GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Now when are they going to notify people like my mom that parking is no longer available in these lots or in the parking garage next door? When my mom gets the notice, you'll hear it here first. :D

thank-you.gif

I can understand the 'Thank You' in that photo, but the rest of the ____ is so random. :lol:

Hey all, there were some environmental problems with the site that had to be remediated. It caused groundbreaking to be delayed a couple of months. Closing date is set mid-December and construction should start after the first of the year.

Can you let us know what the environmental problem was?

The Shops at Houston Center, aka the Park, is about to undergo a serious redesign/upgrade (including a "plug and play" area where people can plug in their ipods, laptops, and phones). I suspect that this is taking place in reaction to the upcoming competition from the Pavillions.

First, it's already under renovation and has been for quite some time. I don't think this is a reaction to the Pavillions proposal. The plans to update Houston Center go back several years, and started with the first phase of renaming the center from the Park Shops, opening ground-level retail on the center's corners, and adding some exterior signage. The interior renovations that started a few months ago were part of the original plan. They may have been enhanced some as a result of the Pavillions project, but the overall makeover of the mall was going to happen anyway.

Just got back from lunch with an architect buddy. As we drove by the Pavillions site, he mentioned (again) that he is good friends with one of the architects on this project. I asked if it was still on, and he said yes, that his friend tells him often to not get too busy because he'll have lots of work for him on this project. Last time they talked was about 2 weeks ago.

My hearsay is only once removed, so it is better hearsay than semipro's thrice removed hearsay. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I thought this thread suppose to be Houston Pavilions, not about Houston Center. All y'all doing making this tread longer by talking off topic.

Can we get on topic and talk about when this Pavilion get's built? I want news about the Pavilions, not Houston Center, I careless about.

The Pavilions do not an island make.

Roll with it, yo?

B)

Can we get on topic and talk about when this Pavilion get's built? I want news about the Pavilions, not Houston Center, I careless about.

Hey, I thought you said this was a No-GO? Back on post #686, you said it was off. Why are you now asking when it will be built?

Were you shinin' us, semipro?

Most of the ground floor is service areas, loading docks, and parking, so they probably either can't or see no reason for adding windows.

Could they not convert the parking area on the ground floor in to shop that face the streets? At least the exterior part of the parking structure?

There still is some retail space on the ground floor that isn't parking.

see

I'm sure the area that is parking can be converted to retail.

i5uoa0.gif<------the side of the building that is on Austin St this area the faces the park and could be more accessible to the public if it was open on the ground floor with shops

Edited by eelimon

I wrote to the e-mail address provided on www.houstonpavilions.com. Here's the reply:

"XXXXX:

Thanks for your interest in Houston Pavilions. We will be closing on the land this week, and will have a major public announcement right after the 1st of the new year.

William Denton"

I wrote to the e-mail address provided on www.houstonpavilions.com. Here's the reply:

"XXXXX:

Thanks for your interest in Houston Pavilions. We will be closing on the land this week, and will have a major public announcement right after the 1st of the new year.

William Denton"

Well, THAT sounds pretty encouraging. Gives us something to look forward to.