Jesse H. Jones High School At 7414 St. Lo Rd.

I have an idea: Jones High School should be converted into a magnet school complex. Its population would be redistributed between Worthing and Sterling High Schools.

So, what does this mean?

First let's look at the enrollment trends of the schools:

* Jones: http://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/schools/...503/school.aspx

* Worthing: http://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/schools/...619/school.aspx

* Sterling: http://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/schools/...592/school.aspx

And the attendance boundaries:

* Jones: http://dept.houstonisd.org/ab/schoolboundarymaps/JonesHS.pdf

* Worthing: http://dept.houstonisd.org/ab/schoolbounda.../WorthingHS.pdf

* Sterling: http://dept.houstonisd.org/ab/schoolbounda.../SterlingHS.pdf

The reason why Jones is between Worthing and Sterling like that is because Jones and Sterling were White schools and Worthing was a Black school (i.e. segregation).

So, what could we do with Jones? As a regular school it is in very close proximity to two others and seems kind of redundant.

Ah, but the Jones campus and name could live on. HISD has Barbara Jordan, a vocational high school, on the north side. We could turn Jones into a vocational magnet, like Jordan, for students on the south side. That way, people do not have to travel all the way north. Also, because HISD now allows out district kids to go to HISD schools for free, we could see students from Alvin, Pearland, and/or Pasadena ISDs go to this school if HISD successfully markets the school.

Jones could also have an all-girls magnet school; in Austin and Dallas there have been all-girls schools established. Houston could do the same. Or Houston could establish a military academy (Philadelphia and Chicago have military academy public schools). Depending on the size of the programs, Jones could have one or more of them.

• Like 1

every school on earth can't be a magnet school.....much to the chagrin of you and lil johnny "funbaby" edwards there needs to be schools for kids who don't care about education and for the kids of parent(s) that don't care about their kids or their kids education or future.....when people who do care about their kids and their kids education and future move away from schools that have become infested by the others or they invest in a private education for their children then the answer is to shut those schools down that have become under utilized instead of trying to force them to be something they are not and or trying to lure smart kids back to disguise the fact that the school is mostly full of failures

people move away from areas and schools for a reason....just because you and lil johnny "funbaby" edwards are blind to the reasons does not mean the rest of us are....the answer is to make students and parents (yes both even if it means tracking them down with a threat of being jailed if they are not already in jail) accountable for their failures instead of trying to gloss over their failures with magnet school schemes

and currently there are more females going to college than males so the time of catering to females needs to come to an end....if they want to be equal then they can compete equally

lastly I don't think dallas, chicago, or philladelphia are the places that anyone would want to model their public education after unless corruption and failure is your goal

the real answer is of course 100% education vouchers and 100% educational choice so people can live where they want and choose to send their kids to the type of school they desire instead of constantly having to move for the sake of their kids future and their education

1. I wasn't saying that HISD should convert every zoned school into a magnet - Just Jones. If you look on a map - Worthing and Sterling are both in-between Jones. The "kids who don't care" could be mostly divided between those two schools, while Jones simply becomes a big magnet complex.

2. You said "then the answer is to shut those schools down that have become under utilized instead of trying to force them to be something they are not and or trying to lure smart kids back to disguise the fact that the school is mostly full of failures " - Erm, Jones High School wouldn't even be what it used to be. There would be no more zoned kids. By converting it into an all-magnet Jones's character would completely change. It would not be tied down to a single attendance area; it would instead be able to attract anyone from around HISD and even some outside of HISD.

3. You said: "and currently there are more females going to college than males so the time of catering to females needs to come to an end....if they want to be equal then they can compete equally" - this is why universities are now taking boys with relatively fewer qualifications and more girls are finding rejection letters. Anyway, I think that zoned gender-segregated schools are wrong, but gender-segregated magnets are alright as long as they are within U.S. federal gender rules. - A boys magnet could be established in another former elementary school, middle school, or high school as a brother school to this one.

4. You said: "lastly I don't think dallas, chicago, or philladelphia are the places that anyone would want to model their public education after unless corruption and failure is your goal" - I wasn't saying "model the entire HISD after these places" - I was saying "model a girls' school after these girls' schools" - In large school districts, schools, not school districts, educate children.

5. You said: "the real answer is of course 100% education vouchers and 100% educational choice so people can live where they want and choose to send their kids to the type of school they desire instead of constantly having to move for the sake of their kids future and their education" Many prestigious private schools may not like that. They may raise tuitions to cancel the effect of the vouchers, or choose to limit the voucher effects. Remember that as of writing the TEA does NOT govern private schools in Texas. Plus the voucher issues are very politically divisive. It is easier, politically and mentally, to simply establish more magnet schools.

