info about intern jobs

I am in my first semester at the University of Houston College of Architecture, to graduate i know i need 2 years of internships, and so i started looking, because i thought the sooner i can get experiance the better. I was wondering if there is anywhere that will hire someone with my little experiance, even for somthing involving being in a firm, just so i can have the experiance and ability to learn from people who know more than me.

i am in my first semester at the university of houston college of architecture, to graduate i know i need 2 years of internships, and so i started looking, because i thought the sooner i can get experiance the better. i was wondering if there is anywhere that will hire someone with my little experiance, even for somthing involving being in a firm, just so i can have the experiance and ability to learn from people who know more than me.

I don't know how it works at UH, but some of the colleges I went to would arrange internships for some of the students. Have you checked with your academic advisor?

Also, and this is not meant to me mean or unpleasant, but learn how to write in upper and lower case. There are hundreds of people in the architecture, construction, and real estate industry on this forum. This is your first impression. Don't make them think you're lazy or can't write.

I have talked to people in the deans office, and they said that they actually don't find jobs, and don't have a list of place i can go to either. They said the reason they do this is because we have enough connections through the people in our studios, that we should be able to find something. Only problem is that i have talked to quite a few of the people in my studio and others, and they are in the same situation as me.

I have talked to people in the deans office, and they said that they actually don't find jobs, and don't have a list of place i can go to either. They said the reason they do this is because we have enough connections through the people in our studios, that we should be able to find something. Only problem is that i have talked to quite a few of the people in my studio and others, and they are in the same situation as me.

Well, hopefully someone on HAIF will see your message and help you out. Maybe if you posted your resume here that might help them know more about you and whether you're good for their company.

You may have picked the wrong time to look for an internship with the current economic woes starting to be felt here.

http://www.architectsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search

This should help. Back in the day when i was looking for an internship and full-time employment, I used this site as a base list to google information on firms and if they were hiring.

Good luck.

I am actually looking through it right now thank you, the main problem I am having is that like I said before I'm in my first year of college, and dont think I have time for a full time job, and that is what most of the people are wanting. basicly I'm looking for even and internship that doesnt pay, just so I can recieve the experiance

my advice is learn CAD and then move into industrial piping design as soon as you can....with some CAD skills you can get a paying job in that ASAP without a full degree and you can always stay in school for whatever you desire and the real world CAD skills will healp out when buildings start being built again

Archived