Sharpstown Industrial Park Railroad

theoriginalkj

I park at Hillcroft Transit Center every day and just east of Hillcroft in the middle of the Harwin are these short railroad tracks. I don't see these railroad tracks on any of the railroad maps of Houston that I've seen over the years. Do any of you bright Haif'ers know where these tracks led to, who's railroad this was, and when they were pulled up?

http://www.lighthouseproductions.com/storage/rail.jpg

I park at Hillcroft Transit Center every day and just east of Hillcroft in the middle of the Harwin are these short railroad tracks. I don't see these railroad tracks on any of the railroad maps of Houston that I've seen over the years. Do any of you bright Haif'ers know where these tracks led to, who's railroad this was, and when they were pulled up?

There were a set of tracks at one time along the alignment of the Westpark Toll Road. This is probably a remnant of a spur serving a private industrial facility that has since relocated.

• 8 months later...

There were a set of tracks at one time along the alignment of the Westpark Toll Road. This is probably a remnant of a spur serving a private industrial facility that has since relocated.

Yes, it was a former spur rail to serve the Sharpstown Industrial Park.

Attached picture shows a topo where you can see it curved off former railroad (now in location of Westpark Tollway) and went south to Harwin.

14th Street is in the same alignment so that must have been when the rail was pulled up.

post-8711-12494935755917_thumb.jpg

• The title was changed to Railroad In The Middle Of Harwin?
  • The title was changed to Sharpstown Industrial Park Railroad

Archived