Why Obama Won In A Landslide

RedScare

Wait! The Chicago Tribune has some Breaking News on Obama that just popped up in my RSS reader!

gallery_1_65_80770.jpg

This just in: Obama's morning breath smells of lilacs and fresh baked bread, and many have reported that the gleam in his eye guides ships safely into harbor.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was watching that, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Here's that report:

I could. A friend of a friend of mine is tight with Cindy McCain. And it filtered back down that Cindy absolutely despises Palin. We're not just talking about a petty catfight, either. There was a lot of animosity there.

Ewww, do tell, Niche! No, seriously, don't. A friend of a friend of a friend of mine calls BS on that tripe!

click on where it says post-election political panel November 5th

My favorite part came when a young man described this moment in history as perhaps dancing in the Grand Ballroom of the Titanic, meaning that our most serious problems are not black v. white anymore, they are how we will compete in the global economy, and let us not be side-tracked into discussions about what Brother Obama is going to do for us.

Yes, and sometimes, these whispering campaigns become even more sensational the more they are filtered down. Do I actually care if Cindy McCain or the whole country for that matter hated and despised Sarah Palin? Nope, nor I do care if Mrs. Biden got along well with Michelle Obama or not. Repeating rumors is schoolyard gossip, nothing more.

another way to see the video by the Joint Center

Yes, and sometimes, these whispering campaigns become even more sensational the more they are filtered down. Do I actually care if Cindy McCain or the whole country for that matter hated and despised Sarah Palin? Nope, nor I do care if Mrs. Biden got along well with Michelle Obama or not. Repeating rumors is schoolyard gossip, nothing more.

another way to see the video by the Joint Center

If John McCain and his staff picked a VP candidate who doesn't know if Africa is a country or a continent, that's not just gossip; that's news. It's also funny as hell.

Obama mania in Europe and elsewhere - you got to worry when foreigners are elevating a person with no record, that is owned by many to messiah status. These are the same people that would not vote for someone outside their homogenous groups/cultures. :wacko:

I voted almost all Democrat locally but not him because this guy doesn't smell right and is creepy. :unsure:

What I find so comical is how he Liberal Left, accuse Fox News of distortion of the truth, and out right lies, when they report something controversial on their candidate, and when they report something on the other side, they want to fall to their knees claiming it's the gospel.

please watch this video, it will help you understand the Obamania

Obama is our new President-elect, and we must all now try to come together to help support him.

Maybe the reason foreigners so fervently look forward to an Obama presidency is that they did not care for the presidency of Bush, for whatever reason, and they are hoping for someone new to help bring the nations together, rather than the divide & conquer policies of Bush.

who Obama's real foes are, according to the WSJ

I feel for Obama because he is inheriting a country in a financial and political mess. That article points out that it wasn't just Bush and the Republicans that are to blame nor is it just the Republicans he has to watch out for. Will he be an American President or just a Democratic puppet? That's always been my question. He cannot listen to the leftist extremist anymore then he can the extreme right or he will tear this country apart even more than it is now. We all know both those groups are the most vocal. Hopefully Obama will recognize that many politicians, Democrat and Republican, only have a personal agenda and could care less about the USA.

The trusty old WSJ opinion, I mean, bash anything related to Democrats, page.

Republicans also have their own pet projects and alliances. The advantage that Obama has is the fact that Democrats in the House and Senate rode a wave of Obama fueled voting and excitement for Democratic candidates. Many of them are indebted to him for getting elected, or at the very least, for helping bring more voters out to support them.

But I think there is some truth to this article, in that Obama will have to set the tone of bipartisanship, and he must keep the Democratic party from becoming corrupted with the power they have.

What I find so comical is how he Liberal Left, accuse Fox News of distortion of the truth, and out right lies, when they report something controversial on their candidate, and when they report something on the other side, they want to fall to their knees, a willing irrumatio participant, claiming it's the gospel.

That's what surprised me the most about the report. Fox News was HEAVILY Right-wing biased during the campaign. They actually sounded depressed when they announced Obama won Ohio Tuesday night. But now, they're reporting as if they're fair and balanced again.

To be fair though, Bill O'Reilly did say at the beginning of his show that he regretted not scrutinizing the Bush administration enough leading into the economic crisis/bailout and he wasn't going to do that again under the Obama admin. With that, it looks like he's going to scrutinize both Republicans and Democrats alike as he did the Clinton admin when there was a Republican Congress.

I think we'll see bi-partisanship until the inauguration. Then the day afterwards, you'll see the media heavily lean either to the left or right again.

