2009 Nissan GT-R

TJones

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you buy tjones...(or anyone else w/exp)

06 gs lexus w/32k miles or 07 acura tl w/25k miles? Due to the recession they are very similar in price...(mid $20k range)

Also, what do you know about Infiniti's (06 G35 sedan)? Longevity, etc

Not surprised. When the redesigned Z came out (5 years ago? 6?) I was shopping them at 40K easy without any options. With the engine and option upgrade and a few models later, no surprise they're pushing toward 100K.

I remember when the audi TT came out and I was just starting to make good money, I loved that car. And while my peers were buying 60K cars, I could not even part with 30. I love shiny and fast, but I love my money more, I guess.

I like that boxy little Kia from the car show that Subdude posted. My kind of ride.

Not surprised. When the redesigned Z came out (5 years ago? 6?) I was shopping them at 40K easy without any options. With the engine and option upgrade and a few models later, no surprise they're pushing toward 100K.

I remember when the audi TT came out and I was just starting to make good money, I loved that car. And while my peers were buying 60K cars, I could not even part with 30. I love shiny and fast, but I love my money more, I guess.

I like that boxy little Kia from the car show that Subdude posted. My kind of ride.

This is not a Z - it's a new (to the US) model for Nissan....

The Z currently has a base price of 28,500 and goes up (quickly) from there....

The Nissan GT-R is a full-fledged supercar at a "regular guy" price.

Top Gear had a go with it a couple of times in recently, and it's a charmer of a car. The price above is MSRP, which is good considering how rare this car is. If the economy wasn't hurting so much, it would be going for way above MSRP with a waiting list a year long.

torrent download:

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/11/4/

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/11/5/

Crunch, this isn't a redesigned "Z" car. Those are coming in a couple of months. THis car FAR exceeds the Z's capabilities. Think Ferrari or Lamborghini for a quarter of the cost.

Crunch, this isn't a redesigned "Z" car. Those are coming in a couple of months. THis car FAR exceeds the Z's capabilities. Think Ferrari or Lamborghini for a quarter of the cost.

Think 3.3 second 0-60. Think 11.6 second quarter mile. It's a beast.

I know, what I meant was if Nissan's top of the line sportscar was going for as much as it was a few years ago (the fully loaded Z) then it's not surprising that the new top end ride is 80 grand.

Unless that time was in the high 2's.... I say they missed their mark. I need a car with some real acceleration.

You have just proven you have NO IDEA what you are yammering about.

Just for giggles, what car would YOU consider to have the competitive edge (high 2's 0-60) over the GT-R for the same price ?

Ok, here's the deal. I have one Black and one Gunmetal 2009 Nissan GT-R Premium Pkg. for sale. Special price for HAIF member or anyone who is a HAIF member referring a customer. Thanks for your help, and if you referring a customer to me, please PM me. Price is only $79999.00 , Thanks all.

post-1279-1227659811_thumb.jpg

I was thinking about getting one. A brand new one is 79k right? Nissan was discouraging dealers to sell over MSRP when it came out earlier this year. Whether the dealers are heeding the advice, who knows. How many miles do you have on this already?

You have just proven you have NO IDEA what you are yammering about.

Just for giggles, what car would YOU consider to have the competitive edge (high 2's 0-60) over the GT-R for the same price ?

Yes, this car screams! i|It has a few record times at Nurburging.BTW, this car looks alot better in person and has a monstrous look to it! You can say it is not photogenic. I saw someone drive one a couple of months ago with a bra.

I was thinking about getting one. A brand new one is 79k right? Nissan was discouraging dealers to sell over MSRP when it came out earlier this year. Whether the dealers are heeding the advice, who knows. How many miles do you have on this already?

I read that the "premium" version was actually selling for $89k.

Yes, this car screams! i|It has a few record times at Nurburging.BTW, this car looks alot better in person and has a monstrous look to it! You can say it is not photogenic. I saw someone drive one a couple of months ago with a bra.

Sifu, the Black has 30 miles on it, and the Gunmetal has about 32 miles I think. Both are brand new. You should go find that person you saw driving with the bra on it, and pull them out and give them a proper beatdown !

Sifu, the Black has 30 miles on it, and the Gunmetal has about 32 miles I think. Both are brand new. You should go find that person you saw driving with the bra on it, and pull them out and give them a proper beatdown !

You sure it wasn't you driving the gunmetal with that black bra...lol

BugattiVeyron0.jpg

Bugatti Veyron (fastest accelerating production car in the world) does 0-60 in 2.46 seconds. Of course, it's about $1.4 million.

