Another Bar On Washington Ave.

margokorin

It would be inappropriate to speak too much of my past, umm, prediliction for much younger men, but I can assure you I would never have read US Weekly for style tips. ^_^ And cougars don't have role models.

Some of the young folks are all agog, having heard about that newest media sensation: The Cougar! Wouldn't want to shock the dear innocents--who obviously still have much to learn about how the world works.

Women of a certain age out by themselves? How dare they!

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hijack the thread but the reason that I ask is that I have several friends who are in their early 30s single, never been married, no kids that worry they may be classified as such. All are good looking girls who put their careers first. We love a 5 dollar Rain martini and go to Benjys all the time. Glad to know we arent being considered as such.

Sorry to hijack the thread but the reason that I ask is that I have several friends who are in their early 30s single, never been married, no kids that worry they may be classified as such. All are good looking girls who put their careers first. We love a 5 dollar Rain martini and go to Benjys all the time. Glad to know we arent being considered as such.

No, we're actually at risk of being labeled "Pumas." Something about a 30-something, single, career woman looking to hook-up meaninglessly with 20-something hotties because we don't want to limit ourselves. :rolleyes:

I don't know any 30-something female that fits that definition- but the stretch from the 'cougar' term cracks me up.

No, we're actually at risk of being labeled "Pumas." Something about a 30-something, single, career woman looking to hook-up meaninglessly with 20-something hotties because we don't want to limit ourselves. :rolleyes:

I don't know any 30-something female that fits that definition- but the stretch from the 'cougar' term cracks me up.

LMAO - puma, I learned something new!!!

In keeping with the original theme of the thread, let me just add that I saw the changes that came to Washington. It's not so long ago that people were looking FORWARD to the opening of Pearl Bar. In addition to the coming Quiet Zone, I believe the development along the Washington Corridor is the main reason my property value has gone up 20% in three years.

I really do feel bad for people who have to deal with the drunks right on their front doorstep, but since I live north of the railroad tracks they never bother me. I wouldn't even know Wash Ave is a hotbed of activity on the weekends, if I didn't venture out. But then if I do head out I could walk to the establishments, as I have in the past.

Anyone know what's going in the old warehouse in the parking lot they built next to Ei8ht? I've heard rumors of a country bar??

The parking for Ei8ht in the neighborhood is already horrendous, I can't even imagine what it will be like when Taps, Busty LaRoue's, and this new "country" bar open...

Sample of the parking issues... I live a few blocks off Washington, near Ei8ht...the scene outside my house at 3 AM Sunday Morning a few weeks ago. Drunk suburbanite 21-year-old drove into our ditch.

jeep0.jpg

jeep.jpg

Still there in the morning...

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep5.jpg

She claimed that she thought it was a one way street and that a car was coming towards her, so she pulled over (into a ditch that was JUST the size for her car!)... despite the fact that 6 feet behind her was a street, and 3 feet in front of her was a driveway.

A couple weeks later, we added the giant rocks along the grassy side of our property, and already one has been run over (cracked in half), and another one knocked over...

Anyone know what the Social is like now days? I haven't been there in about 5 years when it was the only club in that area. Also, anyone know of a good bar on Washington to watch the fireworks for 4th of July?

The owners totally revamped the Social and it's awesome inside, but it's dead dead dead. I mean, I still like to go there, esp on Friday nights to hear the DJ play 80s-90s hip-hop, but the crowd is always slim.

Where are those Jeep pics taken? Is that North of Washington or South? We've got similar ditches out in front of our houses a few blocks south of Washington, near Ei8ht. I've been expecting a situation like this to occur for a while now... Just a matter of time.

Where are those Jeep pics taken? Is that North of Washington or South? We've got similar ditches out in front of our houses a few blocks south of Washington, near Ei8ht. I've been expecting a situation like this to occur for a while now... Just a matter of time.

I have the answer to my question of what are the large cement blocks that have been poored along the road, such as near Inker W of Durham.

Htowngirl

Your pics made it to Houstonist. I received a tweet from Houston Press with this link.

http://ow.ly/ghkt

lol, they also made it to Swamplot.

Once again, HAIF and HAIF members are the first and best source for everything Houston!! By the time the people over at the Press are tweeting it, we've already dissected the issue. Ha, give it another week and it will make Nancy's column in the Chron.

Once again, HAIF and HAIF members are the first and best source for everything Houston!! By the time the people over at the Press are tweeting it, we've already dissected the issue. Ha, give it another week and it will make Nancy's column in the Chron.

the press just sent a tweet with a link to puma's post about the chinese building that tipped over. thanks to the press for the exposure.

so true. i almost wish people would stop discovering the site and just let those of us on here continue to be cool B)

North of Washington...

I don't mind them being shared (I allowed the houstonist to use them), but yeah, the license plate should probably be blurred. I was just lazy. :)

Archived