Christmas Music You Hate!

Subdude

After all, there's a topic about the ones we like.

My personal least favorite?

So This Is Christmas, by John Lennon and Yoko Bono.

Me too! I've never liked that one at all.

"christmas shoes". poor kid buys mom shoes and the mom dies before she gets them or something like that. it's a real downer. hate it.

Wow. Never heard that one and I don't believe I want to.

I hate almost anything done by a popular singer or group. Every year it's inevitable. Every currently popular singer and their uncle has to come out with a Christmas CD. Some of which probably don't even celebrate Christmas. They're usually filled with run-of-the-mill bores or cheesy as heck original compositions. And all their little fanboys and fangirls eat it up. I've been there and I'm ashamed. I have a handfull of those CDs in my drawer right now. I bought one once that I can't even mention. I hawked in on Ebay a few years ago and made a little profit.

I don't like the Christmas Shoes one either. Or the other one that used to be a song about a couple of rednecks exes who meet in a grocery store and reminisce about old times. Yeah, nothing says Christmas like drinking beer in a parking lot all night.

Even worse is that awful Paul McCartney disaster "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time." I always mangle the lyrics in my head to go, "We've simply written the world's worst Christmas song."

Another nominee: The Carpenters' version of "No Place Like Home For The Holidays."

I'm OK with the hippopotamus song, mostly because it's old school.

Some of which probably don't even celebrate Christmas.

Barbara Streisand is notable for this. How many Christmas albums does she have now?

"christmas shoes". poor kid buys mom shoes and the mom dies before she gets them or something like that. it's a real downer. hate it.

I was just about to post that one.

Even worse is that awful Paul McCartney disaster "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time." I always mangle the lyrics in my head to go, "We've simply written the world's worst Christmas song."

That's pretty awful too.

I'll also add my pet peeve of making a song that has nothing to do with Christmas into a "Christmas" song. Perfect example — "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. The song has nothing to do with Christmas, but this time of year you hear it on the radio, and it's shown up on countless Christmas albums produced over the last 10-15 years.

I was subjected to some bad Christmas music at Wendy's today. There was some R&B song, some woman singing. Something about Christmastime and cheer, Christmas tree, baby, yeah yeah yeah followed by some bad vocal gymnastics. Eh.

That's pretty awful too.

I'll also add my pet peeve of making a song that has nothing to do with Christmas into a "Christmas" song. Perfect example

Santa Baby.

Makes you think it might be a good idea to stick sharp pencils in your ears.

I don't mind the original Eartha Kitt version, but the Madonna one is over the top.

Just yesterday I found out there's an original original version by Eartha Kitt where she doesn't try to sound like Betty Boop. It's not as good, though -- a little flat.

I don't mind the original Eartha Kitt version, but the Madonna one is over the top.

Just yesterday I found out there's an original original version by Eartha Kitt where she doesn't try to sound like Betty Boop. It's not as good, though -- a little flat.

I don't mind the Eartha Kitt version. But it is such a rauchy song...

I suppose that I should count my blessings that I have never heard the Madonna version.

I don't mind the Eartha Kitt version. But it is such a rauchy song...

Just think of it as the first half of a two-song set. The second song is where she laments getting coal in her stocking for being such a greedy materialistic wench.

Just think of it as the first half of a two-song set. The second song is where she laments getting coal in her stocking for being such a greedy materialistic wench.

...Or, according to the commercial for male enhancement with the 'Santa' who all the women are talking about, something much bigger.

LOL

Archived