Can Obama Win Texas?

citykid09

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, Austin has made you bitter. Even McCain's own people admit that he is behind and it is a concern.

Seriously, TJ. I've been friends with you for a couple of years. If you are going to start twisting my words and name call me, I can ignore you just as I do some of the nutjobs on this board. I'd hate to do that with you. But, if you are going to attack me rather than my arguments, I'll do what I need to do. Many of my Republican friends have become increasingly vengeful as McCain tanks in the polls. I've been forced to become "unavailable" to them, at least until after the election. I hope you and I don't have to go there as well.

What are you talking about ? I am quoting the poll's numbers. They are both in Obama's favor. I am not bitter, I am pissed that there is nobody worth a hoot running for President, maybe that is where the bitterness is coming in ? What did I call you, if you took offense to anyhting I have said, especially anything I said about you personally, I will apologize in front of everyone here. I honestly don't know what namecalling you are referring to.

If you are referring to the Sheople comment, man o'man, I thought you had thicker skin than that my friend.

What are you talking about ? I am quoting the poll's numbers. They are both in Obama's favor. I am not bitter, I am pissed that there is nobody worth a hoot running for President, maybe that is where the bitterness is coming in ? What did I call you, if you took offense to anyhting I have said, especially anything I said about you personally, I will apologize in front of everyone here. I honestly don't know what namecalling you are referring to.

If you are referring to the Sheople comment, man o'man, I thought you had thicker skin than that my friend.

You're just bitter because the shadow of your ass now weighd 30 pounds. :lol::lol::lol: Don't you dare blame that crap on Austin, maybe too many trips to the Oasis...... :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe he's been in the Zacapa Centenario too much TJ

You're just bitter because the shadow of your ass now weighd 30 pounds. :lol::lol::lol: Don't you dare blame that crap on Austin, maybe too many trips to the Oasis...... :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe he's been in the Zacapa Centenario too much TJ

How you doin' there Pot ? Hey Red, check out "slim" here trying to make fun of me. With friends like Mark...... :P:lol::lol::lol:

How you doin' there Pot ? Hey Red, check out "slim" here trying to make fun of me. With friends like Mark...... :P:lol::lol::lol:

That is a bit scary. Haven't seen Mark doing any NutiSystem commercials recently. ;)

TJ, I may have done a bit of a preemptive strike there, but the election just needs to hurry up and end. Like I said, McCain supporters are starting to get more personal, and as soon as I saw your post starting to go there, I decided to say something. Don't take it too personal. I have to refrain from calling McCain/Palin supporters morons and knuckle draggers, so you can refrain from calling me sheeple or messiah worshiper.

Fair enough? ;)

yes lets all thank God that the corrupt and the welfare hags and the ignorant voted in droves for someone......America should aspire to be like New Orleans, Detroit, DC, Gary Indiana, East St. Louis and many of the other totally ghetto democratic strong holds

Nice list. You forgot to mention Boston, Providence, Hartford, New York City, Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Honolulu as other totally ghetoo democratic strong holds!

One can only hope. It'll certainly put a lot of people in their place. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to people that Illinois isn't really a blue state, it's just that Chicago is the tail that wags the dog. Looking at the electoral map from the 2004 election 100 of the 102 counties were red. Only Cook and I think Lake went blue, but it was enough to blow out the votes from all the other counties.

Um, which map are you looking at?

Kerry won 15 counties and Lake wasn't one of them.

Kerry carried several counties in St Louis' metro (Calhoun, Madison, and St Clair).

Kerry also carried Cook like you said. This is BIG since Cook County has a larger population than 29 states! Kerry carried over 70% of the vote here.

Kerry also won in other "urban areas" in the state; winning Peoria County and two counties in the Rock Island/Moline metro.

He also carried large university counties like Champaign (U of Illinois) and Jackson County (Southern Illinois U).

He managed to win a few rural counties too.

I look for Obama to win about 45 counties this go round.

Nice list. You forgot to mention Boston, Providence, Hartford, New York City, Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Honolulu as other totally ghetoo democratic strong holds!

He also left out Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, and Houston.

Both sides say that and everyone wants it to be true, but unfortunately well-run polls have a very good track record.

It's a running joke ed. Trae said the polls "didn't matter" when McCain was in the lead a couple of weeks ago, and that only the electoral college website mattered at that point, and the rest of the Libs. here agreed. Now, when Obama is back on top, the polls are in play again ? It's just very amusing.

Up until 2000 and 2004, polls were almost always right, especially exit-polling. In fact, it is exit polling that is used worldwide to investigate elections by various international voting rights agencies.

The latest polling is starting to look grim for not just McCain/Palin but for repubs down ballot too. Dems have a chance to pick up Senate seats in Oregon, Minnesota, North Carolina and a few other places largely on the coattails of Obama's surge.

Here's the latest by state;

Quinnipiac Polls (from today)

54-37 Obama lead in Wisconsin

51-40 Obama lead in Minnesota

52-43 Obama lead in Colorado

54-38 Obama lead in Michigan

These were all considered swing states. I can see why McCain took off out of Michigan? Maybe Wisconsin will be next?

Survey USA (from last 3 days)

55-40 Obama lead in Pennsylvania

50-45 Obama lead in Ohio (the Dem's largest)

57-40 Obama lead in Oregon

64-31 Obama lead in New York

55-40 Obama lead in New Jersey

51-43 McCain lead in Georgia (Bush carried by 17% in 2004)

51-43 Obama lead in Missouri

Rasmussen (from last 3 days)

50-47 Obama lead in Virginia

48-48 tie in North Carolina

49-47 Obama lead in Ohio

50-47 Obama lead in Missouri

51-46 Obama lead in Florida

56-40 Obama lead in California

Man, Austin has made you bitter. Even McCain's own people admit that he is behind and it is a concern.