If Obama is just one thing then that thing is smart.

He didn't run a traditional Democratic campaign and I don't expect him to turn into a partisan hack just because he won 7,583,851 more votes as of this moment. While many doubt the man's intentions, I don't. I truly believe he wants to do what is best for this nation. I also believe he has the smarts to do the right thing and surround himself with GOOD people. That is the key. We'll see over the next couple of days how it shakes out.

He didn't run a traditional Democratic campaign and I don't expect him to turn into a partisan hack just because he won 7,583,851 more votes as of this moment. While many doubt the man's intentions, I don't. I truly believe he wants to do what is best for this nation. I also believe he has the smarts to do the right thing and surround himself with GOOD people. That is the key. We'll see over the next couple of days how it shakes out.

Those of us who didn't vote for him have no choice but to give him a chance and hope he does a good job. Unlike some conservative talking heads, I do want to see what the man can do. I'm just so hard on him because I fundamentally disagree with the policies he ran on.

To be fair though, Bill O'Reilly did say at the beginning of his show that he regretted not scrutinizing the Bush administration enough leading into the economic crisis/bailout and he wasn't going to do that again under the Obama admin. With that, it looks like he's going to scrutinize both Republicans and Democrats alike as he did the Clinton admin when there was a Republican Congress.

Thats his way of saying: "I'm about to attack Obama relentlessly for the next four years - but it's not because I'm a conservative, its because I'm a changed man.. a "Bi-partisan man."

To which I reply simply with: "B.S."

(EDIT: Sorry for the profanity..)

Obama is our new President-elect, and we must all now try to come together to help support him.

As much as I like to poke fun at Obama, this is the truth.

The election is over. It's time to move on. Remember when the left was crying when Bush won the second time and marched around with signs reading, "Not MY President" and "Impeach Bush"? Rightists at the time called it undignified and noted that even if you don't respect the person, you should respect the office.

So, like it or not -- Obama is the next president. Everyone should just put on their big boy pants and get used to it. Let's behave like dignified adults and not give the other side any ammunition. The character of the right should not be defined by whining and crying.

Ah, Red, you just don't get it, do you? I didn't vote for Bush, I voted for McCain. I know this may be hard for you to wrap your oh-so-big head around, but they're really not one in the same. Enjoy your President and his little drunken sidekick!

pineda, I doubt if Red will ever learn to enjoy Cheney and Bush!

That IS to whom you're referring, isn't it?

The election is over. It's time to move on. Remember when the left was crying when Bush won the second time and marched around with signs reading, "Not MY President" and "Impeach Bush"? Rightists at the time called it undignified and noted that even if you don't respect the person, you should respect the office.

Lest we forget, Bush's 'election' was extremely questionable in both 2000 and 2004; some would say he stole those elections. I agree with that sentiment.

To respect the office of President does not preclude impeachment. Some people believe that Bush's actions should have resulted in impeachment. I am among them.

The difference here is that there is no evidence whatsoever that Obama won by any but honorable means. The man hasn't even taken the oath of office yet. Talk of impeachment would be decidedly premature.

The legitimate complaints people had about Bush were met with cries that his critics were "sore losers". Those griping about Obama's victory seem more deserving of that label.

What I find so comical is how he Liberal Left, accuse Fox News of distortion of the truth, and out right lies, when they report something controversial on their candidate, and when they report something on the other side, they want to fall to their knees claiming it's the gospel.

There is actually a rule of evidence in the law that addresses this situation. A defendant who makes a statement that serves his own interests is generally not reliable, but a statement made by the defendant against his interests IS considered reliable. In much the same way, when Fox News praises Republicans, it is considered ho-hum, but when they trash Republicans to their Republican viewership, it may be considered more trustworthy.

But, in reality, it is much simpler than that. Palin, more than any other, loved to sling the mud. It is always fun to watch the mud sling back to a mudslinger.

Lest we forget, Bush's 'election' was extremely questionable in both 2000 and 2004; some would say he stole those elections. I agree with that sentiment.

To respect the office of President does not preclude impeachment. Some people believe that Bush's actions should have resulted in impeachment. I am among them.

The difference here is that there is no evidence whatsoever that Obama won by any but honorable means. The man hasn't even taken the oath of office yet. Talk of impeachment would be decidedly premature.

The legitimate complaints people had about Bush were met with cries that his critics were "sore losers". Those griping about Obama's victory seem more deserving of that label.

