Another Bar On Washington Ave.

margokorin

the license plate should probably be blurred

License plates are on public view all the time, someone carelessly parked their car tipped over in a ditch. I see no problem at all letting the world see their license plate.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
North of Washington...

I don't mind them being shared (I allowed the houstonist to use them), but yeah, the license plate should probably be blurred. I was just lazy. :)

I would love to hear that day in court....

JUDGE: So after you drunkenly crashed your car into her front yard, then left it there over night, you're upset that she didn't blur the plates? Is this what you're saying?

Went to the Drinkery last night and I am pleased to report it is DOUCHE BAG FREE! For the time being anyway......

Stopped by the Drinkery on Friday night and I wouldn't say it's douche bag free. It's more douche bag light.

Stopped by the Drinkery on Friday night and I wouldn't say it's douche bag free. It's more douche bag light.

I've been to all of the places on Washington, and I know some of the owners so I never wait in line. Let's face it - it's douche bag central at present. In another couple of years it will be as "great" as midtown. The best hope is that some of the current or opening bars will wind up as restaurants or more desirable places... It will never be as bad as it was 5 years ago, but at best some of the bars will be replaced by restaurants or other decent businesses. Washington Ave is generally ugly and undesirable to those with $$$, but the changes have definitely been for the better. I was looking to buy there 3 years ago, but quite honestly, all of the progress was already built into the price

The big question is, what's the NEXT big area? Again, it will not be the area that big money flows to, but the area that the thirty-thousand millionaires flock to...

I've been to all of the places on Washington, and I know some of the owners so I never wait in line. Let's face it - it's douche bag central at present. In another couple of years it will be as "great" as midtown.

The big question is, what's the NEXT big area? Again, it will not be the area that big money flows to, but the area that the thirty-thousand millionaires flock to...

The d-b sorm appears to be moving west-northwest @ 1 mile per year. It's expected to strike somewhere over the lower Hempstead Hwy area within the next two years. It will be fed by a convection of those who can easily access it from I-10. Those staying long-term (or frequently short-term) in the Sunset Motel need to pay attention to this storm.

An outflow may occur along S. Shepherd all the way from Washington to W. Alabama, consuming empty strip mall space. This outflow will quickly be stemmed by forces in the "River Oaks area".

The d-b sorm appears to be moving west-northwest @ 1 mile per year. It's expected to strike somewhere over the lower Hempstead Hwy area within the next two years. It will be fed by a convection of those who can easily access it from I-10. Those staying long-term (or frequently short-term) in the Sunset Motel need to pay attention to this storm.

An outflow may occur along S. Shepherd all the way from Washington to W. Alabama, consuming empty strip mall space. This outflow will quickly be stemmed by forces in the "River Oaks area".

If I live in Katy, will I need to evacuate? [sciGuy reference/]

Anyplace that lets me come in with shorts and flip-flops at 10:30pm is alright in my book. I wouldn't say the place is douche bag light.

Went to the Drinkery last night and I am pleased to report it is DOUCHE BAG FREE! For the time being anyway......

I went on Friday night to meet a couple friends there and the first thing they said to me was "this place is full of douche bags." I had to laugh, of course.

There were a few Ed-Hardy-wearing-DB guys there hitting on girls and being general DB-ish, but they won't be there long. I liked the atmosphere/crowd WAY better there than The Lot across the street...

I went on Friday night to meet a couple friends there and the first thing they said to me was "this place is full of douche bags." I had to laugh, of course.

There were a few Ed-Hardy-wearing-DB guys there hitting on girls and being general DB-ish, but they won't be there long. I liked the atmosphere/crowd WAY better there than The Lot across the street...

I have a feeling The Drinkery will be the place to go before going out, so you will see some of that crowd, but I'm fine with it. And I think the term "douchebag" is not used properly anymore.

Anyone know of a classy lounge on Washington that isn't pretentious? So far I've been sticking to the bars like Pearl Bar and the Lot, because I'm not into waiting in lines or paying covers/tipping doormen to be let in.

Dark Horse... Porch Swing... Bubba's... Those are classy in my book by the definition below...

adj.1.having elegance or taste or refinement in manners or dress. Opposite of styleless.2.exhibiting refinement and high character. Opposite of low-classIf you ask me, most of the lounges on Washington have patrons that lack taste, manners, and dress not to mention the absence of high character.

My .02,

D

Then,how should "douchebag" should be used?

Should we go ahead and start up a thread and work on a definition by HAIFy consensus?

I think its an amorphous term - one year pink polos and flipped collars, another year fauxhawks with frosted tips....

As to PureAuter - and I am being serious - isn't a 'lounge' by definition pretentious? If you mean sports bar or dive bar I can name some places, but a lounge to me is what used to be 'clubs,' minus a real dance floor, and profitability hinges on the desirability to see and be seen?

Anyone know of a classy lounge on Washington that isn't pretentious? So far I've been sticking to the bars like Pearl Bar and the Lot, because I'm not into waiting in lines or paying covers/tipping doormen to be let in.

Try Block 21. The same owner as The Flat and a couple of other loungy places.

I think its an amorphous term - one year pink polos and flipped collars, another year fauxhawks with frosted tips....

As to PureAuter - and I am being serious - isn't a 'lounge' by definition pretentious? If you mean sports bar or dive bar I can name some places, but a lounge to me is what used to be 'clubs,' minus a real dance floor, and profitability hinges on the desirability to see and be seen?

I think Autuer is conflicted. He wants to ogle the chicks in the douchebag bars without being around the male douchebags. But, it's not a mix and match proposition. Those chicks are there BECAUSE the douchebags are there. If you want your chick fix, just go. If you're worried about being ridiculed on this forum, don't post about it later. This is not a hard concept.