...ahhhh.... yes. Now we're talking... Hopefully, you can hit that 0-60 time in first gear... I wish I had this car when I was Germany a few months ago. =( All I had was an anemic 4-cylinder Ford station wagon. All it could do was 100 mph. =(

...ahhhh.... yes. Now we're talking... Hopefully, you can hit that 0-60 time in first gear... I wish I had this car when I was Germany a few months ago. =( All I had was an anemic 4-cylinder Ford station wagon. All it could do was 100 mph. =(

You may be able to buy a front tire, fender, a shock and sway bar for your $80k Bryan. You are on your way though. :lol:

Ok, here's the deal. I have one Black and one Gunmetal 2009 Nissan GT-R Premium Pkg. for sale. Special price for HAIF member or anyone who is a HAIF member referring a customer. Thanks for your help, and if you referring a customer to me, please PM me. Price is only $79999.00 , Thanks all.

post-1279-1227659811_thumb.jpg

And NO warranty on the transmission.. What a deal. :lol:

And NO warranty on the transmission.. What a deal. :lol:

First off I will ask you who is feeding you that misinformation and ...

2.)For the duration of the Powertrain Warranty (5 years/60k miles), I will provide you with alternate transportation when your vehicle is brought in for service (warranty, scheduled maintenance, required adjustments). 3yr. 36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 5yr. 60,000 mile POWERTRAIN, pssssttt...Sky, your transmission is part of the powertrain on a car/truck. ;)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=n...amp;btnG=Search

Read up on what your hawkin' there bro...

LOL! That is your evidence ? There isn't one manufacturer out there that WILL cover the tranny, if the owner is purposefully abusing it trying to do "NASA launches", be it a Viper, Vette, Porsche, YUGO. C'mon chief, put the crackpipe down.

I will simply put this up for you to read and go to page 9.

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/gtr/...009_GTR_WIB.pdf

LOL! That is your evidence ? There isn't one manufacturer out there that WILL cover the tranny, if the owner is purposefully abusing it trying to do "NASA launches", be it a Viper, Vette, Porsche, YUGO. C'mon chief, put the crackpipe down.

Tell us about the waiver that a purchaser must sign at delivery concerning driving with the traction control switched off.

Tell us about a log book for every car tracking how many transmissions have been repaired or replaced. Sounds like an underdesigned POS to me.

Tell us about the waiver that a purchaser must sign at delivery concerning driving with the traction control switched off.

Tell us about a log book for every car tracking how many transmissions have been repaired or replaced. Sounds like an underdesigned POS to me.

Ok, first off it is not a waiver. It is a GT-R Customer Disclosure Form. It simply outlines what YOU as an owner must do with the vehicle and the type of upkeep it requires in order to keep the warranty intact. On the first page, in BOLD print, it tells the new owner to "please carefully read your Owner's Manual, and Nissan GT-R warranty Booklet, and Service Manual, BEFORE operating." There isn't any mention of the VDC on or off on this form, the form just insures to tell you to READ YOUR MANUAL, which tells you about the VDC, no less than 3 times BEFORE you sign off on it. Oh, and apparently you haven't read page 9 yet, or you would have seen the thing about driving with the VDC off. All I can do is tell the customer to read about it, it is up to them whether they do or not.

The GT-Rs are equipped with "Black Boxes" just like Jetplanes that tell every little RPM and MPH that you have been traveling or for how long you were redlining it, before you cratered the engine, or in this case, a transmission. 20 hardcore "Nasa launches" in a row and something is gonna give, and only an amateur driver would think otherwise.

I am not aware any "log" of replaced GT-R trannies, I would love to see it, if you have one. Out of the 4 I have sold here, there hasn't been any replaced, and not one of anybody else's have come in for any type of replacement. So, out of the 1500 being made, how many trannies have been repaired or replaced due to owner negligence ?

So, it isn't about underdesigned anything, it is about Idiots getting behind the wheel of a supercar and not having a clue about how to take care of it, not knowing about break-in periods for engines and such, it's about Morons NOT reading their owner's manuals when they have been instructed to do so more than once before leaving the dealership.

I would be happy to fax over a copy of this form to you. Perhaps that would ease your mind ?

New prices ladies and gents. Gunmetal is now $82,999, but the Black one has to go up to $83,999. Sorry about that, but the Black is more sought after than the Gunmetal.

Archived