GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

whys that car is circled in the picture? was it about to get hit by the train?

does anyone think that the foley's buyout might be a problem for this development? i very much doubt that macy's would leave that store open.

Edited by danes75

I never did like that Horton Plaza. Totally kills the streetlife of a place if you ever visited. San Diego has enough retailers at street level that they can do away with that open air mall. From my understanding, yes Houston Pavilions will have some areas that are an open air mall concept, but I also think you can enter the stores from streetlevel, similar to Denver's.

Horton Plaza was a WONDERFUL start for the revitalization of downtown San Diego...which has come full circle and keeps going like gang busters!!!

It was however a very slow start. But they remained focused and got the Gaslamp going, And then Little Italy, marina, and now the East village.

Edited by MiDTOWNeR

does anyone think that the foley's buyout might be a problem for this development? i very much doubt that macy's would leave that store open.

Macy's has repeatedly indicated that the downtown store will not be closed. Foley's has maintained for years that the store is profitable.

I see no reason why Macy's would be closing the downtown store at this point.

Horton Plaza was a WONDERFUL start for the revitalization of downtown San Diego...which has come full circle and keeps going like gang busters!!!

It was however a very slow start. But they remained focused and got the Gaslamp going, And then Little Italy, marina, and now the East village.

Thank you! So the point is y'all the Houston Pavilions will have a slow start. We must remain focused, and get the east end of downtown redeveloped, and the south of downtown area not Midtown. OR please don't call that area SODO. But with a development like this Houston's downtown will flourish, and patience is a virtue.

Edited by eelimon

Th Pavilions is progressing right along. Here are the latest renderings:

opt2_view12.jpg

opt1_view1.jpg

If you compare if to the original rendering, it has been scaled down somewhat. There used to be a office/residential tower on the north portion of the project. that has been removed completely. Is this in response to the vacancy rates in downtown?

It may well be. That's fine with me. There is no shortage of office space downtown, nor is there a shortage of Houston developers with experience and willingness to build office towers. What downtown needs, and this proposal provides, is retail and residential space in a concentrated area. I think the renderings have grown more workable as time passes.

Is Foley's still open dt? Did they change it to Macy's yet? I read somewhere it's one of the top grossing Foley's stores in Texas. Never understood why this store, with its perfect location has been left to rot. Renovating it and making it a grand downtown Houston department store would be the start of a downtown retail renaissance imo.

And a lot of dead pedestrians, too. The crosswalk on the left is in the left TRAFFIC lane!

Not to mention the Blue car racing to beat the Train to the intersection is not only driving on the crosswalk, but headed straight for the sidewalk.

This artist must have it in for the people of Downtown.

Not to mention the Blue car racing to beat the Train to the intersection is not only driving on the crosswalk, but headed straight for the sidewalk.

This artist must have it in for the people of Downtown.

..and another good catch for Montrose...I think they were aiming for one of those ladies in red!

B)

..and another good catch for Montrose...I think they were aiming for one of those ladies in red!

B)

Probibly figured that since there were 4 already, would it hurt to just have 3?

And while were Nit-pickin', why are there skyscrapers on the right in the far off distance? It looks like a Downtown.

And while were Nit-pickin', why are there skyscrapers on the right in the far off distance? It looks like a Downtown.

It seems like they just forgot which way they were oriented.

EDIT: On second thought, the building on the left looks like the one right off 59 in greenway. But the rest seem to tall.

Edited by YakuzaIce

This is simply more proof this is all a hoax.

Edited by LTAWACS

This is simply more proof this is all a hoax.

I agree. This is a complete hoax cooked up by a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy. You can tell because the city bent over backwards to grant the developers a TIRZ. As we can now all see, the city has been completely overtaken by Baby Killing Gay Homosexual TIRZ Granting Liberals.

Gee whiz, LTAWACS, I assumed your AWAC had that all figured out-or not. :lol:

B)

[bTW, this thing is going to be built :) ]

I agree. This is a complete hoax cooked up by a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy. You can tell because the city bent over backwards to grant the developers a TIRZ. As we can now all see, the city has been completely overtaken by Baby Killing Gay Homosexual TIRZ Granting Liberals.

Gee whiz, LTAWACS, I assumed your AWAC had that all figured out-or not. :lol:

B)

[bTW, this thing is going to be built :) ]

My thought Exactly