My HAIF complaint...

texas911

Not that I'm complaining because I love the forum. But this forum has got way to many sub-forums, which makes it hard to navigate, unless you're committed. The casual reader probably will post on a certain sub-forum and not go anywhere else. Just an observation.

Not that I'm complaining because I love the forum. But this forum has got way to many sub-forums, which makes it hard to navigate, unless you're committed. The casual reader probably will post on a certain sub-forum and not go anywhere else. Just an observation.

To me, the sub-forums are the best part of HAIF.

CyKat

I'm sorry you feel this way. A lot of users use HAIF:Now and View New Posts to keep up with the forum.

I know it can be hard to find all of the various features on HAIF. Have you tried these?

One of the beauties of HAIF is it's sub-forums. The fact if you had just a few generalized categories, and with the post count here, you would be weeding through thousands of posts to get at what you are looking for. Maybe it's just the part of the OCD in me involving order, and placement. I like having everything broken down into it lower common denominator so to speak. Everything has it's niche', and we even have the official HAIF Niche' as a member. It just takes getting use to, but is really highly functional. Just my 2

Yeah, the View New Posts option is the only way I catch up on stuff, and when I'm done and click Mark all Forums as Read then I can start with new stuff next time around...

Figuring this out changed my life...come over to the dark side, HAIF will possess you shortly!

It would be nice tho if there was a way to see the inception date of a thread before opening it up.

Not necessary. We bump up a topic when something interesting about it happens.

Use 'HAIF:Now", 'View new posts', or search for a topic. Or be like me and make a mental location of your topic of interest. Better still you do a mental classification of topics and you will be correct most of the time.

I think the "bumping up" might be part of the problem. I use VNP and then see something that was not there the day before and jump into it only to realize after reading the first couple of messages that the thread actually started in 2004 lol. The same software is used on another forum that I am a regular on but over there most threads don't last as long but there are a lot more of them. Go away for a day and come back to 8 to 10 pages of VNP. The longer thread life over here is probably due to the subject matter, buildings just don't get built overnight.

Any way I do enjoy reading here and like to contribute when I can.

HTX

Archived