Another Bar On Washington Ave.

margokorin

Douchebag guys spend money, too. In fact, they probably spend more than is wise. Why should a bar owner try to keep them away? If you want to ogle "cute girls"--learn to deal with the DB's. Surely, the girls will realize your innate superiority!

The non-DB bars might attract some older, non-cute folks. People who want to talk or listen to live music. Wouldn't want to waste time at a place where the patrons aren't worth ogling, would you?

I'm okay with those places too; definitely not a waste of time. Just because the women aren't your Reign-lounge types doesn't mean I wouldn't find them attractive or want to talk to them. I like all kinds of places, really. I'm just trying to find a good place to go that's in the dress-up, lounge category where the place isn't dominated by obnoxious dudes on steroids with an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

They should develop some kind of douchebag index for Washington kind of like the heat index in the weather report. They should have a special radio station on the dial that updates it constantly so when I'm cruising down Washington, and I hear "the douchebag advisory for Ei8ht Lounge has been lifted, waiting line to get in is low to moderate with a 20% chance of needing to tip the bouncer to be let in," then I can park my car and be good to go.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Autuer is conflicted. He wants to ogle the chicks in the douchebag bars without being around the male douchebags. But, it's not a mix and match proposition. Those chicks are there BECAUSE the douchebags are there. If you want your chick fix, just go. If you're worried about being ridiculed on this forum, don't post about it later. This is not a hard concept.

Not a trendy Washington bar but I'd recommend Chances. Lots of chicks on not a male DB in site. ;)

Not a trendy Washington bar but I'd recommend Chances. Lots of chicks on not a male DB in site. wink.gif

What about Komodo's in midtown? I think that might fit the bill... Lounge enviro with out the DBs... Its too much of a confined space for them with all the noxious fumes coming from their hair and fake tan... Its really the only dress up place I can tolerate when my lady wants to get dolled up and go out.

I'm kicking it old school tonight and going to Benjy's in THE VILLAGE!

Is Benjys a restaurant or a bar? I heard that it closes at 9 or 10pm. There was discussion about its happy hour further back in this thread. It looks like that's all you get there is happy hour. Anyone know how their drink prices are?

Is Benjys a restaurant or a bar? I heard that it closes at 9 or 10pm. There was discussion about its happy hour further back in this thread. It looks like that's all you get there is happy hour. Anyone know how their drink prices are?

Primarily a restaurant. It has this lounge thing upstairs and it's set up so it can accomodate a larger bar crown later in the evening.

so exactly how douchy are the douch bags that go to Reign?

last night a friend of mine and her husband were at a birthday party right next to Reign and on the way to their car noticed that a bunch of customers and the VALETS (!!!) were tormenting a puppy in the parking lot. The poor little guy had wandered away from where he belongs (wearing a flea collar but no tags) and these reigning kings of douchdom decided that it would be fun to torment it. As if I wasn't going to hate that place anyway... And the valets participating as well speaks volumes.

my friends ended up grabbing the dog and taking it home. if anyone is missing a black and white pup in rice military, PM me.

so exactly how douchy are the douch bags that go to Reign?

last night a friend of mine and her husband were at a birthday party right next to Reign and on the way to their car noticed that a bunch of customers and the VALETS (!!!) were tormenting a puppy in the parking lot. The poor little guy had wandered away from where he belongs (wearing a flea collar but no tags) and these reigning kings of douchdom decided that it would be fun to torment it. As if I wasn't going to hate that place anyway... And the valets participating as well speaks volumes.

my friends ended up grabbing the dog and taking it home. if anyone is missing a black and white pup in rice military, PM me.

how exactly were they "tormenting" this puppy?

He wants to ogle the chicks in the douchebag bars without being around the male douchebags. But, it's not a mix and match proposition. Those chicks are there BECAUSE the douchebags are there. If you want your chick fix, just go.

Have to agree with RedScare about the correlation. I went to Blue Label last year. (Yes, I know. I know.) Went with a woman friend, let's call her Gina. We rain in to a friend of a friend of hers who I must admit is a hottie. I went to the bar to get us drinks. (Plastic glasses. Oh, so classy.) When I got back Gina had a horrified look on her face. I asked her what was the matter? The hottie had just confided to her that she was excited because she met a man who would pay her mortgage.

No, not like she said we have so many things in commor or we like the same music or he has a great sense of humor. It was all about just show me the $$.

Went to Dean's Credit Clothing on Fairview and the DB count was pretty high, but they had paid for models to walk around as part of an art show.