By the way, Vines, Brazoria County has no small high schools, public or private. Pasadena ISD has no magnet high schools. This means HISD can attract people from northern Brazoria (Pearland, Alvin), the Pasadena ISD parts of Houston, and the City of South Houston to attend HISD magnet schools in southern Houston.

http://www.houstonisd.org/portal/site/Magn...00028147fa6RCRD

according to this HISD website HISD currently has 27 magnet schools INCLUDING STERLING and WORTHING.....so again how many more do they need

according to these two very recent stories HISD is struggling to bus kids all over town to try and social engineer failing schools already

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...an/6093082.html

$1,180 per magnet school student just in busing over and above the $220 per regular student spent on busing

I do not expect that every private school will take any and all voucher students.......in fact that is EXACTLY the point of vouchers.....so that schools can choose who to take based on any and all factors besides race.....so that kids that "axe a fo" all day and have parents that come up and get in teachers faces because their kids don't do their homework can be EXCLUDED from schools where students have parents that care and desire to get an education....parents that desire to have politically correct BS shoved down their kids throats VS being educated can send their kids to those schools.....parents can CHOOSE a school for their kids where a uniform is or is not required and where discipline is or is not required....or the pledge is or is not said or where God and religion is or is not discussed.....I realize the thought of not being able to indoctrinate students is scary to people such as yourself and the liberal PC poverty pimps, but that day will end soon enough one way or another....and when it does those who's ideas are failed will "shine" like they never have before and those who understand what education means will have even more successful children probably for a lower cost

the only people that this is divisive to are welfare mongers and poverty pimps and I don't give a damn what either of them think.....just tossing more money at the problem might be the ignorant liberal touchy feely response, but that has been shown to fail with regularity

and your last statement proves my point.....most if not all the successful districts in and around Houston have no magnet programs.....yet they are successful.....because the parents of those children have fled the poverty pimp and welfare schools to areas that have wisely found a way to exclude the people that care nothing about their kids or their kids education.....attracting a few of those students back to HISD because their parents see it as a free private education or more convenient to their work so they can take and pick up their kids does nothing to solve the problem of neighborhood after neighborhood and school after school full if ignorant kids with behavior issues that are brought on and encouraged by their worthless parents.....it only paints over the issue and soothes the touchy feelies of people that want to blind themselves to reality and hold no one accountable except for the tax payers wallet

and actually you are wrong the TEA does require accountability of any and all schools that take public funds which would be vouchers though this could change with vouchers for some schools like existing successful private schools.....and most if not all respectable private schools have done quite well without TEA over site and many public schools are failed dumps even after being taken over by the state and TEA....because they are full of ignorant kids with failed parents.....so lack of TEA over site probably only means something to people that are more concerned with social engineering and indoctrination and PC crap than actual education

Edited by TexasVines

BTW HISD has William A. Lawson Institute for Peace and Prosperity, which is an all boys school.

I knew a ton of people that went to private unisex schools including my brother (many of the oldest and most popular)....most are more successful than the average person in later life....but most were also under socialized around the opposite sex (which would be near impossible in todays world)......so I don't see unisex as the answer to anything......it is only a bandaid for the real issue which is lack of respect for education and lack of accountability on the part of the parent and the students

I would imagine of the students from that school were matched up against any of the major private schools (unisex or not) the private school students would come out on top

1. You said: "according to this HISD website HISD currently has 27 magnet schools INCLUDING STERLING and WORTHING.....so again how many more do they need" - Technically Sterling + Worthing are combinations of magnet and regular schools. There are separate all-magnet schools.

2. You said: "according to these two very recent stories HISD is struggling to bus kids all over town to try and social engineer failing schools already" - That was the same article, twice. Anyway, HISD should first focus on cutting administrative costs and closing small neighborhood schools. Also HISD could simply put a rule in place saying that if one is too far from the magnet, then he will instead get to take METRO for free or a reduced price.

3. But this is exactly what is happening with the magnet system.

4. You said: "and your last statement proves my point.....most if not all the successful districts in and around Houston have no magnet programs.....yet they are successful.....because the parents of those children have fled the poverty pimp and welfare schools to areas that have wisely found a way to exclude the people that care nothing about their kids or their kids education...." - It's not that the districts found a way to exclude these "people that care nothing about their kids or their kids education" - if that was the case, suburban schools would never change. Have you seen what happened to the Spring Independent School District?

