QB Situation in Houston

Karick42

I was a bit surprised to see the opening to an article yesterday about how fans were clamoring for Schaub to be benched for Sage. I guess the main reason that I am surprised is because it's this early in the season but with an 0-4 start, it makes sense.

What is your take on the whole thing? I will say this, it's a pleasant surprise to see how well Steve Slaton is doing, mainly because he is on both of my fantasy teams. B)

Sage could be our starter QB, but he shouldn't replace Shaub. Matt played great against Jacksonville and against the Titans as well, only Andre and others made him look like he didn't.

Stick with Shaub. Sage is a stinking awesome backup/starter.

I think this may be the most ill-advised, poorly timed thread ever of HAIF. Is Plastic back from the dead to start this?

Seriously Sage Rosenfels just cost the Texans a game in which they dominated a division opponent. Never in a sport as team orientated as football has one player cost his team so much so fast. He may have singlehandedly cost the Texans their season, at least as far as playoff aspirations.

Of course Schaub is the starter, there was no competition, in case you missed it he spent saturday night in the hospital. He is coming off one of his best games as a Texan against a better defense than Indy in Jville. So people pull your heads out of the sand and come to a conclusion that doesn't soundlike it was conceived by watching sportscenter highlights instead of actually watching 60 minutes of real football.

I have to believe the Vince Young suggestion was a joke. Good one too.

Sage was great but Schaub was just as good the previous two games. I think what sets them apart right now is that Sage tends to make a few more costly mistakes than Matt.

The one thing I like more about Sage is that he's got a pulse. Does Matt ever show emotion? But I'll take whichever one gets us a W, emotion or not.

I don't know, except for two freak plays Sage was awesome. There's a new MMA gym right by my office, I say Sage and Schaub settle this like men, once and for all.

He fumbled the ball twice AND threw an interception on the last drive of the game all within the last 4 minutes. That is 3 colossial mistakes.

He fumbled the ball twice AND threw an interception on the last drive of the game all within the last 4 minutes. That is 3 colossial mistakes.

And came inches away from getting the ball stripped when reaching for the first down while on top of the pile.

I think this may be the most ill-advised, poorly timed thread ever of HAIF. Is Plastic back from the dead to start this?

Seriously Sage Rosenfels just cost the Texans a game in which they dominated a division opponent. Never in a sport as team orientated as football has one player cost his team so much so fast. He may have singlehandedly cost the Texans their season, at least as far as playoff aspirations.

Of course Schaub is the starter, there was no competition, in case you missed it he spent saturday night in the hospital. He is coming off one of his best games as a Texan against a better defense than Indy in Jville. So people pull your heads out of the sand and come to a conclusion that doesn't soundlike it was conceived by watching sportscenter highlights instead of actually watching 60 minutes of real football.

I have to believe the Vince Young suggestion was a joke. Good one too.

Are you serious?

If you really read what I was saying, instead of jumping to conclusions, you would see that I said I SAW AN ARTICLE that said this. I didn't make it up and I'm not trying to start anything. I could actually care less because I have to worry about my Jaguars and their situation.

If you actually want my take on it, I agree with you, Schaub SHOULD and most likely will be the starter going ahead. As much as the Texans invested to get him, it would be stupid for them not to but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

No reason AT ALL to jump on someone.

I think it was pretty apparent that yesterday's loss was NOT a team loss. I played football for 16years, and I have only found myself putting all the blame for a loss on one person, once. Yesterday was that once. Sage, get back on the bench where you belong.

I think we should try to trade for Vince Young. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Maybe we could unload Mario Williams for him.

The way things are going for the Titans right now with Vince on the bench, I could see more people asking for the Texans to trade V. Young for one of the QBs and a draft pick. That way, we'd have both Young AND Williams.

I think it was pretty apparent that yesterday's loss was NOT a team loss. I played football for 16years, and I have only found myself putting all the blame for a loss on one person, once. Yesterday was that once. Sage, get back on the bench where you belong.

Yeah, Sage lost the game. He was playing great up and till that point. I actually don't blame him for the 'helicopter' play, but the one where he got the ball stripped from his hands. How could he not see or feel that someone was chasing him nearby. It wasn't like the guy came from behind.

Same bro. Never in my life have I blamed a loss on one person. The first time was Sunday. Sage single handily lost the game for the Texans. We could be 1-3 right now with the same record as the Colts and tied for last. Now we are just dead last and a bad 0-4. One thing though, this team is definitely good. We have the talent. We can pull a win streak together. We will win the next three games at least.

Archived