My Trip To Houston Last Weekend

texasboy

I too really enjoyed the pictures. I looked at them yesterday. Those pictures of Midtown make it look like some kind of urban paradise, with the sidewalks, the street level retail and the apartments above, the landscaping, the clean, crisp look. Is it that cool to live there? Just wondering.

I know what you mean about posting something and getting little or no reaction. You sometimes wonder, is it even worth the effort?...did anybody notice?

well thanks people. alot more responses since i made that comment. :) tomv, yes midtown is looking great. i actually use to live at post midtown square and talk about walkability with the ground level retail. i have to say i went a little broke eating out at farrago on the bottom floor quite a bit, but the atmosphere of that place cannot be beat by any restaurant in the neighborhood or the food. i'm glad you understand how i feel about the pics and you do start to think is it worth it. if some people placed themselves in some people's shoes, and I mean that literally with all the walking i did, and realize how much effort it takes to take pics for one specific reason, and that is to share, they would probably appreciate it more. i have learned that myself on other forums. again, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Don't worry, Texasboy- we appreciate you taking pics! After all, I took a few pics a few months ago..and yes, i did realize that there is alot of effort involed (including finding ways to prevent yourself from being interrogated by guards who are suspicious of what you are doing, etc.). Thank you, once again!

Awesome pictures! Seeing those pictures of people sitting outside on the sidewalk and eating their lunch downtown are welcome sights. You're pictures are definitely appreciated. I love seeing all the new activity in Houston. I live in Los Angeles now but my family still lives in Houston so it's always nice getting to see pictures of what's new. Please keep them coming.

texasboy, those pics are awesome. I particularly like the Midtown ones and some that appear to be in the Montrose. Also, you captured the old courthouse area with some great shots. Thanks for sharing. There certainly weren't too many pics. Great job. Come back to see us real soon. B)

Thanks for the pics. They were great. I never knew that most of that was even downtown. And do not worry about the slow responses. Like some I rarely access the Internet on the weekends and holidays much less the message boards so I did not see them until today. Still excellent work. Thanks!

This was probably my favorite./ I wonder how long it will take before someone complians about it though? :lol: Not that I care at all.

Archived