off the ground. This is the exact same thing as the one in Denver.

So..I guess this means this project is going to be built!

"Roger, its a go, Houston!" :lol:

EDIT: Well, IMO, the renderings do not quite look final...

So..I guess this means this project is going to be built!

"Roger, its a go, Houston!" :lol:

EDIT:  Well, IMO, the renderings do not quite look final...

I would not hold my breath on this. The website had zero information except renderings.

I heard that Crescent is going to re-do the shops to offer more of a urban feel vs suburban feel. I would love to see both projects.

All the webiste says is "coming soon"...

Crap..I justr hope this does not go like the Shamrock..

Say..watever happened to the Sham, anyway?

All the webiste says is "coming soon"...

Crap..I justr hope this does not go like the Shamrock..

Say..watever happened to the Sham, anyway?

Well, the project thats going up in Memorial City also had a website for a while that just said "Coming soon....". So just because the website doesnt have enough information doesnt mean much. They probably havent finalized the details yet and they probably do not want to give details that may change.

This sounds exciting but i am a little confused. Are there two Pavilions in Houston that are supposed to be going up? I remember reading about the same type of project in the Galleria area off Post Oak. So there's a similar project proposed for downtown? If so, that might really boost Houston's downtown image.

This sounds exciting but i am a little confused. Are there two Pavilions in Houston that are supposed to be going up? I remember reading about the same type of project in the Galleria area off Post Oak. So there's a similar project proposed for downtown? If so, that might really boost Houston's downtown image.

Yeah, thats right. The one in Galleria area is going to replace the existing center that is called Pavilions. I dont know what the new development would be called.

The one in downtown is being developed by the same company that did Denver Pavilions and that is why they are calling it Houston Pavilions.