GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I just think that it is embarrassing that San Antonio has a better downtown than Houston as far as lively vibe goes

Heck I have not mentioned Austins' downtown night life thank God they don't have a mall like this in the works

The Riverwalk in SA is great. I think the town is pretty dirty above the streets. SA is far inferior to Houston with Class A office space. I can't think of any striking skyscrapers there.

Ya'll need to stop comparing Houston to all of these other cities. I'm sick and tired of looking at these big ass pictures of other cities. Pictures that's not about the Houston Pavilions don't need to be on this thread. Who cares what other cities have? Cause I don't. If you like it so much move there. Oh wow, San Deigo have this and that. What you want a cookie?

Houston is a totally different place to live.

Yes. It's 'lack'. :lol:

y'all need to stop comparing Houston to all of these other cities. I'm sick and tired of looking at these big ass pictures of other cities. Pictures that's not about the Houston Pavilions don't need to be on this thread. Who cares what other cities have? Cause I don't. If you like it so much move there. Oh wow, San Diego have this and that. What you want a cookie?

Houston is a totally different place to live.

Obviously You did not read my whole comment. I do remember saying:

"And no I don't want Houston to look like any other city or follow their example. I want Houston to have a strong vibrant city core"

Edited by eelimon

Is that empty half block full of concrete blocks the site of the original shamrock?

Anyways, a big project like this would probibly take alot of time to get built. Expecially a big retail development, with a sketchy market. There probibly trying to make sure that alot of space is already leased before it goes up.

Even if this doesn't go up, something like it in the future will. Uptown (Galleria Area) Is becoming such a hot spot, the Galleria won't be enough anymore. I think that area's the most populated as well? +200,000 or something?

Stop lyin to yourselves, this project is as dead as the shamrock. Do us all favor and kill this thread too.

i have to say that i'm a little shaky of this project. I'm nervous that it's just going to be an added statistic to Houston's many failed proposed projects. I don't see any signs that the project is moving along. But i'm trying to stay positive because i have so many high hopes for Houston.

Links? Or just to get a reaction out of everybody so we can finally see someone post some news?

Yes thats it.

No I think I heard it on Skyscraperpage, but mabe they where just assuming. I hope to God that its false information.

Edited by citykid09

"I read some where it was put on hold. I can not remember my source though. I hope it still goes through though." -Houston rush

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...472#post1687472

As I said in another thread, don't believe everything you read.

I beleive them. Every other project in Houston is known to be on hold, so it's nothing new to me.

People and their wishful thinking I tell ya.

semipro, what the hell are you talking about?

"I read some where it was put on hold. I can not remember my source though. I hope it still goes through though." -Houston rush

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...472#post1687472

As I said in another thread, don't believe everything you read.

semipro, what the hell are you talking about?

<_<

I knew it was just an attempt to thrown something out there. Plus Boulevard Place was not even mentioned. Come on you all. Just because a rendering is posted of something does not mean the project should be around the corner. Lets be a little more realistic please.

Th Pavilions is progressing right along. Here are the latest renderings:

opt2_view12.jpg

opt1_view1.jpg

I was been waiting and hopping you would say something largeTEXAS. the latest comments from these guys are well I wont comment on that. These renderings are great!

now if we could have a ground breaking that would make me the happiest

Edited by eelimon

Oh cool this project is going to take up all of those stupid surface lots. And its right along with 1301 Fannin! I never thought there would be developement in SoDo in a long time...

*And, its right across from Foley's, so I think this project will bring alot to Downtown. Unless the homeless invade it... :\

*And, are they going to plant those (Maple Looking) trees along the street?

Edited by Montrose1100

Oh cool this project is going to take up all of those stupid surface lots. And its right along with 1301 Fannin! I never thought there would be developement in SoDo in a long time...

*And, its right across from Foley's, so I think this project will bring alot to Downtown. Unless the homeless invade it... :\

"SoDo" Get real... :lol:

And it's across the street from the old Humble Building on Main-not Foley's-and next to Sakowitz on Dallas.

[soDo....... :blink: ]

B)