What is this freeway called?

IronTiger

• 1 month later...
US 59 is the formal name of the Southwest Fwy. Just like I-10 is aka the Katy Fwy to the west and East Fwy when you are in the Baytown area. North Fwy is I-145 as South Fwy is SH 288.

288 S is also named the Nolan Ryan expressway, south of the Beltway. Oh, and don't forget the Eastex (59N) and Gulf (45S) freeways. OST and S. Main are also segments of the old Hwy 90. Prior to I-10, Hwy 90 was the primary, southern E-W highway across the country.

US 59 is the formal name of the Southwest Fwy. Just like I-10 is aka the Katy Fwy to the west and East Fwy when you are in the Baytown area. North Fwy is I-145 as South Fwy is SH 288.

At one point it was renamed the Lloyd Bentsen freeway, but that didn't take. Thankfully.

• 4 weeks later...
At one point it was renamed the Lloyd Bentsen freeway, but that didn't take. Thankfully.

Subdude, this still exist and there is a sign for it.

It is the Senator Lloyd Bentson Freeway from SH 288 to the Spur 527. If you are heading southbound on US 59 from I-45 and get to the SH 288 split, you'll see the sign just past the split.

Senator Bentson lived in nearby South Hampton area.

It is the Senator Lloyd Bentson Freeway from SH 288 to the Spur 527. If you are heading southbound on US 59 from I-45 and get to the SH 288 split, you'll see the sign just past the split.

Senator Bentson lived in nearby South Hampton area.

But his legal residence was always listed as Mission, Texas.

It is the Senator Lloyd Bentson Freeway from SH 288 to the Spur 527.

Actually, since 1995, US 59 has been designated the Senator Lloyd Bentsen Highway from its interchange with I-45 downtown to its intersection with I-35 in Laredo.

On another interesting note, US 59 from Houston to Texarkana is designated the Blue Star Memorial Highway.

See:

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/us/us0059.htm

On another interesting note, US 59 from Houston to Texarkana is designated the Blue Star Memorial Highway.

Nasa 1 from Hwy 3 to JSC is also a Blue Star Memorial Hwy.

Many highways are designated this to commemorate military veterans

I am sure there are others in Texas too but i could not find a Texas list online

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/blue01.cfm

blue01.jpg

Archived