Look, the proposal to change Jones is not an attempt to "cater" to neighborhood parents at all. It is not an attempt to "social engineer" kids into being better. It's just a way to attract kids who are already top performing from inside and outside the district.

http://www.houstonisd.org/portal/site/Magn...00028147fa6RCRD

according to this HISD website HISD currently has 27 magnet schools INCLUDING STERLING and WORTHING.....so again how many more do they need

according to these two very recent stories HISD is struggling to bus kids all over town to try and social engineer failing schools already

$1,180 per magnet school student just in busing over and above the $220 per regular student spent on busing

I do not expect that every private school will take any and all voucher students.......in fact that is EXACTLY the point of vouchers.....so that schools can choose who to take based on any and all factors besides race.....so that kids that "axe a fo" all day and have parents that come up and get in teachers faces because their kids don't do their homework can be EXCLUDED from schools where students have parents that care and desire to get an education....parents that desire to have politically correct BS shoved down their kids throats VS being educated can send their kids to those schools.....parents can CHOOSE a school for their kids where a uniform is or is not required and where discipline is or is not required....or the pledge is or is not said or where God and religion is or is not discussed.....I realize the thought of not being able to indoctrinate students is scary to people such as yourself and the liberal PC poverty pimps, but that day will end soon enough one way or another....and when it does those who's ideas are failed will "shine" like they never have before and those who understand what education means will have even more successful children probably for a lower cost

the only people that this is divisive to are welfare mongers and poverty pimps and I don't give a damn what either of them think.....just tossing more money at the problem might be the ignorant liberal touchy feely response, but that has been shown to fail with regularity

and your last statement proves my point.....most if not all the successful districts in and around Houston have no magnet programs.....yet they are successful.....because the parents of those children have fled the poverty pimp and welfare schools to areas that have wisely found a way to exclude the people that care nothing about their kids or their kids education.....attracting a few of those students back to HISD because their parents see it as a free private education or more convenient to their work so they can take and pick up their kids does nothing to solve the problem of neighborhood after neighborhood and school after school full if ignorant kids with behavior issues that are brought on and encouraged by their worthless parents.....it only paints over the issue and soothes the touchy feelies of people that want to blind themselves to reality and hold no one accountable except for the tax payers wallet

and actually you are wrong the TEA does require accountability of any and all schools that take public funds which would be vouchers though this could change with vouchers for some schools like existing successful private schools.....and most if not all respectable private schools have done quite well without TEA over site and many public schools are failed dumps even after being taken over by the state and TEA....because they are full of ignorant kids with failed parents.....so lack of TEA over site probably only means something to people that are more concerned with social engineering and indoctrination and PC crap than actual education

Edited by VicMan

the only way cater parent(s) of most of those kids is to toss endless amounts of money and new things at their area and then accept 100% of the blame for their failures as parent(s) and students.....the rest can't be catered to because they can't be found or just don't care....which is why those schools are in such poor shape

you will not have any more "only magnet" schools built because that defeats the REAL purpose of the magnet school programs

HISD already has 27 magnet programs if they can't get in kids from other districts (or private schools) now how many more magnet programs do they really need

It should not be the goal of HISD to attract the students from other districts it should be their goal to provide schools that are of a level of education and safety that parents won't have to pack up and move when their kids reach a certain age or school grade.....and that will never happen without vouchers and 100% school choice because it should be clear to anyone with common sense that large public school districts in large urban settings will fail at this.....because what you fail to see and what the parents of magnet students do see in the other thread you started is that many many many people do not want their kids going to school with free running animals who view school as a play ground and a social wilding experiment with the support of their parent(s)

1. In that case, why worry about doing any of that in the first place? Assuming that this is the case, all that is going to happen is that these kids are going to go to Worthing or Sterling instead of Jones.

2. "you will not have any more "only magnet" schools built because that defeats the REAL purpose of the magnet school programs " - What about North Houston Early College (even though it's not technically "a magnet" - but an internal charter) which was founded around 2007? What about Carnegie, which separated in 2002? Now, I am aware that MCTC was merged into Wheatley. But I heard that this in particular was due to "politics."

3. "HISD already has 27 magnet programs if they can't get in kids from other districts (or private schools) now how many more magnet programs do they really need " - First HISD only recently dropped the tuition fees for out of district students who do not have parents working in HISD. Therefore the incentive is very recent. Second I think that HISD should not only establish more magnet programs, that it should also:

* Seek to take over North Forest Independent School District

* Actively promote the magnet programs in other districts with few or no magnet offerings; no matter how educationally excellent the Pearland ISD schools become, so far there are no "small high schools" for the district and some parents may not want to send Johnny or Suzie to a big high school.