Seriously, TJ. I've been friends with you for a couple of years. If you are going to start twisting my words and name call me, I can ignore you just as I do some of the nutjobs on this board. I'd hate to do that with you. But, if you are going to attack me rather than my arguments, I'll do what I need to do. Many of my Republican friends have become increasingly vengeful as McCain tanks in the polls. I've been forced to become "unavailable" to them, at least until after the election. I hope you and I don't have to go there as well.

McCain has been consistently behind (with an average of) 4 to 6 points in the polls pretty much all along. I'm not worried about him not winning. 4 to 6 points is WAY to slim a margin for Obamabots to be crowing about potential "landslide" and such. With such a slim margin, it could go either way. Nothing's changed.

I am NOT a McCain fan, but he's a HELL of a lot better than the Hezbollah, Amadinejad, Hugo Chavez, Castro, AND American Communist Party ENDORSED Obama! (Don't believe me on this? It's all out there for you to read. I suggest you look. And if this doesn't disturb you, then you must think Cuba and North Korea are utopia.) G.D., this country is so F-ed if that Marxist wins the White House.

Not just because of Obama but because of Pelosi, Reid, Murtha, and other other slimy Marxists in our government -- as well as the R.I.N.O. SELLOUTS!

Read my lips: This country is SCREWED. And I hope you people who want to vote for the Marxist hang onto your wallets...because he's going to REDISTRIBUTE all your "wealth". And if you think it's only going to happen to the people making $250,000 a year you are a FOOL!

Wake up and rethink your votes, Obamabots. Trust me, after it's in there for awhile, you're in for a rude awakening. And it's not a matter of JUST the President being a Marxist either...and that's what truly has this country screwed!

Dis

Read my lips: This country is SCREWED. And I hope you people who want to vote for the Marxist hang onto your wallets...because he's going to REDISTRIBUTE all your "wealth". And if you think it's only going to happen to the people making $250,000 a year you are a FOOL!

Wake up and rethink your votes, Obamabots. Trust me, after it's in there for awhile, you're in for a rude awakening. And it's not a matter of JUST the President being a Marxist either...and that's what truly has this country screwed!

Dis

In the words of the great Bob Dylan, when you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose. Me and the other po' folks are going to vote Obama and see what happens. Enjoy the ride!

In the words of the great Bob Dylan, when you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose. Me and the other po' folks are going to vote Obama and see what happens. Enjoy the ride!

Yep - I was reading over this a while back (someone please update with new data if that is outdated) and according to what's on paper my "wealth" (lol) will not be taken from me. Of course I am not in the McCarthyism camp, either.

One always has something to lose.

Your freedom and democracy immediately come to mind.

If you are "po" now, you'll be "po" later. History is replete with megalomaniacs promising to give this and that and only TAKING freedom and HARD EARNED wealth promising to "redistribute" it. The problem is, the "po" never see it. Only the upper ruling class reaps the rewards. Everyone else lives in misery.

That's Marxism.

Obama is a dangerous person. The endorsements I pointed out are but one example of the ways I could count...his own words, relationships and history only serve to reinforce and underscore what a menace and Marxist he is.

You'll see, if he gets in there.

I think someone forgot their meds today.

And some people are OVER medicated to the point of incapability of reason and rational thought.

Those people vote for Obama, the Marxist.

One always has something to lose.

Your freedom and democracy immediately come to mind.

If you are "po" now, you'll be "po" later. History is replete with megalomaniacs promising to give this and that and only TAKING freedom and HARD EARNED wealth promising to "redistribute" it. The problem is, the "po" never see it. Only the upper ruling class reaps the rewards. Everyone else lives in misery.

That's Marxism.

This sounds a lot like the last 8 years if you ask me.

You know, I'd consider voting for McCain, but I don't think I can afford another 4 years of "freedom and democracy" and "wealth" if it looks anything like the last 8.

It's a running joke ed. Trae said the polls "didn't matter" when McCain was in the lead a couple of weeks ago, and that only the electoral college website mattered at that point, and the rest of the Libs. here agreed. Now, when Obama is back on top, the polls are in play again ? It's just very amusing.

Do you see me posting Gallup polls? Nope. I've always posted the Electoral Map closer to the election.

When McCain loses maybe you can move to Alaska and join the separatist movement with the "first dude".

Oh, I won't need to move for that. Once Obama and the DC Marxist goon squad start stripping freedoms away and redistributing wealth -- you'll see a nation-wide "separatist movement". Texas might be the epicenter of that.

Keep your seatbelts on, Marxists.There's still a silent majority out here that won't tolerate a Marxist USA. You're going to see that roughly 50% of the country that isn't brainwashed by the Obama Marxist (assuming he gets in the White House) take the proper and appropriate steps if he (and his cronies up in DC) decides to go crazy up there with the Marxism.

You'll see.

Oh, I won't need to move for that. Once Obama and the DC Marxist goon squad start stripping freedoms away and redistributing wealth -- you'll see a nation-wide "separatist movement". Texas might be the epicenter of that.

Keep your seatbelts on, Marxists.There's still a silent majority out here that won't tolerate a Marxist USA. You're going to see that roughly 50% of the country that isn't brainwashed by the Obama Marxist take the proper and appropriate steps if he (and his cronies up in DC) decides to go crazy up there with the Marxism.

You'll see.

Good for you son. Good for you.

Archived