If They Could Rename Greenspoint

Disastro

Let's rename Greenspoint Mall!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rename Greenspoint Mall?

• Gunspoint Mall
    • The Shoppes by the Hood
    • Former Glory Mall
    • Rogues Gallery Square
    • The Vacancy Outlet Mall
    • Graffitti-Land Shopping City
    • Glory Days Mall
    • Wimpsville Center
    • Grand Theft Shopping City
    • Shady Acres Mall

I went with Shoppes by the Hood. That was great, had me laughing in my office.

How about some local businesses around the mall.

Sheraton at Hoodspoint

A local gathering establishment for those who cause terror called "Hood Hop"

Maybe even a popular store in the mall called Stabbed, Shot, You Name It

I feel so horrible about this........oh well. We all have to have some fun!

I named it Shady Acres Mall. I feel really bad for Greenspoint...if I could afford it, I would fix it up and rename it something like "Airport Place Mall". It needs a Fry's Electronics. That would be fun...

I live about 7 miles from the mall and it is really not as bad as Puma makes it sound. I wish they had a better food court. I have been wanting to try out the Mexican restaurant (Luna I think?) but just never have a desire to goto the mall (any mall, not just Greenspoint).

I don't care for the whole mall concept really.

I live about 7 miles from the mall and it is really not as bad as Puma makes it sound. I wish they had a better food court. I have been wanting to try out the Mexican restaurant (Luna I think?) but just never have a desire to goto the mall (any mall, not just Greenspoint).

I don't care for the whole mall concept really.

I really don't get it. I've heard Greenspoint was full of hoodlums, gangsters, and thieves, some murder-suicide in a lingerie shop recently (several months ago), and the incident regarding some deputy that somehow was found dead inside a trash can, but that was a long time ago.

According to the mall website, it doesn't SEEM like a terrible place. Seems empty? Sure. Plenty of Class "B" stores? Yup. It still has lots of other stores, and reminds me of Northwest Plaza...a large mall in St. Louis that became soon cavernously empty due to crime. However, it seems like this is Northwest Plaza before its place today. It still has Sbarro, Tilt, Brother's Pizza, Quizno's, and New York and Company.

Tell me more crime stories.

• 1 month later...
I'm really suprised Gunspoint Mall is still open. I expect it to go the way of Sharpstown Mall pretty soon. Still hear it's a great place to get your car stolen.

article

attention all upside down car owners with good insurance who did not or could not take advantage of Ike flooding....Christmas time is coming which is a perfect excuse to be at the mall!

Back in late 80's we knew a young guy at work that almost died in that parking lot from a near death beating. He & his girlfriend were getting to their parked when they noticed about 4 guys breaking in, he approached (stupid bravery) ended up getting hit on the head with a tire iron almost died and they still took the car. He came out of the coma after about 2 weeks.

There should be a huge neon sign out front with "Enter at your won Risk" emblazoned across or have patrons sign an indemnity death waifer form as they enter?

My names for this sad place is (drum roll)

Death Wish Mall

Suicide Place

Russian Roulette Mall

Armegeddon Oaks Mall

The Rue Morgue Center

Mosauleum Place

to name a few...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to If They Could Rename Greenspoint

Archived