Can Obama Win Texas?

citykid09

Can Obama Win Texas?

Many Texas Republicans are telling Texas that if they vote for Obama its a waste because he is not going to win the state. But I here that if atleast 70% of Texas Democrats went out and voted for Obama, that he could win the state. What do you guys think?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can Obama Win Texas?

IMO, no.

But it does make one wonder, what would have to occur to cause a republican presidential candidate to lose Texas?

.....Other than a heretofore unseen mobilization of hispanic and young voters. Demographics could eventually swing the pendulum.

Can Obama Win Texas?

Many Texas Republicans are telling Texas that if they vote for Obama its a waste because he is not going to win the state. But I here that if atleast 70% of Texas Democrats went out and voted for Obama, that he could win the state. What do you guys think?

Nope. But you can take solice in that for every Democrat that doesn't show up out of resignation there is a Republican that isn't showing up out of complacency.

Can Obama Win Texas?

Well if they believe that their own vote is a waste, than I guess it is. If they need someone to tell them what their vote is worth or how to cast it, it actually is a waste. The way I see it is, a vote is meant to represent presence of thought and knowledge. It's meant to represent the the agenda of the person casting it, and what they believe is in their own best interest. If they can't decide that for themselves, then I guess it is a waste.

If that Marxist gets in the White House we are ALL going to be sorry. You Obama-zombies will be BEGGING for Bush back.

Very insightful.

I think Bush should be the new baseline against which other Presidents will be measured. By that measure, either candidate is an improvement. It's just a matter of getting through the trough in the wake of all the Bush disasters. If the next President can survive that and turn things around, he will be judged a success.

I doubt it, but I bet it will be closer than the last two elections.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...-628.html#polls

'Cuda I will have to disagree, it will be even further apart than the last two. No more of ACORN's medling, even "America's Team", The Dallas Cowboys, can't vote in two states. ACORN is under a full investigation now, and anyone "signed up" by them as a new voter will be cast aside. Good-bye Ohio Good-bye Florida, possibly Good-bye Illinois.

2924259414_d02662ab67_o.jpg

Nope. But you can take solice in that for every Democrat that doesn't show up out of resignation there is a Republican that isn't showing up out of complacency.

College students (and high school student, too) like to make a lot of noise about how they're going to change the world "this election." But every time an election comes around they chant and make signs and hold rallies for three months, and then simply fail to vote.

Since MTV started all that "Rock the Vote" hype in the 90's voter turnout for 18-24-year-olds is down. It's all a bunch of noise and the kids don't even realize that they're being used by the corporations (the ones who sponsor these initiatives) and the political parties to do free advertising for them.

'Cuda I will have to disagree, it will be even further apart than the last two. No more of ACORN's medling, even "America's Team", The Dallas Cowboys, can't vote in two states. ACORN is under a full investigation now, and anyone "signed up" by them as a new voter will be cast aside. Good-bye Ohio Good-bye Florida, possibly Good-bye Illinois.

And Obama can still win without those states. That's how far ahead he is.

www.electoral-vote.com

possibly Good-bye Illinois.

One can only hope. It'll certainly put a lot of people in their place. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to people that Illinois isn't really a blue state, it's just that Chicago is the tail that wags the dog. Looking at the electoral map from the 2004 election 100 of the 102 counties were red. Only Cook and I think Lake went blue, but it was enough to blow out the votes from all the other counties.

I actually need Obama to win this election so I can CASH IN !!! My fellow Republicans will spend money on cars regardless, but by having a Dem. as the talking head, it will enable the brainwashed sheople of the left to loosen up their purse strings a bit, because they will think all is well again.

One can only hope. It'll certainly put a lot of people in their place. I don't know how many times I've had to explain to people that Illinois isn't really a blue state, it's just that Chicago is the tail that wags the dog. Looking at the electoral map from the 2004 election 100 of the 102 counties were red. Only Cook and I think Lake went blue, but it was enough to blow out the votes from all the other counties.

Thank God. And if you looked at Ohio in 2004... and looked at a 3-D rendering of the red vs. blue counties... The 3-D image kinda looked like a big blue middle finger, centered around Cincinnati. Unfortunately, it was not enough then to win Ohio. But perhaps the middle finger will be larger, more prominent this year.

I think this election is going to be just as tight as all other years, once Nov 4 rolls around.

Thank God. And if you looked at Ohio in 2004... and looked at a 3-D rendering of the red vs. blue counties... The 3-D image kinda looked like a big blue middle finger, centered around Cincinnati. Unfortunately, it was not enough then to win Ohio. But perhaps the middle finger will be larger, more prominent this year.

