GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Still more good news to come in the coming weeks. Groundbreaking is still scheduled for late October or early November. Unless permitting takes longer, we should start to see some dirt move pretty soon.

Tenants are being added and dropped daily. The big guys are all still on board at this point and more might be on the way...

This is excellent news, I am very glad that this went through. Now I can't wait for the construction to start.

Oh man, i am so excited!

Yeah me too! Been checking in more frequently. We should be back in the States for good by mid/late October so I'll be there for the groundbreaking and construction. :D

I can't believe no one have mentioned yet. Its been approved!

Officials Approve Special Zone for $200M Houston Pavilions Plan

houston.jpg

By Amy Wolff Sorter

Last updated: September 14, 2005  05:13pm

HOUSTON-A $200-million proposal for a mixed-used development has moved a step closer to reality with city officials' approval of a downtown tax increment reinvestment zone (TIRZ). The Market Square TIRZ, as it has been named, will be used to float $14.3 million in bonds, of which $8.5 million will come from Harris County and the balance from the City of Houston.

More: http://www.globest.com/news/371_371/houston/138254-1.html

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT news! I have been busy not looking at new post in the HIAF, but anyhow great news. :lol:

I can't believe no one have mentioned yet. Its been approved!

Officials Approve Special Zone for $200M Houston Pavilions Plan

houston.jpg

By Amy Wolff Sorter

Last updated: September 14, 2005  05:13pm

HOUSTON-A $200-million proposal for a mixed-used development has moved a step closer to reality with city officials' approval of a downtown tax increment reinvestment zone (TIRZ). The Market Square TIRZ, as it has been named, will be used to float $14.3 million in bonds, of which $8.5 million will come from Harris County and the balance from the City of Houston.

More: http://www.globest.com/news/371_371/houston/138254-1.html

:lol: OYE OYE OYE!!!! :lol:

Yeah

Lucy

Virgin Megastore

bebe

Mexx

Laundrys

Lucky Brand

House of Blues

bebe Sport

BCBG

are all opening there among others N*E*who WOW this is GREAT NEWS I knew this was gonna happend, hey 9 pages of the forum paid off, I can't wait till it opens, I hope this does attract a lot more people Downtown.

B) Yes! Page Numero TEN :D

Well No Hooter's on that list yet? :huh:

How about a really great steak house

If not Outback Steak House

How about Houston

Why would we need a second movie theatre when the Angelika is already down there?  Angelika is a nice place to go and its not that far from everything else either.

:o

I was thinking the same thing, But the Angelika is for the art type films, and the seats could be replaced with more comfortable ones. If they did that then I would go there more often. But I think he was saying a regular Cineplex may be needed

Why would we need a second movie theatre when the Angelika is already down there?  Angelika is a nice place to go and its not that far from everything else either.

Because the Angelika Films has a limited selection and doesn't play Box Office Movies and won't draw various types of crowds. Trust me, we need another movie theatre.

Because the Angelika Films has a limited selection and doesn't play Box Office Movies and won't draw various types of crowds. Trust me, we need another movie theatre.

I think downtown can handle 2 movie theatres. There's 2 metro stops within walking distance so I could see alot of residential traffic coming from midtown, the museum district and the medical center for dinner and a movie.

B)

There will be a 20 screen theater at the Pavilions. Is y'all looking at the renderings? Did y'all watch the news when they said this? Angelika plays indie movies, and a couple of box office movies. Plus, they get movies late.

I've been pushing for another movie theater downtown, and it came true.

Yeah you have loads of pull ;)

There will be a 20 screen theater at the Pavilions. Is y'all looking at the renderings? Did y'all watch the news when they said this? Angelika plays indie movies, and a couple of box office movies. Plus, they get movies late.

I've been pushing for another movie theater downtown, and it came true.

Where did you get your info on a 20 screen theatre?

Where did you get your info on a 20 screen theatre?

They mention it on channel 13 news. I guess I'm the only one watch to the news. Whatever Denver Pavilions have, the Houston's Pavilions will have too, maybe more.

The developer mentions that the project will be similar to Denver's, and Denver has an 20 screen theater.

It's really common sense people. Use your noodles.

That's my sentiment as well. not that I wouldn't like a theatre down there that I guess is more mainstream, but its not like the city has a serious lack of theatres either. I guess inner loop there aren't a whole lot of options, but you won't have people driving in from the suburbs just to see a movie. So I agree, its not just common sense. Also, I don't remember the plans saying explicitly "if its in Denver, it will be here" Seems like they will do a lot of demographic and economic research before just commiting to a complete replica.

Theaters want in but they A) Can't pay the $35 - $40 in rent; B) Bring a "less desirable" demographic; and C) Are expensive deals to engineer when residential components are involved.

But, ....we might see a theater open in a different location nearby...

largeTEXAS

Where do you see a Movie theater nearby being built? Where is it most appropriate? Midtown? South a few block from the Pavilions?