Fulbright Tower At 1301 McKinney St.

editor

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 29, 2005--Crescent Real Estate Equities Company (NYSE:CEI) announced today that its major tenant Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. has exercised its option for the naming rights at 1301 McKinney, formerly known as Chevron Tower. The building will now be officially named Fulbright Tower. Constructed in 1982, Fulbright Tower is a 51-story, 1.2 million square-foot Class A office property located within the Houston Center complex in downtown Houston.

The international law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski occupies over 350,000 square feet in Fulbright Tower and has officed in this location since 1985. In 2003, Fulbright renegotiated and extended its lease and received the naming rights option.

Jane Page, Managing Director, Asset Management and Leasing at Crescent, commented, "We are pleased that Fulbright & Jaworski has exercised its right to name the building. Fulbright & Jaworski's prominence as a leading international law firm enhances the prestige and desirability of Crescent's newest Houston asset and the overall Houston Center development."

Frank G. Jones, co-partner-in-charge of Fulbright's Houston office, said, "We welcome this opportunity to recognize the name Fulbright by which our firm has become known. R.C. Fulbright founded the firm with John Crooker, Sr. in 1919. As part of the office space remodeling which is taking place with the building name change, we are designating our conference space on our top floor as the Leon Jaworski Conference Center. We are pleased to be able to recognize the legacies of the men for whom our firm is named."

I think ChevronTexaco moved into the 1500 Louisiana Building some time ago, at least they have mail sent there, according to their website.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe the building at 1301 McKinney was ever named ChevronTexaco Tower (and the current owner, Crescent Real Estate Equities, seems to be under that impression as well... note that they refer to it as "formerly Chevron Tower", not 'formerly ChevronTexaco Tower'.)

Yeah, I saw that too. I thing the move to 1500 Louisiana was to solidfy that this two companies are now one.

I didn't realized the moved into 1500 Louisiana already. Cool. I'm glad the building is getting used.

I haven't noticed it they put any decorative sign by the entrance that denotes their name.

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note, what is the current status/name of the (possibly former) Texaco Heritage Plaza on Bagby? (pyramid building across from Doubletree Allen Center)

After the Chevron-Texaco merger, I never heard what the future held for this building. Are they still there or does it have some other use?

It is such a significant building in the Houston skyline, it must have some high purpose.

• 15 years later...
  • The title was changed to Fulbright Tower At 1301 McKinney St.

Archived