Texas UFO crash

editor

I'm watching a show on the History Channel about a UFO crash in Aurora, Texas in 1897. It's very interesting. They equate it to the Roswell incident and showed several clippings from the Dallas Morning News about it.

According to the newspaper articles displayed, the ship (or a similar one) was also seen in Harris County.

Anyone been to Aurora? Does anyone believe a UFO crashed near Fort Worth 111 years ago?

I saw that very same show, it was interesting but despite all the "evidence" they gathered and the dismissal of a lot of skeptics' claims (like the existence of the windmill, the existence of the well, the metal recovered and that they discovered in the tree), the whole thing is pretty inconclusive.

Can they get permission to go dig up the "alien grave" and settle it once and for all?? Be a shame if it were empty, and if it were I'm sure a government cover-up story would come out about how Government officials dug up the grave decades ago to remove the evidence... I'm a believer that we are not alone, and that some stories of encounters and alien abduction are very possibly true, but don't know about this one...

There was a show that followed it when I watched it called "The Gray's Agenda". Anyone see it? Scary stuff.

I didn't see the show but the Aurora crash has been the subject of controversy for many years. My personal feeling is that, yes, something crashed and exploded, and no, it was not alien.

Michael Busby's book _Solving the 1897 Airship Mystery_ makes a fairly convincing claim based on newspaper accounts and careful plotting of the location of the sightings, that a small group of adventurers built a few electrically powered hydrogen filled lighter than air airships. Apparently, the early days of flight experimentation were very secretive, and these guys played it close to the vest. There were so many sightings over such a wide area of the US that it's impossible to think that all of them were fake stories. It was a dangerous hobby, and the reason the sightings stopped was that eventually all the airships crashed. Busby's explanation for the alien body is that the pilot was burned beyond recognition in the crash.

My two favorite local UFO sightings are the West Columbia deputy-sheriff sighting and pursuit of a giant dark object which gave off "healing" UV radiation (Bailey's Prairie, 1965)

and the Jones Creek sighting of a craft landing in deep woods in 1959.

I'm watching a show on the History Channel about a UFO crash in Aurora, Texas in 1897. It's very interesting. They equate it to the Roswell incident and showed several clippings from the Dallas Morning News about it.

According to the newspaper articles displayed, the ship (or a similar one) was also seen in Harris County.

Anyone been to Aurora? Does anyone believe a UFO crashed near Fort Worth 111 years ago?

I saw this a few months back. It didn't really have a very high degree of credibility IMO.

I don't doubt that people see and experience strange things; perhaps "Unidentified Flying Object" is an adequate if open-ended descriptor and I do think that there's almost certainly intelligent life somewhere out there in the vastness of the universe, but none of that means that people are actually sighting interstellar craft created by intelligent beings from another world.

The amount of energy that would be necessary even to accelerate a craft to such a speed as would be practical for maneuvering within our atmosphere as has been reported (much less interstellar travel) would require such tremendous energy as is hard to comprehend, much less harness. And if such energy could be harnessed, then our visitors probably would have destroyed themselves at some point either accidentally or as a result of war or psychopathic behavior (as we probably will if and when humans are able to achieve that level of technology).

I saw this a few months back. It didn't really have a very high degree of credibility IMO.

I don't doubt that people see and experience strange things; perhaps "Unidentified Flying Object" is an adequate if open-ended descriptor and I do think that there's almost certainly intelligent life somewhere out there in the vastness of the universe, but none of that means that people are actually sighting interstellar craft created by intelligent beings from another world.

The amount of energy that would be necessary even to accelerate a craft to such a speed as would be practical for maneuvering within our atmosphere as has been reported (much less interstellar travel) would require such tremendous energy as is hard to comprehend, much less harness. And if such energy could be harnessed, then our visitors probably would have destroyed themselves at some point either accidentally or as a result of war or psychopathic behavior (as we probably will if and when humans are able to achieve that level of technology).

I don't even bother to wrap my brain around the physics. I just think, "Why bother?" Why would beings from another planet bother to visit here. Certainly there are more interesting places in the universe.

Also, I'm not sure why we always assume that beings from another planet would be more advanced than we are. If we all started at the same time in the big bang, then we should all have had pretty much the same amount of time to develop and evolve. I don't think that things from another planet would be that much farther ahead than we are.

I don't even bother to wrap my brain around the physics. I just think, "Why bother?" Why would beings from another planet bother to visit here. Certainly there are more interesting places in the universe.

Also, I'm not sure why we always assume that beings from another planet would be more advanced than we are. If we all started at the same time in the big bang, then we should all have had pretty much the same amount of time to develop and evolve. I don't think that things from another planet would be that much farther ahead than we are.

Probably because after they figured out how to harness the energy source allowing interstellar travel, they used it to annhillate their homeworld, and now, relegated to space, they're sending out numerous scout craft, seeking a new homeworld.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :P

...nah, valid point.

