Election Night 2008

editor

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not comparing McCain to Mondale. I am comparing Barack Obama to Reagan, 1980. And whoever the unlucky TBD Republican candidate is in 2012, could see a Mondale-style defeat if Obama proves effective.

I would postulate that multiple subconstituencies of Obama voters may have expectations of Obama, by way of an ill-defined 'change' platform, which are mutually exclusive of one another. It could prove very difficult to keep the people happy that voted for him.

And a lot can happen in four years, especially if he actually implements the crappy two-faced economic policies that he's been promoting. The cure to all of the big problems that we're facing down is balanced savings/investment, and it seems unlikely that he's going to promote that, one way or the other.

By the sound of it (at least over these past few months)... you'd think Palin was the next Savior of the Republican party...

Not me. You've used the wrong pronoun.

Wow, I'm looking outside my window and I don't see any rioting in the streets. Weird! I guess that was only Obama supporters were going to do that in case he lost. Thank goodness that didn't happen, oh my! We're all safe now. <_<

You sound bitter. Perhaps it comes from your choice of reading material highlighted in your signature. No matter. Regardless who you voted for, and regardless your opinion of him, I hope the president elect improves your life as well as mine. And, I say that with all sincerity.

me either, frankly. Fallout from straight ticket voting?

definitely. looks like today more reps came out to vote which helped closed the gap.

502,137 49.89% lykos

504,325 50.11% bradford

with about 78 % reporting.

hubert vo's race too. he's leading.

Very nice speech by McCain. Too bad his crowd lacked his class, and booed him when he suggested they all work together with Obama to help our country. They booed him! Unbelievable.

Not really unbelievable. I would say that is about the mentally I would expect from the people that I saw rallying for the McCain-Palin ticket.

Change is hard and some people make it even more difficult.

Archived