Take the HAIFinance Challenge

editor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entries are now closed. The master spreadsheet has been created. I've attached a PDF of it to this message for those of you curious about what it looks like. You can print it out if your printer supports Super B/A3 paper.

I'll post numeric comparisons and charts here at least once a week. I won't post anything right now because it's a tie between all players.

Since I forgot to get my picks in on time, I'll be the control with $1,000 cash the whole way through.

Good luck, everyone!

2008_HAIFinance_Challenge___Start.pdf

Entries are now closed. The master spreadsheet has been created. I've attached a PDF of it to this message for those of you curious about what it looks like. You can print it out if your printer supports Super B/A3 paper.

I'll post numeric comparisons and charts here at least once a week. I won't post anything right now because it's a tie between all players.

Since I forgot to get my picks in on time, I'll be the control with $1,000 cash the whole way through.

Good luck, everyone!

Should be interesting to see what happens. Why did you decide to be the control cash $1000 entry. It could always been implied as a blanked entry and you could have joined in too?

winner gets amazon gift cards worth the value of his winning portfolio, right ??

--------------------------

dammit... i cant make a 100% automatic contest tracker in google docs.

ISK is throwing me off because it's also a stock and i cant figure out how to make the goog finance lookup equation find the currency price instead.

Same with gold..

Live Contest Snapshot

I got bored yesterday evening. Except for the currency conversion of ISK, these current prices update automatically every 3-5 minutes or so.

The page gets republished every 5 minutes as well.

If anyone sees any mistakes, let me know.

If anyone can think of a more accurate way to get the ISK price automatically, please let me know.

EDIT:

This is an unofficial contest tracker and does not indicate official totals or rankings...duh

Google is either the smartest company to have all these free web based programs or the greatest evil of evils.

Either way, Google is fantastic. An inside source tells me this stock is going to explode soon. Honest, but keep it under your hat.

They already released their earnings report...I doubt a new web app that does the same thing as a desktop app will make the stock "explode" but hey if everyone decides it will "explode" an acts on that assumption then by definition it will "explode"...

It would have been funny, had more people joined the challenge and if the coding was not a nightmare, to have each members stock value in our profile space.

Then I could say, "Hey, I am more worthy than you!".

But with the rankings, avatars, locations, star ratings, I can't see much more room for that. But Highway6's sheet is just neat, I should not even been on now, but I am going to refresh all day! :lol:

Productivity ↓

They already released their earnings report...I doubt a new web app that does the same thing as a desktop app will make the stock "explode" but hey if everyone decides it will "explode" an acts on that assumption then by definition it will "explode"...

No, seriously, it's about to explode. Get in for the win!

WoW! Well done, sir!

Liking the AIG ....hell it's got (hardly) anywhere to go but up. :D

Interestingly, you and gwilson will share the winner title if AIG is the greatest gainer in the end.

oh. . and HAPPY FERRIS WHEEL icon for me! B)

Why did you decide to be the control cash $1000 entry.

Because I missed my own deadline. I could have put some stocks in, but that would feel too much like cheating.

Live Contest Snapshot

I got bored yesterday evening. Except for the currency conversion of ISK, these current prices update automatically every 3-5 minutes or so.

WOW! Thanks so much! That rocks! Much better than once-a-week updating chart I put together.

WOW! Thanks so much! That rocks! Much better than once-a-week updating chart I put together.

Wow, if Editor had set up my HAIFinance margin account like I'd asked for, I'd have already lost 24.8% of portfolio value before calculating interest expenses, and we're only two days into it!

Good luck, everyone!

:P PHBTBB !!!! This was rigged. I bought in for 62 shares at $16. Editor, you have it in at 51 shares at $19 ??? WTH?? I'm glad you aren't my stockbroker.

Archived