GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

• 2 weeks later...

The Houston Business Journal has a good article on the Pavillions project.

Major downtown project gains steam as land sale finally closes

Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

A $200 million mixed-use development planned for downtown Houston has slowly inched out of the starting gate.

The proposed office, retail and residential project dubbed Houston Pavilions is a step closer to becoming reality after developers purchased three city blocks this month and secured a portion of financing for the development.

A partnership led by California developer William Denton and local developer/broker Geoffrey Jones paid more than $20 million to Central Parking Inc. for three blocks currently occupied by surface parking lots. The project site, located on the light rail line, is bordered by Main, Caroline, Dallas and Polk Streets.

Link to the full HBJ article

From HBJ:

The 350,000-square-foot project opened in 1998 and now includes 34 stores, six restaurants, a nightclub and a 15-screen movie theater. Tenants include Virgin Megastore, Hard Rock Cafe, Nike Town and Coyote Ugly.

(Refering to Denver Pavillions's retail. Same developers for Houston Pavilions.)

Has anyone here heard of any of the retailers that Houston Pavilions may have there? Foleys? j/k

All jokes aside, are they expecting Hard Rock Cafe, NikeTown, or Virgin to reside there as well? Think Hard Rock would be moving from Bayou Place after only a few year?

And if there's no official word (should be some later this month), any predictions? Borders maybe? Maybe a Rockets or Astros Shop or something?...

Its How You say "COOLER"

Thanks Chad.

But actually the way I would say "cooler"-which I don't see myself ever doing-would be to say something like "cooler". ;)

"krunker" just sounds sort of scatological to me.

B)

BTW: Great HBJ article!

Edited by nmainguy

Yea I can see how you would think that. People probably thought the same thing when people first started saying Cool, Cooler. Oh yea, I would never say cooler either, I had a lack for better words. I also thaught the article was good to hear. It was an itch waiting to be scratched.

Edited by THE CHAD IS GREAT

Denton, CEO of California-based Entertainment Development Group Inc., was part of the development team behind the Denver Pavilions.

The 350,000-square-foot project opened in 1998 and now includes 34 stores, six restaurants, a nightclub and a 15-screen movie theater. Tenants include Virgin Megastore, Hard Rock Cafe, Nike Town and Coyote Ugly.

i have admittedly lost track of the development of this...development. are possible tenants for houston similar to those in denver? because that would be so...cool... :mellow:
"krunker" just sounds sort of scatological to me.

HAHA! ew

I sent an e-mail a couple days ago to the address listed on the Houston Pavalions site.

Asking for more information, this was their response.

We will be having a major announcement about the project on January 19th, with other major tenant announcements to follow shortly thereafter. I apologize for not being able to give you any more information now, but we wanted everything buttoned up before giving out the details, which is certainly out of the norm for large real estate projects. Since the Houston Pavilions is such a large project, we wanted to diminish the naysayers with everything in place. Thanks for your interest in the project.

Bill Denton

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

I appreciate Mr. Denton's response. I hate it when developers or whomever say they are going to build this or build that and next thing you know, it ain't happenin'!!! Hopefully, this will be all good. I think when Houston Center was in the planning stages years ago that this mixed retail, offices, high-rise living etc. was the idea. Then after Houston Center was built during the boom years, the bust happened. Now, hopefully, Houston Pavilions will be the finishing touches to this area. B)

I'd like to see some retailers and restaurants move in that aren't found elsewhere in Houston or even the region. Lots of new names but names that carry a certain cache. Another GAP is not going to drive people downtown, it has to be compelling but most of all entertaining. Maybe do a Rockefeller Center-esque news studio with windows for local events and reports...host concerts, etc.

I'd like to see some retailers and restaurants move in that aren't found elsewhere in Houston or even the region.

Like Nando's, it's a restaurant chain offering food from Portugal.

This place is great and would make a killing in Houston. They're growing here in the UK and are rapidly spreading to other parts of the world( I believe California might have a couple).

The food and atmosphere are Great, if you come across one you won't be disapointed.

Mmmmm Nando's :P

It really is yummy. My coworkers make fun of me for eating there so much. I think it'd be cool and make money in downtown Houston. It's mainly a lunch place, which makes for a perfect fit.

They have locations in NYC and HK.

The only thing that may turn folks is that a lot of it is premade in the morning. But its so fresh, you never know the difference.

4490.jpg

It really is yummy. My coworkers make fun of me for eating there so much. I think it'd be cool and make money in downtown Houston. It's mainly a lunch place, which makes for a perfect fit.

They have locations in NYC and HK.

The only thing that may turn folks is that a lot of it is premade in the morning. But its so fresh, you never know the difference.

4490.jpg

I think international restaurants like this one would be HUGE for Pavillions. I hope they come, good business shows up there, and we get an even bigger taste of international eateries and retail than we already have.

Yo, any of you been to that one BADASS authentic Italian restaurant in Rice Village? It's one of my fav spots in town, because the food's actually made in a replica old-school Italia oven. Now THAT would be cool in the Pavillions (authentic Italian restaurant). Dude, what's the name of that damn place?

Edited by DJ V Lawrence