Actually, the difference of even a few thousand years of post-industrial technological development could be the deciding factor. In the context of deep time, that's nothing. Also consider that their starting resources may have been vastly superior or that they may have evolved to be more intelligent or otherwise ordered their society in such a way that research was paramount to their existence. Put all that into the vastness of the universe, and if such technology can be developed, it probably already has been.

If beings from another planet aren't more technologically advanced than us, then they won't be visiting us. And the big bang didn't start life on this planet, or tool use among primates, or agriculture or any of the other events that had to happen for us to start exploring space. Life on other planets could have been exploring space for millions of years by now. Maybe even billions.

UFO over Minute Maid Park:

houston_ufo1.jpg

houston_ufo2.jpg

Looks a lot like one of those high mast light assemblies you see on the freeways. You see? TxDOT is behind this, they serve some sort of nefarious purpose, as they detach from the posts and hover over the city for deeds unknown. That's why every freeway in town is getting them! :lol:

there was an article a while back in the paper..the short of it is, somehow the town was dying (freeway bypass or something) and this was created to generate interest. The original grave had been moved and no one was real sure of the original location.

I posted a story here about a year ago about some strange events I witnessed growing up next to Addicks Dam. I said I did not believe in ETs or aliens but stated what I had seen and was made fun of by all the sceptics. The subject thread was about the two circles behind the dam seen from aireal photos. A group went out there and using GPS located the circles and concluded they were probably made by people of the town of Addicks that is gone now. One has a cross in it. Because of some military exercises and mutilated cattle found in the same area, some here on this site made all kinds of rude jokes and related it to x-files and outer limits tv shows. I have not been back until now and you are talking about ufo's. Looks like the sceptics are still here but the topics are more open minded. Well things have changed, I do believe now and I am still seeing the same thing just a little further out from Houston. I now live in Katy and for the last two months bright circles are flying over my neighborhood making eratic manuvers with strobbing lights like they are communicating with each other. I am not even sujesting these are from another world, but if you saw them you would think so, I promiss you. These flying ships are not trying to hide or be stealth but are appearing in the early evening close to major roads like I-10 and Grand Parkway. Night after night we all watch them and video them but the police and military deny anything is up there. Planes or balloons they say. Some have posted the videos on you-tube but the rest of us know this is a waste of time because the sceptics will say we are using drugs, we are mistaken and there is a logical explination. Not even reverse engineering could make something like the 3 ufo's we keep seeing. The human body could not pull the g force that these crafts are pulling and the military has other places to test thier secret aircraft. Again, like my first story about the dam, black helicopters are present and interested in what's going on in the Katy, Texas over the last 2 months. Maybe something in our water has made the hole community go mad. Google katy texas ufo and read for youself before you you start casting stones.

I posted a story here about a year ago about some strange events I witnessed growing up next to Addicks Dam. I said I did not believe in ETs or aliens but stated what I had seen and was made fun of by all the sceptics. The subject thread was about the two circles behind the dam seen from aireal photos. A group went out there and using GPS located the circles and concluded they were probably made by people of the town of Addicks that is gone now. One has a cross in it. Because of some military exercises and mutilated cattle found in the same area, some here on this site made all kinds of rude jokes and related it to x-files and outer limits tv shows. I have not been back until now and you are talking about ufo's. Looks like the sceptics are still here but the topics are more open minded. Well things have changed, I do believe now and I am still seeing the same thing just a little further out from Houston. I now live in Katy and for the last two months bright circles are flying over my neighborhood making eratic manuvers with strobbing lights like they are communicating with each other. I am not even sujesting these are from another world, but if you saw them you would think so, I promiss you. These flying ships are not trying to hide or be stealth but are appearing in the early evening close to major roads like I-10 and Grand Parkway. Night after night we all watch them and video them but the police and military deny anything is up there. Planes or balloons they say. Some have posted the videos on you-tube but the rest of us know this is a waste of time because the sceptics will say we are using drugs, we are mistaken and there is a logical explination. Not even reverse engineering could make something like the 3 ufo's we keep seeing. The human body could not pull the g force that these crafts are pulling and the military has other places to test thier secret aircraft. Again, like my first story about the dam, black helicopters are present and interested in what's going on in the Katy, Texas over the last 2 months. Maybe something in our water has made the hole community go mad. Google katy texas ufo and read for youself before you you start casting stones.

Welcome back!

I love UFO Hunters, but I am always a bit skeptical... I mean, with all these hi-rez camera and people with all these hi-tech devices, we still get blurry images of stuff in the sky.

It's like Bigfoot ... I would love to believe it, but how come all the picture are blurry and a 1/2 second too late.

I got a really great shot of the Loch Ness Monster a few years back, but before I could get it developed, my camera was abducted by a red, weird-looking creature in a spaceship. Scared the hell outta me.

Wait a minute! Red? Scared? Hmmmmm, I wonder . . . . . ?

Archived