Arne's Warehouse & Party Store At 2830 Hicks St.

margokorin

It was VERY badly damaged during the storm. The entire brick wall that faced the street there blew down. They have had a blue tarp on it since. Looks like it may have had some roof damage as well. I am sure everything got soaked. So sad since I am sure this is one of their big money making seasons. I always go there for christmas lights that I cant find anywhere else.

As much as I do love Halloween, I'm glad it over only because of the traffic jam Party Boy caused on Studemont with the haunted house, etc. The spillover from the Arnes crew inevitably ended up at Party Boy and instead of traffic happening over one block, it was all concentrated in one driveway. Talk about disorganized chaos.

• 4 weeks later...

I obviously don't go over there often enough, I didn't know it was closed until I tried to go there a couple weeks ago. Their website says temporarily closed, so I'm hoping that means they are going to fix and re-open!

Party Boy just doesn't carry NEAR the variety of stuff that Arne's does... Made my venture to find pretty embossed napkins a couple weeks ago, quite the journey! :)

I have a family member who does business with Arne's. The last she had heard was that they are working with the insurance co. & contractors to reopen as quickly as possible but that this won't happen before the end of the year. The store itself wasn't damaged just the warehouse is what Arne's told her.

I have a family member who does business with Arne's. The last she had heard was that they are working with the insurance co. & contractors to reopen as quickly as possible but that this won't happen before the end of the year. The store itself wasn't damaged just the warehouse is what Arne's told her.

If you're driving towards I-10 on Studemont they've updated a billboard to the left of the road stating that "We miss you too" and "Reopening soon"

• 2 weeks later...
Whaaat

This is terrible news. I went to Frankel's this year for Halloween because it was closer, but I had no idea Arne's took damage and was closed. I used to go to Arne's several times a year.

Status report on Party Boy, ASAP!

Party Boy is open for business and didn't appear to have any damage from Ike when I was there in early November.

which is all well and good except that Party Boy is only about 1/4 as awesome as Arne's! :P

I know! They didn't have anything I needed for my brother's wedding party! I found everything I needed at Walmart, of all places! I'm certain Arne's would have had a better selection though!

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Arne's Warehouse & Party Store At 2830 Hicks St.

Archived