4. You said: "many many many people do not want their kids going to school with free running animals who view school as a play ground and a social wilding experiment with the support of their parent(s)" - Then you should be in favor of this proposal. If you re-read it then there are no attempts whatsoever to mix academically talented students with "free running animals," nor do I understand how you came to that conclusion. If you read the Carnegie Vanguard thread you would see that I was against that particular HISD proposal.

the only way cater parent(s) of most of those kids is to toss endless amounts of money and new things at their area and then accept 100% of the blame for their failures as parent(s) and students.....the rest can't be catered to because they can't be found or just don't care....which is why those schools are in such poor shape

you will not have any more "only magnet" schools built because that defeats the REAL purpose of the magnet school programs

HISD already has 27 magnet programs if they can't get in kids from other districts (or private schools) now how many more magnet programs do they really need

It should not be the goal of HISD to attract the students from other districts it should be their goal to provide schools that are of a level of education and safety that parents won't have to pack up and move when their kids reach a certain age or school grade.....and that will never happen without vouchers and 100% school choice because it should be clear to anyone with common sense that large public school districts in large urban settings will fail at this.....because what you fail to see and what the parents of magnet students do see in the other thread you started is that many many many people do not want their kids going to school with free running animals who view school as a play ground and a social wilding experiment with the support of their parent(s)

1. In that case, why worry about doing any of that in the first place? Assuming that this is the case, all that is going to happen is that these kids are going to go to Worthing or Sterling instead of Jones.

2. "you will not have any more "only magnet" schools built because that defeats the REAL purpose of the magnet school programs " - What about North Houston Early College (even though it's not technically "a magnet" - but an internal charter) which was founded around 2007? What about Carnegie, which separated in 2002? Now, I am aware that MCTC was merged into Wheatley. But I heard that this in particular was due to "politics."

3. "HISD already has 27 magnet programs if they can't get in kids from other districts (or private schools) now how many more magnet programs do they really need " - First HISD only recently dropped the tuition fees for out of district students who do not have parents working in HISD. Therefore the incentive is very recent. Second I think that HISD should not only establish more magnet programs, that it should also:

* Seek to take over North Forest Independent School District

* Actively promote the magnet programs in other districts with few or no magnet offerings; no matter how educationally excellent the Pearland ISD schools become, so far there are no "small high schools" for the district and some parents may not want to send Johnny or Suzie to a big high school.

4. You said: "many many many people do not want their kids going to school with free running animals who view school as a play ground and a social wilding experiment with the support of their parent(s)" - Then you should be in favor of this proposal. If you re-read it then there are no attempts whatsoever to mix academically talented students with "free running animals," nor do I understand how you came to that conclusion. If you read the Carnegie Vanguard thread you would see that I was against that particular HISD proposal.

again you said it yourself MCTC was merged because of politics....why do you think Carnegie is going to be merged....uh because of politics!

it is time to get politics out of the vast majority of kids educations and leave that for the kids of parent(s) that don't give a damn.....buying the parents of Worthing off with a new building that will be trashed in a few years and with the idea that their students will some how look better coming out of a better performing school (because Carnegie was merged in for scoring) even though their kids are still dumb as a stump, is an answer for nothing

until the VAST majority of schools have the ability to tell parents their child is not wanted there and they will not be accepted there because of their behavior, lack of ability and caring about education, or the parents lack of involvement the vast majority of schools and students will suffer

as soon as schools are set up for parents that want to get in THEIR KIDS FACES ABOUT THEIR POOR SCHOOL PERFORMANCE Vs. parents that want to get in teachers and school administrators faces about their kids poor performance the better.....when every parent gets an equal amount for their kids education and the vast majority of kids perform better, even if they go to school in a card board box, because they are away from disruptive savages and their animal parents the sooner we can answer those animal parents with the idea that their child gets the same amount spent on their education and it has nothing to do with money and every thing to do with their poor parenting and their child's poor behavior....as long as HISD and politics is involved this will be IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish....with vouchers the politics is OUT.......and I think that is what scares people like you and others that are opposed to vouchers the most.....because once the politics are out that means the brainwashing and the liberal PC bullshit is out as well and those that buy into that crap will be exposed as poverty pimps and welfare mongols

1. "Politics" is less likely to interfere when a school wins the NCLB Blue Ribbon Award (as Carnegie did) and gets a reputation as one of the best high schools in the City of Houston. In MCTC's case it was never as visible as Carnegie is. It may have had good programs, but it just never got the star power Carnegie got. HISD knows that Carnegie is a goose that lays golden eggs. Also the Carnegie PTO can rally board members in various neighborhoods in favor of its cause.