I follow RedScare's motto. I just go and don't complain about the DB afterwards because I know they will be there. That doesn't mean I won't make fun of them however! :)

Rep for having a good friend. My wife would have done the same thing (and probably had words with the DB's and valets) and I would have been subjugated to a day or two or really, really, really ticked off cats.

is the broken spoke on washington? not a bar but supposed to be a good little restaurant. a lot of heights families have been chattering about it on the Heights Kids forum and everyone is smitten. apparently, they were going to have to close shop but got some publicity in the 'hood and business has picked up. HAIFers need to try it out and see what you think. we are going to try and go by next week and see if all the other families are right :)

I went to the Flat over the weekend over off of West Gray and Commonwealth, and apparently the same owners have a place called Block 21 on Washington and Sawyer. The reason I mention this is because at the Flat, they have the best frozen mojitos I've ever tasted, maybe even the best mixed/frozen drink I've ever tasted, and they serve the same ones over at Block 21. They aren't very strong, so you can enjoy a few of them in one night. If you are in the area, I strongly recommend trying them out. I plan to check out Block 21 this weekend along with the Drinkery, which some of you have said is good.

is the broken spoke on washington? not a bar but supposed to be a good little restaurant. a lot of heights families have been chattering about it on the Heights Kids forum and everyone is smitten. apparently, they were going to have to close shop but got some publicity in the 'hood and business has picked up. HAIFers need to try it out and see what you think. we are going to try and go by next week and see if all the other families are right :)

We went a couple months ago... It wasn't bad at all. The food was good. The husband had some issues with them making his burger wrong, but outside of that we enjoyed our 'brunch' there. We intend on going back to try the breakfast soon.

So in a rarity we were at two clubs last night that are still 'in.'

Overall, be prepared to valet.

Eight - Unsure of drink prices, we had one beer. We were there just as the upstairs was beginning to fill. Huge guy to girl ratio. Medium DB factor. But it's nice to have the patio and the roof if you want to catch your breath and hear conversation.

Knox (NOx?) - Cool layout for a club. They have a 'separate' room - however the music is pumped into it so loudly that everyone is screaming in it - VERY noisy place. The bar staff was pretty friendly even though my wife kept getting water. HUGE DB factor. Including some hispanic guy who walked in pretty much dressed like a pimp, stood up on one of the bali beds, raised his arms, and starting making out with two girls. Granted there were 'normal' people there, but not many. We were with a group of 20 something girls (10ish) and about 3 or 4 husbands. Every time they turned around new guys were hitting on them. Yeah, it was that kind of place. And the guy to girl ratio was about twice that of Eight.

Take all that for what it is worth.

Eight - Unsure of drink prices, we had one beer. We were there just as the upstairs was beginning to fill. Huge guy to girl ratio. Medium DB factor. But it's nice to have the patio and the roof if you want to catch your breath and hear conversation.

Knox (NOx?) - Cool layout for a club. They have a 'separate' room - however the music is pumped into it so loudly that everyone is screaming in it - VERY noisy place. The bar staff was pretty friendly even though my wife kept getting water. HUGE DB factor. Including some hispanic guy who walked in pretty much dressed like a pimp, stood up on one of the bali beds, raised his arms, and starting making out with two girls. Granted there were 'normal' people there, but not many. We were with a group of 20 something girls (10ish) and about 3 or 4 husbands. Every time they turned around new guys were hitting on them. Yeah, it was that kind of place. And the guy to girl ratio was about twice that of Eight.

Thanks for that good information. I may check out Nox one day just because my roommate knows the owner, so it wouldn't be hard to get in, but I've heard that the place has way too many guys and not enough girls, so that would deter me from going there more than once. How was the music at Ei8ht? I usually prefer places that have really good djs and play a unique variety of music, with 70s dance to current music, and then every now and then an extended long song just at the right time. I also like a mix of popular mainstream music and stuff that most people have never heard before.

I made it out to Sawyer Park (where the Pig Stand used to be) Thurday night and it was a good crowd. It was about 50/50 guy to girl ratio. I wouldn't call the place a sports bar, but they do have a nice tv setup upstairs on the deck. I may check this place out during college football season.

Thanks for the "Eyewitness" reporting. :)

I must concur with your observation. Dude to chick is almost 70% sausage in a lot of the places on Washington. But then I went to Beaver's Wednesday night (okay, technically off Washington) and it appeared to me to be 3 to 1 women to men, mostly because of two relatively large all female groups that appeared to be 'girls night out'. The place was hoping, but then so was the new sports bar on Sawyer and Wash Ave.

I made it out to Sawyer Park (where the Pig Stand used to be) Thurday night and it was a good crowd. It was about 50/50 guy to girl ratio. I wouldn't call the place a sports bar, but they do have a nice tv setup upstairs on the deck. I may check this place out during college football season.

The wife and I drove by it today. I'm excited, I hope it pans out to be a good sports bar and not another Pearl Bar. Too bad we didn't end up buying the house off Sawyer, lol.

Maybe it will be better during football season.

Archived