Old Fiesta At I-10 At Blalock

NancyB

Good to see that this space will be re-used.

One of the great things about Houston is that a successful international market moving out can be followed by a different type of international market and be just as successful!

Hrm... i wonder how it will do.

Yes, I wonder. There is another Asian Market, Super H, right down the street from there at Blalock and Westview in the former Randalls. It is a pretty big place and always crowded. It has an Asian food court inside and a dept. of cooking utensils etc. and huge produce section. Everything you could imagine in the way of imported Asian goods. It even has a little French Bakery.

Yes, I wonder. There is another Asian Market, Super H, right down the street from there at Blalock and Westview in the former Randalls. It is a pretty big place and always crowded. It has an Asian food court inside and a dept. of cooking utensils etc. and huge produce section. Everything you could imagine in the way of imported Asian goods. It even has a little French Bakery.

Not to mention there's another, equally popular Asian market in the other direction: Komart, at Gessner and I-10. Who knew this corridor of I-10 was turning into the city's third Chinatown? ;)

Super H Mart is incredible, though. Favorite Asian market in the city, probably my second favorite store overall (behind Central Market). Their food court is wonderful, too -- if you can stake out a table, that is. :) Kimchee fried rice FTW!

Suzanne Anderson, a regional leasing director with Weingarten, says the parking lot will be restriped to maximize the number of available parking spaces.

compact cars only.

Probably necessary. When Fiesta failed, they stated the reason was insufficient parking due to the freeway expansion.

Have you tried anything from their bakery? Everything I've gotten there is DELICIOUS!!

That is funny, my dad said the same thing. He goes on the weekends and picks up a few things. I will have to check it out.

Probably necessary. When Fiesta failed, they stated the reason was insufficient parking due to the freeway expansion.

They could always bring down the small strip center for more parking.

• 7 months later...

Suzanne Anderson, a regional leasing director with Weingarten, says the parking lot will be restriped to maximize the number of available parking spaces.

compact cars only.

what it will also mean will be plenty of big trucks/suvs attempting to park in compact car spaces. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Old Fiesta At I-10 At Blalock

Archived