2. You said: "until the VAST majority of schools have the ability to tell parents their child is not wanted there and they will not be accepted there because of their behavior, lack of ability and caring about education, or the parents lack of involvement the vast majority of schools and students will suffer" - The problem with many zoned schools is precisely that they cannot expel children unless the children commit serious violations. Many of the problems in zoned high schools begin in middle school.

3. You said: "as long as HISD and politics is involved this will be IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish." - Politics is defined by Merriam-Webster as "1 a: the art or science of government b: the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy c: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government" - As HISD is the largest school district in terms of student population in Texas (though gentrification is nibbling away at this designation), politics is inevitable. The thing is to make sure that people act with the children in mind.

4. Why don't you propose more state charters? State charters are not affiliated with local school districts, one. Two, state charters are already allowed. Three, state charters act like de facto magnets.

again you said it yourself MCTC was merged because of politics....why do you think Carnegie is going to be merged....uh because of politics!

it is time to get politics out of the vast majority of kids educations and leave that for the kids of parent(s) that don't give a damn.....buying the parents of Worthing off with a new building that will be trashed in a few years and with the idea that their students will some how look better coming out of a better performing school (because Carnegie was merged in for scoring) even though their kids are still dumb as a stump, is an answer for nothing

until the VAST majority of schools have the ability to tell parents their child is not wanted there and they will not be accepted there because of their behavior, lack of ability and caring about education, or the parents lack of involvement the vast majority of schools and students will suffer

as soon as schools are set up for parents that want to get in THEIR KIDS FACES ABOUT THEIR POOR SCHOOL PERFORMANCE Vs. parents that want to get in teachers and school administrators faces about their kids poor performance the better.....when every parent gets an equal amount for their kids education and the vast majority of kids perform better, even if they go to school in a card board box, because they are away from disruptive savages and their animal parents the sooner we can answer those animal parents with the idea that their child gets the same amount spent on their education and it has nothing to do with money and every thing to do with their poor parenting and their child's poor behavior....as long as HISD and politics is involved this will be IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish....with vouchers the politics is OUT.......and I think that is what scares people like you and others that are opposed to vouchers the most.....because once the politics are out that means the brainwashing and the liberal PC bullshit is out as well and those that buy into that crap will be exposed as poverty pimps and welfare mongols

I oppose state charters because they often exclude middle and upper income students and or majority race students so they can slip under the poverty pimps radar and not be contested....they still often are saddled with taking some students that should not be in the program.....I am for 100% choice for all with basic state requirements for teaching and administrative credentials and minimum competency per grade with little other state involvement other than accountability for under performance

even with a blue ribbon that school is about to be merged back into a ghetto hell hole....so clearly politics is about to fail those students to appease people like you and other poverty pimps

I am for 100% choice from K-12 not just high schools so it will not matter at what age the problem children "axe" up because that will be the age when their parents either become involved or their kids get sent back to the lowest common denominator schools until they hit jail......this is the reason I want 100% choice so that those schools can expel anyone for anything but race or religion (provided they do not try and use their religion to disrupt the schools overall program IE if you are athiest or muslim and choose a Baptist or Catholic school and then complain about the religious aspects you can please leave thank you)

the vast majority of people in HISD politics don't have the students in mind they have their position in mind and or pandering to a certain group of people so they can keep their position and or keep shoveling money into those communities with no accountability......taking HISD out of it WOULD take the politics out of the vast majority of kids educations which again is what I think scares people like you the most....this is why one separate magnet school was merged back in to another school and why a second is about to be merged back in a greater expense....because what is good for those students does not matter what matters is pandering to parents at under performing schools by giving them new buildings or shiny objects and accepting blame for their kids poor performance and their poor parenting and masking it with exceptional students they have next to no contact with

why are you against vouchers.....why have the charter schools that still allow for political pandering and graft and corruption and exclusion of certain groups often the groups that have parents that care the most and the students that care the most....it scares you to lose complete control of those young minds doesn't it

why not require a state certification for all teachers in the required subjects and state certifications for administrators and testing for grade competency then get the hell out of the way and let schools and parents choose extra curricular activities, religion or not, behavior and accountability and parental involvement policies....it all scares you doesn't it....if the state is not in there somewhere then the state mind control can't take place......that scares you a great deal doesn't it

Regarding your charter school stuff:

1. It is illegal to exclude by race

2. Tweak the charter school's marketing and/or remove reverse economic barriers

Even though the U.S. Supreme Court said it is constitutional for a school district to have vouchers for religious schools, I would not want my tax money going towards religious schools when there is no benefit over using a religious school instead of a magnet or charter school.

