Spectacular Butterfly Roof MOD In Pearland

marmer

I've posted photos of this house before. It's been on the market for several months, originally at $300,000; now at $175,000.

I think the photos and interior decoration don't do it justice; I believe this very well could be the steal of the year. Sure would hate to see this one demo'ed and the lot subdivided.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Could very well be the steal of the year. But that area is changing very rapidly with a lot of low end development. Someone is going to get this for the land and 3 1/2 acres will feed someones idea of a mini development that are found all over that area of Houston.

Wow, what a price drop, will probably change "who does what" with it. Really hate to think about it, but you are probably right. Too bad, the acreage itself is really nice, not to mention the house.

we drove the area and its very industrial and the houses around it are cheap rundown houses from the 70`s. I have lived in some bad areas, but this is bad and depressing.

There is some light industrial to the east and north, but there are also a lot of trees, including a densely wooded tract just to the east. The neighborhoods across Orange are from the 70s but they don't seem all that rundown to me. I would in fact lean the other direction. Several other nearby houses just to the west are large, new, and on large lots. There are some pretty substantial mod-inspired houses just to the other side of that wooded tract, and I think the front yard is quite lovely. True, the railroad track is half a mile away, but that's true for all the houses in the area. True, there are some pretty squalid examples of rural blight to the north on Mykawa, but it certainly seems well buffered by all the trees and land. It's a working class neighborhood but I don't hear a lot about crime there.

Yes, there does seem to be one other house close by. There are also several outbuildings and sheds and what looks like a swimming pool. Those seem like good things to me. I used to drive by every day because it was on my way home and it never seemed like a bad, or even ugly, area. Quite the contrary.

There is some light industrial to the east and north, but there are also a lot of trees, including a densely wooded tract just to the east. The neighborhoods across Orange are from the 70s but they don't seem all that rundown to me. I would in fact lean the other direction. Several other nearby houses just to the west are large, new, and on large lots. There are some pretty substantial mod-inspired houses just to the other side of that wooded tract, and I think the front yard is quite lovely. True, the railroad track is half a mile away, but that's true for all the houses in the area. True, there are some pretty squalid examples of rural blight to the north on Mykawa, but it certainly seems well buffered by all the trees and land. It's a working class neighborhood but I don't hear a lot about crime there.

Yes, there does seem to be one other house close by. There are also several outbuildings and sheds and what looks like a swimming pool. Those seem like good things to me. I used to drive by every day because it was on my way home and it never seemed like a bad, or even ugly, area. Quite the contrary.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here marmer, I used to drive this are pretty frequently. I will say though that I would be worried about potential development around these houses. I think it is prime land for someone to come in and throw up apartments especially just to the east. And that would be a disaster, I am afraid Pearland, alot of it, is falling prey to the new flight from southeast and south west Houston and it is not better for it.

Marmer...spill the beans...how are you associated with this house? I cant see anything being developed here. It really reminds me of growing up in Channelview, which isnt a bad thing, just not something I would ever repeat.

Just remembered, when we were driving thru there were alot of mobile homes (trailers) all over the place...so its a long term gamble. Pearland is obviously developing in another direction and leaving this area behind.

Edited by GREASER

Marmer...spill the beans...how are you associated with this house? I cant see anything being developed here. It really reminds me of growing up in Channelview, which isnt a bad thing, just not something I would ever repeat.

Just remembered, when we were driving thru there were alot of mobile homes (trailers) all over the place...so its a long term gamble. Pearland is obviously developing in another direction and leaving this area behind.

I'm really not associated with it. Just, while the McLean Road bridge was under construction for four months last spring and summer, I drove by it every day on my way home from work. I rarely see houses like that in Pearland, and I noticed it was for sale. It looks architect-designed to me, though I don't think the banana-yellow paint scheme is particularly flattering. My interest is just that I'd hate to see it torn down and the area redeveloped. If I was in the market for a house, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've lived in Pearland since 1990 and my house isn't too far from here so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Mykawa and Brookside can be sketchy but I think there are plenty of nice wooded lots in Brookside that have nice houses too. There are a lot of trailers in Pearland, including a few on Mykawa just south of here. When we bought our house, I raised the trailer question and the sales agent told me that there are trailers within two miles of almost every house in Pearland.

I would love to buy this house and land. I would love to own 3 acres (to retire on), even in that part of Pearland. I just love the idea of owning a big property like that. But we are weary of our commute as it is and we're in Willowbend! 10 minute drive to drop my wife off at the Galleria and 20 more down to Sugar Land against traffic where I work and that's about my limit for driving. We're doing it all with one car right now. Talk about living in the 50s...

I've got my fingers crossed for this house. I bet if one did some digging they would find a good story behind this house, possibly with the name Floyd attached. Or maybe it's one of those magazine houses, like a Better Homes plan book house.

Jason

I'm really not associated with it. Just, while the McLean Road bridge was under construction for four months last spring and summer, I drove by it every day on my way home from work. I rarely see houses like that in Pearland, and I noticed it was for sale. It looks architect-designed to me, though I don't think the banana-yellow paint scheme is particularly flattering. My interest is just that I'd hate to see it torn down and the area redeveloped. If I was in the market for a house, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've lived in Pearland since 1990 and my house isn't too far from here so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Mykawa and Brookside can be sketchy but I think there are plenty of nice wooded lots in Brookside that have nice houses too. There are a lot of trailers in Pearland, including a few on Mykawa just south of here. When we bought our house, I raised the trailer question and the sales agent told me that there are trailers within two miles of almost every house in Pearland.

• The title was changed to Spectacular Butterfly Roof MOD In Pearland