I think this election is going to be just as tight as all other years, once Nov 4 rolls around.

yes lets all thank God that the corrupt and the welfare hags and the ignorant voted in droves for someone......America should aspire to be like New Orleans, Detroit, DC, Gary Indiana, East St. Louis and many of the other totally ghetto democratic strong holds

I hope so. This is the first time in 20 years I haven't had to work election night. I'm looking forward to just watching it all on TV as a civilian.

2924259414_d02662ab67_o.jpg

I must say that full investigations are much better than partial ones. It might also be useful to point out that it would be illegal to "cast aside" any legal voter registration, regardless who signed the voter up. Even if 99 voter registration cards were illegitimate, if the 100th registration is legit, the voter will be registered. So, no good-bye to Ohio (unless the GOP rigs the vote count again), no good-bye to Florida (unless the Republican Supreme Court jumps in to make it "fair"), and no good-bye to Illinois.

It might be instructional to listen to the words of everyone's favorite tax man, Paul Bettencourt. While Harris County Democratic voters set records in the primary, almost all of them had previously voted. There are not that many new voters signed up, especially compared to the total number of voters. What accounts for the surge is the voters who skipped previous elections due to apathy.

Red, they will most likely be tied up in the investigation, so in effect wouldn't they be cast aside. If one or 6,000 are in question, wouldn't they ALL be in question ? All the "hanging chads" are in ACORN's offices. This all goes to show that even when Dems. try to cheat, they still can't win.

Red, they will most likely be tied up in the investigation, so in effect wouldn't they be cast aside. If one or 6,000 are in question, wouldn't they ALL be in question ? All the "hanging chads" are in ACORN's offices. This all goes to show that even when Dems. try to cheat, they still can't win.

Nope. It takes almost no time to verify a registration as that of a real person, as the voter must list identifying information, such as a DL or SSN. Once the registration is validated, it goes through. The investigation that takes time is finding out who turned in the invalid card, and whether the person did so with criminal intent.

Your theory is shot to hell.

The exact method varies from location to location, but most places I've been, if there's a question about your legitimacy as a voter you are still allowed to cast a "provisional" ballot. I forget if that ballot/voter gets investigated later to determine legitimacy for the canvass, or if it ends up like the overseas votes in some areas -- only counted if there's a tie.

College students (and high school student, too) like to make a lot of noise about how they're going to change the world "this election." But every time an election comes around they chant and make signs and hold rallies for three months, and then simply fail to vote.

Since MTV started all that "Rock the Vote" hype in the 90's voter turnout for 18-24-year-olds is down. It's all a bunch of noise and the kids don't even realize that they're being used by the corporations (the ones who sponsor these initiatives) and the political parties to do free advertising for them.

True, but i think this election is gonna see many 20-24 yr olds unlike previous elections.

Nope. It takes almost no time to verify a registration as that of a real person, as the voter must list identifying information, such as a DL or SSN. Once the registration is validated, it goes through. The investigation that takes time is finding out who turned in the invalid card, and whether the person did so with criminal intent.

Your theory is shot to hell.

It's ok if it's shot to hell, using your 99 out of 100 logic, Acorn is most assuredly to lose over half of the registration names they tried so hard to make up. It's a win/win.

It's ok if it's shot to hell, using your 99 out of 100 logic, Acorn is most assuredly to lose over half of the registration names they tried so hard to make up. It's a win/win.

More like a non-starter. Registering fake people does not create any actual votes, since the voter does not exist. A non-existent voter does not vote. Of more concern should be the polls showing McCain down 10 points in the race among likely voters. These are phone calls made to actual people who actually have voted in previous elections. If McCain cannot make up the deficit among REAL voters, the only use these fake registrations will have is for AM radio talk show hosts to blame for McCain's loss.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27155454/

Newsweek is at +14 and Zogby is at +4. I thought the polls didn't matter anymore ? Now they matter again when your Messiah is ahead, as usual.

Man, Austin has made you bitter. Even McCain's own people admit that he is behind and it is a concern.

Seriously, TJ. I've been friends with you for a couple of years. If you are going to start twisting my words and name call me, I can ignore you just as I do some of the nutjobs on this board. I'd hate to do that with you. But, if you are going to attack me rather than my arguments, I'll do what I need to do. Many of my Republican friends have become increasingly vengeful as McCain tanks in the polls. I've been forced to become "unavailable" to them, at least until after the election. I hope you and I don't have to go there as well.

I hope it's a landslide. A close victory for either side would destroy this country.

Don't forget that Bush was claiming he won by a mandate in 2004 with just 51% of the vote to Kerry's 48%. But you're right, the last thing anyone wants is a drawn out 2000 style ballot counting or an illegitimately won office.

Archived