Favorite fastfood

Fastfood  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is your #1 go to place for fast food.

• McDonalds
    • BurgerKing
    • Jack in the box
    • Whataburger
    • Wendys
    • Tacobell
    • Arbys
    • Sonic
    • Chick Fill-A
    • Subway
    • Quiznos
    • Blimpies
    • ChipoTLE
    • ......Other
    • Antones
    • James Coney Island
    • Shlotskys

Obviously a spawn of ed's McRib conversation.... curious as to what is HAIF's favorite fast food joint.

Mine - Whataburger bacon cheeseburger. 2nd choice, or if i'm in the mood for chicken, I go to Arbys for their crispy chicken, bacon and swiss... Favorite seasonal burger would be Whataburger's A-1 BBQ bacon cheeseburger..... mmmmm.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Whataburger, but I really choose to avoid the chain burger places. Give me Someburger in the Heights anyday.

Also, this did have me think of places that Houston doesn't have that probably should.

Hardee's comes to mind....

in spite of CHIPOTLE being misspelled, i voted. YUMMY GOODNESS. And i think it's semi good for you....:unprocessed, naturally raised, hormone free...etc etc etc....that's how i justify all the Cheese, Guacamole, and Sour Cream i add to mine.... ^_^

in spite of CHIPOTLE being misspelled, i voted. YUMMY GOODNESS. And i think it's semi good for you....:unprocessed, naturally raised, hormone free...etc etc etc....that's how i justify all the Cheese, Guacamole, and Sour Cream i add to mine.... ^_^

Talk about mis-spelled it is usually mispronounced as well. I usually hear CHI-POODLE.

Are they still around in Houston? I used to love them, but it seems like they all closed down.

Google Maps says there are 64 near Houston. There's one close to my office in Sugar Land. It's so much better than Subway, mostly because the meat doesn't all taste exactly the same. The bread is great, too.

Google Maps says there are 64 near Houston. There's one close to my office in Sugar Land. It's so much better than Subway, mostly because the meat doesn't all taste exactly the same. The bread is great, too.

I just went and looked, and I think they're including some that have closed, like the one on Holcombe. Still, good to know Blimpies is still around.

Subway all the way. It's the only place where you can eat well and maintain a healthy diet.

"Healthy" depends on metabolism and activity. And "healthy" at Subway depends on what you get. For instance, I like foot-long Italian BMTs on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread that are swimming in mayo and mustard, oil and vinegar.

"Healthy" also depends on individual preference. For instance, if ever were to eat what most people would considered a balanced diet as might lead to improved physical health and longevity, I'd be a much less happy person. And that would make me unhealthy.

And that's why I like the Whataburger patty melt (buttery texas toast, two greasy beef patties, cheese, bacon, and ooey-gooey special sauce). It is food for happier living.

Whataburger...#1 with jalapenos, no picklz and a Dr Pepper. I cannot be out-Whataburgered.

BTW, Best Whataburger in Texas? The one on S Staples, right across the street from their corporate HQ in Corpus!!! Close 2nd would be the Whataburger By the Bay, cause it's got an elevator and gift shop...and a nice view of the bay.

Gotta admit, though...ever since I finally got over my lifelong distaste for hot dogs last year, JCI is a close 2nd to Whataburguesa.

I once did a couple of Arby's restaurants in Tomball and Huntsville, so I'm a bit tired of their food at the moment.

I also like Whataburger, Jason's deli, Taco Bell, or JCI for cheap lunches.

Fun fact: Some of the Whataburger's in the Texas metroplex (DFW) have dublin dr pepper on tap. The Jason's Deli by my work (westheimer & kirkwood) also had it on tap before the economy went south.

Gotta admit, though...ever since I finally got over my lifelong distaste for hot dogs last year, JCI is a close 2nd to Whataburguesa.

JCI... and their bluegreen big chunk relish.... puke, man..

2333484937_5a7dd00c78.jpg

Not to mention the family on their in-store marketing posters look like they are right out of "the hills have eyes"

I use to like to go to Fuddruckers They had a great Burger.

Up in Dallas, it's hands down Keller's Drive-In on NW Hwy and Abrams.

But nothing will ever Replace the Pig Stand, man those were the Days.

The old A&W Drive-ins were a close second.

I went to a place in Dallas, Irving Actually, that looked like an old polished stainless dining car on the outside, great food, just can't remember the name of it. I think Troy Aikman was a part owner in the Franchise. Had the 1950's motif inside.

My favourite would depend on my mood.. I'd have to vote for Chi-poodle ;) as my fav..

Sometimes you need a greasy burger..

Sometimes you need a Arby's drippy cheeze sauce sammich..

Sometimes you need a crunchy sandwich from quizynose..

Why doesn't someburger in the heights have bacon? they keep a kosher kitchen ?

CFA, Whataburger, Chipotle, and Wendy's (ONLY if they have a good fresh routine going; the one at UH is great; things are kept fresh due to the high volume. Arby's is great sometimes, along with Raising Cane's, but those are usually a tad more subjective when it comes to "taste moods".

Archived