GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Here is the webiste for one of the partners in the project, Entertainment Development Group. The good news is that they have the Houston project listed under the projects section. The bad news or just slightly odd is that it is a website for their Korean counterpart. It seems that most of the development they have done is overseas. They noted somewhere that the US site is under construction...time will tell.

EDG

Mmm... Pret would be great! I was shocked last week to see one in NYC -- I had no idea they had any locations in the US. From their website it looks like the only US locations so far are in NYC. But it's definitely a concept I could see working in downtown Houston. The food is super fresh and delicious, and it makes a very good affordable take-out lunch.

Mmm... Pret would be great! I was shocked last week to see one in NYC -- I had no idea they had any locations in the US. From their website it looks like the only US locations so far are in NYC. But it's definitely a concept I could see working in downtown Houston. The food is super fresh and delicious, and it makes a very good affordable take-out lunch.

I used to eat at the Pret on Broad Street in NY when I worked in the Financial District. It would do very well serving the professional crowd in downtown Houston for lunch. I know that too many of us get sick of eating Ninfa's and Treebeards twice a week. Dont get me wrong, I love both restaurants, but Pret is just a teeeeny bit healthier.

I went to lunch with my brother today. He works across the street from these 3 parking lots. They were drilling soil samples in the lots when I left.

They took soil samples for the shamrock a few years ago. Apparently the samples told them to never build.

Today is the Big Day; but, I am not holding my breath!!

You Know me too! I am not holding my breath anymore! I have been very positive so far, but now if this going to happen they just need to come out with it and say it to the public with bigg letters:

"THESE ARE THE STORES WE WILL HAVE AT THIS LOCATION. WE ARE STARTING CONSTRUCTION ON THIS DAY. WE WILL BE FINISHED ON THIS DAY."

So far reading this thread and the news papers has been as revealing as watching and episode of LOST or 24.

I have been searching news papers and stations to see if there's any press releases yet. So far no luck.

Last time they a big announcement

Next week should be a good week!

The news about the land purchase was a few days to a week off from what we expected.

So I'm giving it some time before I dismiss it.