Remodeled (tastefully) Memorial Bend Classic for sale

chlo888

Looks nice. Too bad for me that Memorial Bend has now risen out of my price range. Just a few short years ago, could have picked up something for less than $250K but I hesitated. I hope whoever buys your house keeps it and doesn't McMansionize it.

Thanks for the comments. Actually the price is very reasonable considering what you can get for the 77024 zip code and inMemorial bend for under $500k. In addition we now have a recent sell of $1.3 million for a home right down the street. It's a mcmansion but I would assume at some point there will be many more so thsi is an opportunity to own a well done home in this neighborhood while the million dollar homes surround you. Again, I will post better pictures this week as we are having the house painted for the sale.

Regards,

Glenn

Hi flipper. The white floors you see in the photo are white tile from walker zanger. They are modern and have a clean look. The rest of the house is original wood floors.

Glenn

Wow those make the 24x24 and 12x24's weve been using look like mosaic!

17BurkMasterBath2.jpg

Can't wait to see your new pics!

flipper

while the million dollar homes surround you.

Unfortunately, for many modernists, having "million dollar homes surround you" is not a selling point. Ugly (to us anyway) new homes are the last thing we want to look at on our way out to work. I've already got the McMansion down the street from me blocked out of my mind.

So that's an issue in Memorial Bend. It's such a shame. Some streets in Meyerland have a similar feeling. Both neighborhoods still have a lot of amazing houses, but the new homes stick out.

Best of luck to you with your sale. I have a good feeling about it despite the million dollar homes.

Jason

Jason,

I understand your sentiments very well. I bought the house next door so I will be here surrounded by tasteless architecture. What I was talking about was purely a financial mindset. Buyers can feel good about buying a lower priced home in a million dollar neighborhood.

FYI, I remodeled the house next door and it's turned out very well. Pleas come by if you have a chance.

Regards,

Glenn

FYI, I remodeled the house next door and it's turned out very well. Pleas come by if you have a chance.

I'll p.m. you if I can get out and about this weekend. There may be a chance of it becoming mod of the month, especially if we have a couple more over there that we can feature. I've been avoiding Memorial Bend for about 6 months though because I don't want to see what I've been hearing about.

Those that know me and my street know of the non-mod house that I'm talking about. I instinctively look to the left when I drive by it. It just sticks out in comparison to the other houses.

All that said, there are still so many well kept gems over there!

Jason

Looks nice. Too bad for me that Memorial Bend has now risen out of my price range. Just a few short years ago, could have picked up something for less than $250K but I hesitated. I hope whoever buys your house keeps it and doesn't McMansionize it.

I thought McMansions were built as McMansions, not renovated into them!

I look at wonderful homes like this an dream. I noticed remnant steps from a tree house out back - I would rebuild a mimic mod one there as well. I also envisioned the flat screen TV in a recessed can behind actuated artwork. You push a button and the art moves, the lights dim, the curtains draw, the music starts - ala Matt Helm. ...and of course the couch changes to a sleeper and the martinis auto-mix! B)

Hello, you might have heard about the incredible mid century mod that I listed for sale at 12806 Figaro. I am having it open this Sunday Nov 9th from 2 Pm - 4 Pm. Feel free to stop in to see this home. If you cannot make it at that time call or email me anytime for a private showing.

See the virtual tour and some recent pictures we took at www.breezewithlees.com click on featured properties amd look for 12806 Figaro.

Thanks - Brian Lees

Realtor Keller Williams

I just listed my home for sale. I remodeled the house within the last two years and it's been carefully looked after. The listing will have better pictures next Friday.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Regards,

Glenn Dickerson

Glenn, that's a nice looking house, very tasteful. As far as new pics........ maybe you can convince your listing agent to supply one of himself. That "Superman" pose ain't workin for him bro' . :mellow:

Hi texasdago,

In Brian's defense I have to remind you that Brian did not develop the new house that you see. We all need to make a living. I was a real estate agent in Los Angeles and I reserved my judgement on each listing I had. My job was to sell the house and bring home money to support my family. My opinion of the house was irrelevant.

texasdago lemme know if you want to come by and see the house. I think you'll appreciatte it.

Regards,

Glenn

• 4 months later...
I've already got the McMansion down the street from me blocked out of my mind.

Jason, that really is one of the UGLIEST houses I've EVER seen. Guys, this house we're talking about in Jason's neighborhood really sets a new standard of ugliness and inappropriateness. It's also one of the most out-of-context and out of proportion things you've ever seen.

This house in Memorial Bend looks very nice, though.

Jason, that really is one of the UGLIEST houses I've EVER seen. Guys, this house we're talking about in Jason's neighborhood really sets a new standard of ugliness and inappropriateness. It's also one of the most out-of-context and out of proportion things you've ever seen.

hahahahahaha - I know the house you are talking about. hilarious.

flipper

Does anyone know what's going on with this house? It's been pending for what seems like months?

12806 Figaro closed this last Tuesday. It went a buyer who knows the architecture and appreciates it. The house will be preserved!

Regards,

Glenn

Archived