I whole heartedly disagree. Unless perhaps you're referring to those who base their opposition on the color of Obama's skin. Otherwise, all complaints against the man have seem justified - from his connections to shady people, to his liberal tax plan. Those are all justafiable reasons to oppose him as a president. The difference I think is found in Editors post below:

So, like it or not -- Obama is the next president. Everyone should just put on their big boy pants and get used to it. Let's behave like dignified adults and not give the other side any ammunition. The character of the right should not be defined by whining and crying.

I don't think you're going to find large crowds of conservatives loudly and obnoxiously protesting that Obama is not our president - unlike what we witnessed both in 2000 and 2004 by very vocal liberals. I'd like to think we're better than that type of behavior, and so far - per the news - we have been.

[quote name='Jeebus' date='Thursday, November 6th, 2008 @ 3:26pm' post='289152'

I don't think you're going to find large crowds of conservatives loudly and obnoxiously protesting that Obama is not our president - unlike what we witnessed both in 2000 and 2004 by very vocal liberals. I'd like to think we're better than that type of behavior, and so far - per the news - we have been.

You must mean outside of the McCain/Palin Election Night Party at the Arizona Biltmore whereby the crowds jeered and booed?

And, I gotta agree with dbigtex. In 2000, Bush lost the popular vote. This year, Obama is UP by 7,670,437 votes and that lead is growing as mail-in ballots are counted out West in Oregon and Washington. In 2000, the Florida election was clearly stolen with thousands disenfranchised, hanging chads, and liberal Manhattan Jews apparently voting for Pat Roberston in West Palm Beach! In 2004, there was WIDESPREAD voter fraud in Ohio and irregularities in Nevada, Florida, Missouri, New Mexico and a few other hotly contested states. If Bush lost Ohio in that year, we'd likely have just witnessed the last election being between Kerry/Lieberman and someone else from the Republican Party.

If there's one thing I am thankful of regarding Bush/Cheney, it's that their election in 2004 gave us Obama/Biden which is a much better team than Kerry/Lieberman.

I whole heartedly disagree. Unless perhaps you're referring to those who base their opposition on the color of Obama's skin. Otherwise, all complaints against the man have seem justified - from his connections to shady people, to his liberal tax plan. Those are all justafiable reasons to oppose him as a president. The difference I think is found in Editors post below:

Perhaps you should have read my post before you replied to it.

It had NOTHING to do with how much one likes or dislikes a candidate. It had to do with the fairness of the election. Obama's was fair; Bush's was, to be extremely generous, questionable. If Obama's win had been as tainted as Bush's, I would loudly contest his victory, too. So sorry that you feel integrity is obnoxious.

All complaints made by anyone seem justified to the person making the complaint. I don't begrudge you and pineda's "justifiable" complaints. I respect your rights to free speech just as much as my own. The fact that I give less weight to those complaints, or even dismiss them entirely, does not change my belief in your right to express them.

And, while I agree that we will not see huge crowds of conservatives in protest, that is simply because it is not the conservative way. The conservative protest takes place on talk radio. The liberal protest takes place on blogs and in front of city hall with bullhorns. But, there will be protests, even if Obama manages from the center in a bi-partisan manner. As for being "better than that", I will only say that street protests are the most visually striking form of protest, and have achieved much good over the years. It is the most striking and imposing of all protests. It is the living embodiment of the 1st Amendment rights of free speech and association. It commans attention in a way that a radio host never could, as it is at once aurally and visually imposing. The object of the protest cannot turn it off as he could a radio or TV. I look forward to someday seeing the issue that stirs conservatives to the point of taking to the streets. That is when I will know that they are energized.

It had NOTHING to do with how much one likes or dislikes a candidate. It had to do with the fairness of the election. Obama's was fair; Bush's was, to be extremely generous, questionable. If Obama's win had been as tainted as Bush's, I would loudly contest his victory, too. So sorry that you feel integrity is obnoxious.

Integrity is only obnoxious when you don't have enough civility to keep from needlessly protesting in the streets.

You must mean outside of the McCain/Palin Election Night Party at the Arizona Biltmore whereby the crowds jeered and booed?

Which was at a rally for the Repbulican party - and not as Red said it "in the streets with bullhorns".

Red, by street protest, do you mean like this guy in Anchorage?

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Nice the see the Right keepin' it classy.

Classy when compared to the left:

Election_Protest_2004_sm.png

bushsign.jpg

protest.jpg

I look forward to someday seeing the issue that stirs conservatives to the point of taking to the streets. That is when I will know that they are energized.

We have very thick skin. It will be a long time before conservatives feel the need to march in the street - if ever.

But I won't rule it out.

Archived