Need Recommendations for apt. inside the loop

mal10m

I currently live in Tomball (NW Houston). But I work off the belt and Westheimer. Way too long of a drive for me! I am looking for an apartment with another girl that works off of Post Oak Pkwy (she also lives in Tomball) We are looking for a 2br/2ba apartment/loft/condo whatever, thats no more than $1250/mo. We are VERY picky which is why it is taking so long to find something! I have looked everywhere! but the worst part is I have NO recommendations and thats the best way to find a great place! We are looking for something that is in-between us or right inside the loop, or even like around Memorial City Mall. I am SO desperate to find a place closer to work! Please help!

P.S. all of these post have recommendations of areas to live in. I need recommendations on specific Apartments! I already know what area i want to live in: Westchase (east of the belt west of 610), Memorial, or right inside the west loop.

Thanks for all your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I work in Westchase District. Try the nice apts that begin at Wilcrest/Westheimer then try the others all along this stretch going West towards the Walmart nearby. They vary from reasonable to very expensive because of the million $ homes nearby. Best pick up a local guide for this area. Best of luck.

PS, better get one now because this area is booming in growth and jobs. :)

I was only responding to his question. He stated he wanted to be near his job here in Westchase.

Another good source to find good living around here is in www.westchasedistrict.com :)

He's a she. The apartments on Meadowglen used to be nice years ago. There're also complexes on Hayes (I think). Anyway, here's a link to a site that shows apartment ratings, usually posted by current or former residents. http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Houston.html

My husband has commuted from Clear Lake to Westchase for over 10 years. We wouldn't move out there. No way.

I wouldn't move to Clear Lake. No way. The roads have not kept up with demand and traffic is horrible. I'll stay central, where commuting outward is a breeze.

I think Westchase's demographic is probably mostly young and single, so why not?

what ever you do AVOID AT ALL COST the complexes along Lakeside Drive @ Briar Forest they are as ghetto as anything on earth

Lakeside and Walnut Bend are great neighborhoods, but those ghetto trash apartments have been hell since the day they were built

for the rent you are looking to pay you might look into an actual house in that area where someone in the oil business has been transfered for a couple of years or so and wants to keep the house

there are also some townhouses in that area that might work better for you.....there was a small complex of apartments just to the west of the Walnut Bend pool and Rec Center (right next door) that used to be in very nice shape and stayed that way for a long time, but I don't know what they are like now

you could also look at the complex that is just north of Dow Chemical off of Deerwood @ Beltway 8

there were also some nicer well maintained complexes at Lakeside Forest Drive and Wilcrest and across Wilcrest just south of Lakeside Country Club, but again I have no idea of the condition now

I would look at the ones near Dow Chemical first.....avoid the ones just north of Paul Revere Middle School as well

He's a she. The apartments on Meadowglen used to be nice years ago. There're also complexes on Hayes (I think). Anyway, here's a link to a site that shows apartment ratings, usually posted by current or former residents. http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/TX-Houston.html

I wouldn't move to Clear Lake. No way. The roads have not kept up with demand and traffic is horrible. I'll stay central, where commuting outward is a breeze.

The Beltway makes it easy, just long. Roads are fine and traffic is not bad. Clear Lake is the place to be for us, anyway.

I think Westchase's demographic is probably mostly young and single, so why not?

Archived