The Collective At Baldwin Park: Multifamily For Midtown

eLy383Inc

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since someone started a new thread, this got me thinking...

What on earth is wrong with these people? Naming an apartment complex "The Collective," honestly. Oh, man. If I lived there the jokes would never stop.

Me: "I am 6 of D. What is your designation?"

Obviously-Freaked-Out Neighbor: "Um, what?"

Me: "What is your designation?"

Neigbor: "What is wrong with you?"

Me: "Resistance is futile!"

:lol: :tears: Excuse me for a second... Can't stop laughing.

It would be like a lock in lease. Some loans have a setup to where you can't sell the home or condo unit until a specified amount of time has passed.

My home I just bought has a 3.5year lock on the mortgage before I could resale. This is not the interest rate lock. Just a condition so the mortgage lenders a garunteed a certain amount of income from interests. If I turn around and resale for the same price I bought or higher, they don't make much money.

• 4 months later...

Yes, it's been a while since I've heard or read anything new. I know that they've been doing some street work near that area and improvements to Elizabeth Baldwin Park are ongoing, but I've not seen any indication that construction will begin.

Nevertheless, that area of Midtown remains hot. It is spilling across 288 along Elgin as we speak (for better or worse).

• 2 months later...

If nobody is going to say it then I guess I will. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN! DREAM ON! 270k for 1000 square feet and then a monthly maintenance fee on top of that. 1 million dollars for a 3 bedroom unit, yeah right.

i like the building, the urban design, and the idea but realistically if the guy a few blocks down elgin is not getting the 400k he's asking for those townhouses why would someone pay these prices.

now lets talk about ground floor retail. restaurants and retail establishments in houston need lots of parking or they go out of business. the only people walking in midtown are the bums from flop house to soup kitchen.

sorry to bust all the bubbles. its ow i see it.

dream

hmmm...

If you are referring to the townhomes on the NW side of La Branch and Elgin, they are more around $500k, which is definitely steep. I think they were banking on the Collective driving up prices, and essentially put the cart before the horse.

Just south on La Branch are some new Tricon homes going for around $350k, with 2 already sold, one with a sale pending.

Last I heard there are quite a number of folks interested and signing up to get into The Collective. They are working to change the designs, reducing the number of units, probably to make them a bit bigger. That should help justify the price.

As far as the people walking around, I'd say there are all kinds of folks walking the sidewalks during the day. Tons of people, like myself, hit the pavement daily with the dogs. There are actually a lot of students walking to ACC, as well.

I'm still positive on this side of Midtown (and love living there).

i walk by the lot where the collective will be everyday with my laptop, to and from work. i can't say i'm out there with the masses, but i hope others become comfortable and do the same.

bwj, any idea what percentage is sold right now? I know the collective's website is down right now...

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

The Collective will be zoned to these Houston ISD schools if the zoning boundaries do not change:

* J. Will Jones ES

* Gregory-Lincoln (for grades 6-8 only)

* Lamar HS

I bet that J. Will Jones will close in a few years, though.

Any updates on this project? Please don't tell me it is dead. I've been waiting for this project for 2 years now since I live really close. Thanks neighbors!

I can say with certainty that it wasn't dead as of about a month or two ago. Don't know current status.

Units are still listed for sale on HAR.com... Looked at a listing today and it had the following information:

"The Collective at Baldwin Park, a new 62 unit mid-rise located in the heart of Midtown. This property offers 7 levels with mixed use development with retail and restaurants at street level. Every condominium will have stunning views of our city. Located next to soon to be renovated Baldwin Park offers great green space. Construction should begin mid 2007 with occupancy in late 2008. Prices stated are PRE-CONSTRUCTION and will increase. Maintenance fees are estimated. Plans are at Office. "

http://www.har.com/8103695

I really hope this happens as planned with small retail/food establishments on the street level. Start filling in these open blocks east of the tracks.

Somebody told me a Taco Milagro is going to open in the retail space below. Am I just being dumb for actually considering this rumor? or is there some truth to it?

Also is there anyone we can call to confirm if construction is going start? I'm sure it's not a secret.

Somebody told me a Taco Milagro is going to open in the retail space below. Am I just being dumb for actually considering this rumor? or is there some truth to it?

Also is there anyone we can call to confirm if construction is going start? I'm sure it's not a secret.

Taco Milagro was supposedly one of the retail/dining tenants signed on, but that was a couple years ago if I remember correct.

I'm sure if you call the realtor in the link I posted above, and told them you're interested in the property, they'd give you all kinds of information.... How much will be true is debatable.

Archived