Dam my neighbor built a Dam...

HomeAloneIndeed

The day I closed on my home, my neighbor completed work on an impressive fence. Two years later-- I learn that it is not legal in Texas for a neighbor to build a dam- with a fence on top, that causes water to stand in the other neighbors yard (mine). I live uphill from them.

My neighbor refuses to modify their 'dam with a wrought iron fence on top' Will or can the City 'enforce modification' ? Has too much time passed for city inspectors to do anything? Do i need to go to Don Vito Corleonni?

thanks

The day I closed on my home, my neighbor completed work on an impressive fence. Two years later-- I learn that it is not legal in Texas for a neighbor to build a dam- with a fence on top, that causes water to stand in the other neighbors yard (mine). I live uphill from them.

so your water would drain onto your neighbor's yard if the dam wasn't there?

i don' t about the codes in austin but here it is against code if water from one property drains onto another.

so your water would drain onto your neighbor's yard if the dam wasn't there?

i don' t about the codes in austin but here it is against code if water from one property drains onto another.

Not true. If the natural flow of the water is onto the other property, that is fine. It is merely illegal to divert the water onto another's property. Living in flat Houston, you might not realize that it is common for water to flow downhill. :)

Archived