So, I thought I mentioned this somewhere on here, but I can't find it...

I've heard that the warehouse-y building in the parking lots on Washington @ Roy is going to be a country bar... anyone know any more about that? Is it going to be that "Busty LaRoue's" place, maybe? That sounds country. Someone did spray paint "Honky Tonk Honky Tonk" on the side of the building this weekend, and they put up some raw wooden tree trunks as posts in the front, so it is looking pretty country!

What I really want to know is where the heck are these people going to park??

I think Autuer is conflicted. He wants to ogle the chicks in the douchebag bars without being around the male douchebags. But, it's not a mix and match proposition. Those chicks are there BECAUSE the douchebags are there. If you want your chick fix, just go. If you're worried about being ridiculed on this forum, don't post about it later. This is not a hard concept.

LMAO and yay- the board has a rep system now.

Though I used to frequent DB bars, know the owners, door guys, etc. I think it's a 20something male right of passage. Just don't BE one of the DB's :)

So, I thought I mentioned this somewhere on here, but I can't find it...

I've heard that the warehouse-y building in the parking lots on Washington @ Roy is going to be a country bar... anyone know any more about that? Is it going to be that "Busty LaRoue's" place, maybe? That sounds country. Someone did spray paint "Honky Tonk Honky Tonk" on the side of the building this weekend, and they put up some raw wooden tree trunks as posts in the front, so it is looking pretty country!

What I really want to know is where the heck are these people going to park??

Are you kidding me? What do you think duallies and 4 wheel drive pickups are MADE for? For parking where there is no parking space!

Silly city girl. :rolleyes:

LMAO and yay- the board has a rep system now.

Though I used to frequent DB bars, know the owners, door guys, etc. I think it's a 20something male right of passage. Just don't BE one of the DB's :)

Please don't generalize us like that. This 20-something male only bothers with dive bars or places that feature good live music, and then only if I want to hang out with friends. Otherwise, no sale.

Please don't generalize us like that. This 20-something male only bothers with dive bars or places that feature good live music, and then only if I want to hang out with friends. Otherwise, no sale.

Come on - no desire to gawk at the female DB groupies at the expense of actually having fun and buying beers for under $5?

It calls everyone's name at some point... 'uns uns uns uns' "Hey, that chick is hot!" 'uns uns uns unun unun uns uns uns' "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU...?!?!"

:)

Come on - no desire to gawk at the female DB groupies at the expense of actually having fun and buying beers for under $5?

It calls everyone's name at some point... 'uns uns uns uns' "Hey, that chick is hot!" 'uns uns uns unun unun uns uns uns' "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU...?!?!"

:)

For lookie-Lou's comparing the cuts of meat available at the local butcher shop (or, for that matter, a paying customer), Craigslist is probably the path of least resistance. When it comes down to it, I can't see how there's really much of difference. This reminds me of the punchline from a Ron White joke: "You can ride the tram or you can ride the donkey to the top of the mountain, it is the same price".

EDIT: Actually--on second thought--I'd imagine that a Craigslist prostitute is probably less expensive (and I'd venture to say, probably better company) than the average DB-seeking gold digger at the 'uns uns uns uns' bar.

I think it's possible to have a night spot that draws a lot of cute girls without having douchebag guys. Kobain is kind of like that, based on the few times I've been there. The only problem is that I want some music and more of a mingling atmosphere, which is why I'm looking for a lounge. I think that if the owner of a place wants to, they can figure out ways to keep douchebag guys away while keeping the beautiful women around. It's all about how you set your place up. I'm going to try out Block 21 this weekend, as someone suggested. Isn't that place further down close to Drake?

Yep, I fall into that bucket as well, at least for a few more years... I am hoping that the new "country" bar going in might feature good live music but I have the feeling I will be vastly dissappointed.

I think it's possible to have a night spot that draws a lot of cute girls without having douchebag guys. Kobain is kind of like that, based on the few times I've been there. The only problem is that I want some music and more of a mingling atmosphere, which is why I'm looking for a lounge. I think that if the owner of a place wants to, they can figure out ways to keep douchebag guys away while keeping the beautiful women around. It's all about how you set your place up. I'm going to try out Block 21 this weekend, as someone suggested. Isn't that place further down close to Drake?

Douchebag guys spend money, too. In fact, they probably spend more than is wise. Why should a bar owner try to keep them away? If you want to ogle "cute girls"--learn to deal with the DB's. Surely, the girls will realize your innate superiority!

The non-DB bars might attract some older, non-cute folks. People who want to talk or listen to live music. Wouldn't want to waste time at a place where the patrons aren't worth ogling, would you?

Douchebag guys spend money, too. In fact, they probably spend more than is wise. Why should a bar owner try to keep them away?

Cover for the club that doesn't charge cover? $20

Your drinks $35

Shots for you and your buddies because the women aren't biting $45

Shots for random women who don't even shoot with you $45

Waking up on your buddy's tiny apart's floor to 3 other guys scattered about, an empty wallet, a horrid smell and no women Priceless

Cover for the club that doesn't charge cover? $20

Your drinks $35

Shots for you and your buddies because the women aren't biting $45

Shots for random women who don't even shoot with you $45

Waking up on your buddy's tiny apart's floor to 3 other guys scattered about, an empty wallet, a horrid smell and no women Priceless

Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of place I want to avoid.

I guess you guys are right, you can't have a totally DB-free lounge on Washington, but the most you can hope for is a decent mixed crowd.

Archived