Anyone buy HD AVCHD camcorder?

We have the Sony and it's great. Have no issues with it what so ever. The video is excellent, Also shoots great stills while recording live video, you will not be disappointed.

Cool. Is it pretty good in low light situations? Does it shield out wind noise very well? Battery life good ?Thanks for the reply.

Yes to all three. Sony is long known for their low light optics, this camera will even record in pitch black (zero light) situations in the "niteshot" mode. Wind noise is good, I did buy a directional boom mic for it for recording stuff from long distances and still get clear sound. I also recommend buying a second battery so you can use all the bells and whistles. The 5.1 Dolby is amazing. It's hard to believe something this compact packs such a punch.

Yes to all three. Sony is long known for their low light optics, this camera will even record in pitch black (zero light) situations in the "niteshot" mode. Wind noise is good, I did buy a directional boom mic for it for recording stuff from long distances and still get clear sound. I also recommend buying a second battery so you can use all the bells and whistles. The 5.1 Dolby is amazing. It's hard to believe something this compact packs such a punch.

Ok. I was leaning towards Sony since i've owned several of their camcorders(analog) in the past, but never bought an HD one. Thanks.

Archived