I must also add that in 2007, 55% of the children zoned to Jones attended other HISD schools. - The highest such percentage was 58% at the Kashmere High School zone. The lowest was 6% at the Westside High School zone. http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive....id=2007_4442145

You said: "why have the charter schools that still allow for political pandering and graft and corruption and exclusion of certain groups often the groups that have parents that care the most and the students that care the most....it scares you to lose complete control of those young minds doesn't it" - This is a matter of making a set of clear boundaries and ensuring that schools adhere to them. Why not simply improve the charter school system so that corruption is easily vanquished?

You said: "why not require a state certification for all teachers in the required subjects" - The State of Texas already has certification rules.

I oppose state charters because they often exclude middle and upper income students and or majority race students so they can slip under the poverty pimps radar and not be contested....they still often are saddled with taking some students that should not be in the program.....I am for 100% choice for all with basic state requirements for teaching and administrative credentials and minimum competency per grade with little other state involvement other than accountability for under performance

even with a blue ribbon that school is about to be merged back into a ghetto hell hole....so clearly politics is about to fail those students to appease people like you and other poverty pimps

I am for 100% choice from K-12 not just high schools so it will not matter at what age the problem children "axe" up because that will be the age when their parents either become involved or their kids get sent back to the lowest common denominator schools until they hit jail......this is the reason I want 100% choice so that those schools can expel anyone for anything but race or religion (provided they do not try and use their religion to disrupt the schools overall program IE if you are athiest or muslim and choose a Baptist or Catholic school and then complain about the religious aspects you can please leave thank you)

the vast majority of people in HISD politics don't have the students in mind they have their position in mind and or pandering to a certain group of people so they can keep their position and or keep shoveling money into those communities with no accountability......taking HISD out of it WOULD take the politics out of the vast majority of kids educations which again is what I think scares people like you the most....this is why one separate magnet school was merged back in to another school and why a second is about to be merged back in a greater expense....because what is good for those students does not matter what matters is pandering to parents at under performing schools by giving them new buildings or shiny objects and accepting blame for their kids poor performance and their poor parenting and masking it with exceptional students they have next to no contact with

why are you against vouchers.....why have the charter schools that still allow for political pandering and graft and corruption and exclusion of certain groups often the groups that have parents that care the most and the students that care the most....it scares you to lose complete control of those young minds doesn't it

why not require a state certification for all teachers in the required subjects and state certifications for administrators and testing for grade competency then get the hell out of the way and let schools and parents choose extra curricular activities, religion or not, behavior and accountability and parental involvement policies....it all scares you doesn't it....if the state is not in there somewhere then the state mind control can't take place......that scares you a great deal doesn't it

1. your tax dollars are not the only ones involved.....we can track them for you and make sure they go to a failed regular school if that will make you happy....so just because you don't want your tax dollars going to a religious school does not matter to many other tax payers.....again you can pretend yours go to the other failed schools......and that does show your fear of losing the political mind control that you strongly desire

2. I meant certifications for public AND private school teachers to prevent the nonsense like in Milwaukee...I am well aware that public schools currently have certification standards and I am also well that HISD has failed to maintain them because so many teachers refuse to teach to the uncontrollable and that many private especially religious schools don't have to actually follow them and still have much better results

3. I don't want my tax dollars going to failed liberal brainwashing schools.....we have tried it your way and it failed in the schools and in the community now is a time to try something different....specifically the opposite what those like you advocate....just because you see no benefit to the mixing of morals, religion, and education does not mean others THAT PAY TAXES ALSO don't feel different

as long schools have the government involved there will be little way to weed out the corruption.....you need to check into reality this is the reason so many schools are failing even with more government control because they get bogged down in PC crap instead of education....and somehow even in religious schools which spent time on religion this happens much less often......because the parents have made their choice at the beginning and are in line with what goes on in that school VS every few some new PC fools get in there and screw things up further

again it is clear getting the government mind control out of education scares those who think like you

• The title was changed to Jesse H. Jones High School At 7414 St. Lo Rd.
  • The topic was unlocked